Fitness Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going well!

I over-hauled some of my pantry this week and will continue to do so over the weekend! I'm finally take a proactive approach in my diet. I'm cutting out processed foods as much as possible. And am eating 'clean'. Which I'm quite excited for.

I'm back on the work-out horse after taking a week off to help a friend get ready for her wedding and move. (Seriously, who moves the WEEK they're getting married??)

Changing my diet to reflect my exercising, I think, is going to be the biggest help to me. Yay! I'm taking progress pictures of myself, and will hopefully continue to do so, starting to see some change in the coming weeks.

BananaHands

Staff member
Oh man, yeah. We should do picture-progress. Keeps us more accountable.

What's your stance with bread and your diet? I've been trying to cut out as much as possible and it might be the hardest thing possible.

I go for wheat bread, never white, and am slowly phasing it out as much as possible. Honestly, I'm not opposed to indulging every once in a while - I've given myself one day a week (I picked Saturdays) to be more relaxed with my diet. It doesn't mean I have to cheat, just that I can and not feel guilty.

Perfect reference is perfect by the way. :)

EDIT: Oh oh, AND! You, or anyone should do picture progress with me! Maybe in 1 month I'll post my starting and where I'm at progress. As insecure as that makes me...I think it will push me that much harder if I know I have to show someone.

BananaHands

Staff member
And yeah, we should totally do photo progress in this thread to separate it from the "I just exercised" thread. Also it'll make us all that much more accountable.

Count me in!

So, shall we start on, say the 13th?

Give people a few days to see this post and join in. And then I say we reveal our progess on Sept. 13th. Sound alright?

BananaHands

Staff member
Deal.

Commence people not eating until the 13th.[DOUBLEPOST=1344525800][/DOUBLEPOST]Are we doing Biggest Loser style?

Like with prizes?

I'm good with whatever. If you want to set something up, I say go for it. I'm just going to do my best and take pictures, don't want the possible stress of competition to stress me out. :)

Cajungal

Staff member
I don't outlaw most foods. Bread is too delicious. I'll just eat half of what I'd usually eat if I think a food won't be too beneficial. I'll have a half sandwich at lunch and fill in the gaps with fruit or vegetables. I eat how I plan to eat for the rest of my life, just less of it.

Exercise is going well. I still feel "softer" than I did at the beginning of the summer, but it's getting better. I walk or do my elliptical at least 25 minutes a day, more of I have the time. I do free weights and lunges every other day.

BananaHands

Staff member
Woo-hah. Gimme a minute, I'll figure out how we can do this as a monthly contest. I'll probably have to make a specific thread just for the photo portion.

I'll pass on the pics. Even though I'm exercising and trying to eat better, I am on medication that is making actual weight loss ridiculously slow. So while I feel the results of my running, yoga, and other exercise I don't look much different. :/ I've been told once I build more muscle that could change. But I don't care about it much. I'm happy I'm not getting winded when I chase my kids around now.

Status
Not open for further replies.