Export thread

First Novel

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

UPDATE: It is officially out now. Check it in paperback on Amazon, or for download through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

I've mentioned this a little here and there on the forums, and a bunch on my website, but since the release will be soon, it's time to show it here:

Logline: A troubled orphan gets transferred to a nightmarish valley after one more fight than her orphanage benefactors can handle. Her caretakers always told her that monsters don't exist. They were wrong.

Novel will be on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and some other places within the next couple weeks. It's pretty much ready to go; I just have to tell it to disperse among the internet and off it will go. The paperback is set a little over 400 pages; I have a feeling the digital will sell more. That seems to be the way of things these days. In any case, I've been working on it for some time and I'm as excited as I am nervous. I'll announce the actual release soon--hopefully some will give this urban fantasy/horror story a shot.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Once I have more money on me, I'll be sure to get a hard copy of it. :)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Thanks, Nick. Should be around by October 2.

Looking forward to news on your stuff too.

evilmike

evilmike

Quotemaster: Way to go. Congratulations.

Nick: Way to derail a thread. You should be ashamed.

The proper response is:

Did the First thread teach you nothing? ;)

Gusto

Gusto

Man I like dat cover art. And the premise intrigues me!

Jay

Jay

I've mentioned this a little here and there on the forums, and a bunch on my website, but since the release will be soon, it's time to show it here:

Logline: A troubled orphan gets transferred to a nightmarish valley after one more fight than her orphanage benefactors can handle. Her caretakers always told her that monsters don't exist. They were wrong.

Novel will be on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and some other places within the next couple weeks. It's pretty much ready to go; I just have to tell it to disperse among the internet and off it will go. The paperback is set a little over 400 pages; I have a feeling the digital will sell more. That seems to be the way of things these days. In any case, I've been working on it for some time and I'm as excited as I am nervous. I'll announce the actual release soon--hopefully some will give this urban fantasy/horror story a shot.
FFS I just ordered a whole bunch of books with my new and improved American mule.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It brightened my day seeing all those alerts. Thanks for the support, people :).

Man I like dat cover art. And the premise intrigues me!
Julie came up with the design, though we hired a friend to do the art itself.

FFS I just ordered a whole bunch of books with my new and improved American mule.
New? Maybe. Improved? No. If you hadn't noticed, we Americans are all equal.

We can actually start doing that again now that we have money and I'm no longer working weekends.

Jay

Jay

Enough money for a new PC? :)

Do post the Amazon link though, I'll wish list it.

Dave

Dave

Nice job! Not sure how I missed this but well done!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Enough money for a new PC? :)

Do post the Amazon link though, I'll wish list it.
I did get a new PC :p. If I wasn't going out of town this weekend I'd be up for L4D2.

And I'll post the Amazon link when it's up.

Jay

Jay

That's... amazing news! :)

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Rock on Quotemander, gettin yourself out there!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

It sounds interesting... I'll be picking this up when it's all said and done.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Thanks guys!

Almost there!

Bowielee

Bowielee

That cover does look kickass.

Jay

Jay

Honestly though... it's cool as fuck that you'rte getting a book out... heck... it's been what... 2-3 of you who did.

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US NOW ONCE YOU HIT THE BIG TIME LIKE THAT OTHER DUDE.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I still don't know WTF was up with that.

drifter

drifter

I think he disagreed in principle with the bannination, and so left for unfettered pastures. I believe he alluded to this in previous forum drama threads, although I may be misremembering.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think he disagreed in principle with the bannination, and so left for unfettered pastures. I believe he alluded to this in previous forum drama threads, although I may be misremembering.
That's not the impression I got from that. Of course, if that is the reason, he wasn't the only one to vanish in the aftermath. :/

drifter

drifter

What's your take? As far as I know, Tin up and left with nary a whisper.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Maybe he didn't want to be associated with us. It's one thing to leave; it's another to purge all your posts.

Jay

Jay

I believe he deleted his account because he mentioned his book here and something something with publisher was major no no.

drifter

drifter

He was self-publishing, and his blog has all the same stuff that he had in the deleted thread.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I believe he deleted his account because he mentioned his book here and something something with publisher was major no no.
I think you're mixing it up with when Nick's publisher didn't want him mentioning his book yet, so Dave got rid of that thread.

Jay

Jay

You writers all look the same.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Oy! I look nothing like Tin.

I can't grow an awesome, manly beard. :(

Dave

Dave

Just went to buy it on Amazon but no dice. You don't exist. I did buy my friend, Mark's, book though.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Just went to buy it on Amazon but no dice. You don't exist. I did buy my friend, Mark's, book though.
Should be around by October 2.
:p

Actually it'll be more like the end of this week, but that's my official "announcing it" day.

Dave

Dave

Love your bio, dude!

Oh, and....

Amazon product

strawman

strawman

One! One kindle book purchase, ah! ah! ah!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Love your bio, dude!
Parts of it are truer than I'll ever admit.

One! One kindle book purchase, ah! ah! ah!
Thanks, man! Much appreciated.

...don't read any of this one to the kids though. Not for a while. Trust me.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It is officially out now. Check it in paperback on Amazon, or for download through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

And here's a big fat post about it on the blog.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone, and I hope those who get the book enjoy it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

While I've been out of commission at home, a big box of books arrived!

Two are reserved, but I'll be taking a stack (along with fairy tale books) to the OHF thing ... might need to put them in someone's trunk since I don't know if I can be lugging a suitcase full of books through the DC metro system. But anyway. Books! Books are good.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Some of the craziness of the last few months has died down (though I see more on the horizon), and for the moment I have some time to work on promoting the book. It's gotten sales, but not a huge amount, likely because I've not been doing anything to tell anyone about it.

So, I'm considering asking people to do reviews; I'd give a free digital copy and they'd write a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads, or anywhere else they feel like it. I might even ask around here. Only thing is, I know a couple people (like steinman) already bought the book, so I don't know how to weigh that aside from offering him and anyone else who already paid for it a free ebook of a future novel. Not sure where else to go with asking for this kind of thing though.

strawman

strawman

I appreciate the thought, but I don't need to be reimbursed. I haven't left a review because I haven't finished the book. I read a good chunk of it when it came out, but it didn't grab me and glue me to the pages, and unfortunately I've got too many demands on my time so that if a book isn't wildly compelling I'm not going to finish it.

Better to be a good book and not be compelling than the reverse though. I recently read a book that I couldn't put down, but was so bad I had to leave a review. I actually felt better once I got there because I apparently wasn't the only one who though it was poorly written.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oh, I'm not expecting a review out of anyone who bought the book already; I just figured it would be fair since I hadn't made that offer in the first place before anyone bought it.