Fallen Empire (my band)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see it on Itunes but it won't let me buy it because it's "not available in the belgian store".

motherfuckers.

Same here. There it is in the Canadian store, but when I click it, it's not available in the Canadain store :Leyla:

I'll try again this evening when I get home from work.

Yeah, it's like that for the US store too. However it did let me buy it if I clicked the buy button, it just won't let me go to the artist page. When I spoke with the distobutioj folks earlier yesterday they said I could take up to a month before iTunes even has it so hopefully later today it will be all good this afternoon. I'm gonna fall them and let you guys know when I get off work.

got it. I'm proud to know that i'll be among the first that helped send you on a path of sex, drugs and rock and roll. or something.

LOL, thanks man. So here's the deal: Looks like the CDBaby folks and itunes people messed up and it's more expensive than I wanted it to be. So if you download it via iTunes shoot me a message on here or Facebook or Myspace and I am putting together a little digital package of art and an extra song as a thank you.
You hear that people??? FREE STUFF!

the price is not a big deal

you can find me on facebook, i'm the dude with gigantic loudspeakers in his profile picture ;)

Here is the full post from the AOTM thread:
BUMP! Just wanted to let everyone know that the EP is now LIVE!

You can buy it here at iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-world-glow-ep/id353730689
Or here at CDBaby: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/FallenEmpire

Now here is the deal. It's dirt cheap at CDBaby, .99 cents for the whole thing (how awesomely cheap is that?), however, they aren't as sophisticated as iTunes so you have to add the artwork that comes in the zip file yourself once you have added it to your music player.

So, as a little bonus for those who choose to use iTunes, since they priced it higher than I had intended (.99 per song instead of 69 per song, the cheapest it will allow), Fallen Empire is putting together a thank you gift of digital art and a bonus track! Which track? Well, I ain't saying but theres a good chance by giving it away I'm gonna make a Monkee out of myself...
Just send us a message here or on Facebook or Myspace so we can send you a link to download the gift!

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

the price is not a big deal

you can find me on facebook, i'm the dude with gigantic loudspeakers in his profile picture ;)
I'm gonna put you on the list for the gift download. Thanks man, I'm super excited about this, especially since we finally found a drummer and are going to start practicing as a full band soon!

Just bought the album off iTunes. Congrats, Espy! I hope this really takes off for you guys.

P.S. If you ever do a show in St. John's, Newfoundland :)durr:) I promise you that I will guilt twenty of my closest friends into coming.

Just bought the album off iTunes. Congrats, Espy! I hope this really takes off for you guys.

P.S. If you ever do a show in St. John's, Newfoundland :)durr:) I promise you that I will guilt twenty of my closest friends into coming.
Thanks! I'll add your name to people who are getting the digital download. If you guys can pm me your email addresses thats how I'm going to deliver it.

Dave

Staff member
If you need my email address there's something wrong with you.

So how are sales? Better or worse than expected?

If you need my email address there's something wrong with you.

So how are sales? Better or worse than expected?
Do I have it? I guess I might on facebooker or something. I need it so I can sen that cool digital gift (extra song and stuff man!)
I won't really know much about sales for awhile. I don't know when they send me tracking report. To be honest, I'm not really concerned with the sales right now, although I appreciate them and think you guys are super cool for being so supportive, but really it's more about creating that web presence, you know? Especially when we start playing live we can have people go right to iTunes and get the cd, etc. I'm setting up a cafe press shop right now for merch. Youve been happy with there stuff right?

Dave

Staff member
Just Tweeted you and will put it on my Facebook page where my 250+ Mafia can see it.

Damn, you guys are way to nice. Also, I do wanna hear your thoughts on Cafe Press... are they worth going through?

Dave

Staff member
Shit's expensive to buy through there and if you set even a modest profit it gets ridiculous.

But they are easy to use.

Shit's expensive to buy through there and if you set even a modest profit it gets ridiculous.

But they are easy to use.
Hmmm. Maybe tomorrow I'll ask around on here and see if people have any better suggestions.

So we had our first practice tonight, got our gear set up in our new space, and then we jammed to NIN's The Hand that Feeds.

Whoa.

It was awesome. The guys were really tight for never having played together. They really tore the song up. We were all surprised and really happy with how quickly we gelled. Big things to come.

so, the ipod is connected to my car and last night in a random playlist, a fly to honey comes up... there were 2 friends of mine in the car who went something like that: Dude, what's this, is it another of your NiN bootlegs or something?

Ha! Awesome. I had someone I don't know post on our facebook page that "Desperate Horses is like Alice in Chains and early Marilyn Manson had a demon baby" How cool is that?

Thanks for the purchases from all of you! Couple quick updates here:
First: Believer: We are waiting to send it out to folks, mainly because, as of right now I am finally in contact with Sony and looks like we will have the rights VERY SOON.
Second: We are playing our first live show in 2 weeks. Here is the little promo I made for it:

I don't believe you have to install anything for CDBaby, at least when I test bought our album I didn't have too. I believe you just give them your 99cents and then they give you a download link. The album is also on Amazon.com and it should be on most other websites you can buy and download music.

Stolen from the Epic Win Thread:

So the show was a big success!
Even though we were the first band to play the place had already packed out pretty good, I'd say about a 1/3 there for us, 1/3 there for the second band and a 1/3 their for the last band, which for our first show is a pretty damn good turn out.

So we start with an instrumental number, "The Echo" and as we finished it up I turned around to look at the drummer, and he's making a giant "OH SHIT" face. I mouth "what happened?" and he points at the top of his high hat, which has totally split and inverted itself! So, the music is still going and one of the guys in the later bands runs over and asks whats up (later he said he saw our drummers face and knew something was wrong). I tell him and he grabs his high hat and throws it to me and I pass it back to the drummer.
We forge on and no one notices since the song bled right into the long guitar intro for the next song.

Right about the time we hit our third song the floor, already crowded, is just packed almost right up to the stage, and we start to hear lots of clapping and yelling during the breaks between songs. After we wrap up the World Glow people are starting to move and we get a couple "Fuck yeah!"s, which just feels great.
So we storm into our last song, "I'm a Believer" and when we hit that dance beat on the chorus people are really starting to move, so it's a real shame that it's our last tune but we sure as hell left them wanting more.

Some of the feedback we got that was really great to hear:
The other bands had no idea this was our first show, they were stunned when they found out.
A guy told one of my friends "Man, usually the first band really sucks but these guys are REALLY good!"
and lots of other nice stuff was said to us, etc. Got some good critical feedback as well, which is really helpful, but all in all it was a really, really damn good night.

Man, I just wanted to compliment your sound quality... the mix sounds really tight and your vocals are really really nice sounding. I do agree with Chaz in that real drums would sound better on some songs (though the tracked drums sound perfect in others).

I'm more into metal myself but I think I may pick your album up just for your sweet instrumentals. Seriously dude... keep up the good work!

Thanks Azure and Ame! I wish we had had the resources (and at the time a real drummer) to do live drum recording, even though it still would have probably been about 50/50 live/generated beats. If anyone is on the fence about buying it from iTunes remember it's only 99cents for the whole damn EP on cdbaby! We like cheap around here.
A Fly to Honey is still one of my top faves Ame, although it's proving to be the hardest to reproduce live. We are opening our shows with The Echo (http://soundcloud.com/fallenempire/the-echo), which is turning out to be quite a crowd pleaser.

I just bought it through iTunes... now to drive around in my supercharged Prelude blasting it loud as hell pretending I'm young again :).

If I were closer I'd play the drums for you! Good luck with everything though... I'll keep following your progress with great interest.

Well at the time we recorded we didn't have a drummer, but more importantly we didn't have a way to mic a drummer even if we had had one. We have a drummer now, but we will have to pay to get a mic rig to record anything and that costs moola. Our live drummer is great, but dude needs a better drum set, thats for sure. It's not that bad but he really wants something bigger and better.

I hear ya... mic'ing a drum kit sucks and takes a lot of specialized high quality microphones to produce a good end result. This thread is totally making me wish I still had a band to play with... I miss playing.

What software do you do your recording and tracking in?

Status
Not open for further replies.