Fadebruary - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
So pretty... but her boobs are kind of small.

Really, though Fade, very nice. I like the fancy bun.

C

CogNoman

Howdy Fade! No clue if you remember me, but I did the Feb Challenge with you before way back on Sketch Tavern. When Fennewalde showed me this forum and I saw your comic had its own section, I pretty much knew instantly how Fenn had found this place, heh. Via you. So yeah - thanks for indirectly setting this February-thing up with your chaos theory machinations. Lookin' forward to the rest of the month!

looking forward to seeing more sketchtavern reunion tours.

Just like beggars canyon back home. But seriously, i don't care if you can shoot a womp rat in your T-16 back home. Just post more images!

fade

Staff member
ROBOT JUSTICE LEAGUE vs. THE US ARMY!!!

Added at: 03:13
Get it? GET IT?

*cough*

*crickets*

It's a league tall?
(I think that might be the only one I'm missing)

(alternate title: "Run! It's the giant robot Strom Thurman!")

--Patrick

i could see this image earlier and can't now for some reason. I will comment on what i remember. Nice job including multiple figures (2 army guys?) and nice perspective on the robot. I don't know the scope you were going for but you could've pushed the shapes to make it more gargantuan. Lovin all the details on the bot! (from what i can remember)(and i remember loving them)

B

Biannoshufu

I like it but dammit are you smudging the paper on purpose or are you just lazy??

/rant

C

CogNoman

It's a league tall?
Haha. The U.S. Army vs the "Imperial Measurement System" could make a neat high-concept story.

And I'm gonna go with Bumble, heh. I believe he's "throwing the book at 'em". Made me think a bit for that one - I likey.

*...err...I'm assuming "leagues" are imperial.

fade

Staff member
Wow you guys are smart. I just meant he's an actual "justice". See the powdered wig and gavel? He IS throwing the book at them, though.

I don't smudge the paper on purpose. I don't know how to draw without putting my hand on the paper.

fade

Staff member
On the other hand, not a single straightedge or compass was used. All eyeballed. Er...though maybe that's obvious.

When I was taught to draw comics as a little kid, the teacher always told us to have a small piece of paper under our hand, to not smudge the paper, and to always try to draw from left to right (or, if left handed, from right to left)

fade

Staff member
I'll have to try that trick. One day, I'll take an art class. I need to. Need some basics.
Added at: 15:48
Both of these were sketched in 4H, and then finished in good ol' HB (#2).

fade

Staff member
Eh, I thought this looked better until I scanned it in. Oh well, better luck tomorrow.

Added at: 02:46
20 min

fade

Staff member
I'll admit the needy artist in me was hoping for more feedback on that last one. I thought it was kind of cool.

Here's one for Feb. 5. It's not really a drawing, and it's a paid job, but I did make it yesterday. Hope it counts. Fondant "sculptures" of Dora the Explorer, Boots, a cake, and the Map. Edible cake toppers. Probably about 45 min - 1 hour for all three. It was one episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.

It is cool, but honestly I've seen it done before, so it didn't really have that much of an impact. I think if you varied type sizes to approximate line weights, it would have made it much stronger.

fade

Staff member
I know we've all seen pictures made out of text before. The idea behind the picture was actually exactly the opposite: be convincing without resorting to changing the typeface much. I originally even wanted to keep it all as horizontal as possible, but I thought that damaged the readability.

Oh, I see that now, although in that case, IMO you have to take an all or nothing approach. I feel like the areas where you distorted the text kind of undermines the point, and leaves you in an in-between area that can be read as not pushing far enough.

B

Biannoshufu

I'll admit the needy artist in me was hoping for more feedback on that last one. I thought it was kind of cool.
as a art director I've seen alot of typographic art. Like

So my brain flipped the switch, and I found myself applying typographer's standards to it. If you redid this, and made sure the craft was polished, it might be impressive, but it didn't strike me as your other work does.

Status
Not open for further replies.