*face palm* Cat vs Mailman

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I have an older, cranky barncat named Tigger who, while we're away at the office, roams around outside and generally sleeps on the cement out front of our front door. Typically when we drive into our driveway, he hops up and starts meowing incessantly to greet us. Today was no exception; I turned the Jeep into the driveway and he saw us and dashed across the front lawn to greet us (Prompting me to slow down to make sure I didn't run him over).

We settled down into our post-work routine, me at the computer, the wife cooking something, and there was a ring at the door. Our friendly neighbour had come by to explain something that had occurred while we were at work.

We get door to door mail delivery. The cat sits on our front step. The mailman, apparently, was bitten and scratched by the cat and was so upset that he proceeded to tell each neighbor down the block about the cat attacking him viciously and that Canada Post will no longer be delivering mail to our street because of this.

:facepalm:

My wife is a little embarassed. I'm laughing my ass off and am anxiously awaiting the cancellation of our mail services.

Oh I used to dream of getting front door delivery. I have to use a box only a mile from my house.

But Canada Post isn't all bad, they changed are box numbers, and even told they had with a convenient flyer located in our new box location.

HCGLNS said:
But Canada Post isn't all bad, they changed are box numbers, and even told they had with a convenient flyer located in our new box location.
I am having trouble deciphering this.

He's saying that his mailbox is a mile away from his house and the number/location was unexpectedly changed on him. The notice that this was happening was delivered to the new location instead of the old one.

General Specific said:
He's saying that his mailbox is a mile away from his house and the number/location was unexpectedly changed on him. The notice that this was happening was delivered to the new location instead of the old one.
Ooh. that makes sense now.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Rob King said:
HCGLNS said:
I am having trouble deciphering this.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? :Leyla:

Man that was some fine gibberish. :facepalm: Sadly it was just age and exhaustion and not alcohol infused confustion.

What is wrong with you people? The first post is about a CAT! The most interesting subject on the internet. And you still manage to derail the thread. :humph:

HCGLNS said:
Man that was some fine gibberish. :facepalm: Sadly it was just age and exhaustion and not alcohol infused confustion.
Not going to lie, it reminded me of this:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U:vubmm67v][/youtube:vubmm67v]

I think said mailman tried to pet the cat. Cats aren't like dogs - they rarely attack people unless cornered and reaching out your hand while the cat was sitting on the porch may have been enough. Otherwise, how the hell could a cat do much biting? Was he a midget or something ?

He could have accidentally stepped on its tail. I've seen the nicest of cats do horrible things to human legs after that.

Dude, go to Turkey... try approaching the strays... i think you'll no longer think cats as anything but vicious monsters... adorably huggable vicious monsters...

@Li3n said:
Dude, go to Turkey... try approaching the strays... i think you'll no longer think cats as anything but vicious monsters... adorably huggable vicious monsters...
Those are wild cats though who shun all human life and even they will not attack but will run away unless you encroach on their private spot. We once had a wild cat come into our house to eat (we had other cats) and it took us a while but we managed to make it approach us but before that, it would hiss and claw if we tried to pet it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.