Export thread

Eve Online

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It's time to try this game again. I played this game for a few months about a year ago, and eventually moved on without ever learning what the fuck I was doing. This will probably happen again, but FTL has given me that suicidal space itch that just needs to be scratched.

I'll probably be making a new trial account, and I know some people here still play. Who wants to send me a trial link?

David

David

I sometimes do get the urge to clean the space-dust off my account, but I have no income. I might give Dust a try since it's free to play. How does the connection work between the two games? Can players communicate or join corps across them?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I sometimes do get the urge to clean the space-dust off my account, but I have no income. I might give Dust a try since it's free to play. How does the connection work between the two games? Can players communicate or join corps across them?
I dunno. It's only on PS3, so I'm not very interested in it.

David

David

Found sort of an answer on the website

So how do I interact with EVE players?
Initially, DUST 514 mercenaries will be able to join EVE Online players to participate in factional warfare happening at the contested boundaries between the large EVE Universe empires. By working in unison, players will be able to fight critical battles that can swing the sovereignty of the system and thus influence the large scale strategic balance. EVE players can directly affect the outcome of these critical ground battles by bombarding the opposing faction from space. The tables can always be turned however, as DUST 514 players are able to use weapons from the ground to deal damage to spacecraft above.
The EVE Universe is all about power, domination and control of space. Players in DUST 514 and EVE Online will work with and against each other to wage battles, conquer territories, amass wealth, and build empires.
So there is some sort of communication system for Dust-Eve player cooperation, but I don't know if it can work through direct in-game chat or through contracts

Jay

Jay

Peo has gameitis. Don't fall for it.

"Hey Jay, we'll play again tomorrow."

LIES.

Necronic

Necronic

I still play (or I got back from a break), but I'm not sure there's much I can do to help new players. If you get serious I can send you some cash, but that cash either never makes it's way back to me or the person quits, or both. So...even then....probably not.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I still play (or I got back from a break), but I'm not sure there's much I can do to help new players. If you get serious I can send you some cash, but that cash either never makes it's way back to me or the person quits, or both. So...even then....probably not.
I don't need cash. On my first day I've mined up 5 million isk, though maybe that's not a lot. It's plenty for me at this point, though.

It's a lot smoother this time around for me. I'm not (as) lost, and I'm enjoying it. Already upgraded from a trial account.

Shakey

Shakey

Hey, I paid you back!

I'm not playing anymore though...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Viktor Ilyich, if anyone wants to hit me up in game.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So, the new Eve Online expansion, Retribution, hits tomorrow. Don't suppose anyone would want to give it a try? :p

Can you say no to this face?

Shakey

Shakey

So, the new Eve Online expansion, Retribution, hits tomorrow. Don't suppose anyone would want to give it a try? :p

Can you say no to this face?
Dave ? Is that you?

I kind of want to play, but I don't have the time right now. Maybe if they send me a good deal on resubbing I'll check it out again.

Dave

Dave

:confused:

That does look like me, doesn't it?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

:confused:

That does look like me, doesn't it?

David

David

I've been accepted into the Dust 541 beta but haven't had a chance to try it out yet, totally missed a server stress test event over the weekend :(

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I've been accepted into the Dust 541 beta but haven't had a chance to try it out yet, totally missed a server stress test event over the weekend :(
I was invited, but haven't tried it. I really wish they'd release it for pc.

Terrik

Terrik

I've suddenly started seeing commercials for this game all over Shanghai in the past month. I guess they're really branching otu.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Man, I keep saying I'm going to come back. Then I remind myself how little I ended up doing outside of EvE while I was playing EvE, and change my mind again.

Shakey

Shakey

Mah god. What did they do to Sansha rats. Apparently to do the Amarr Epic Arc you now have to fly a non-Amarr ship. The first combat mission of the arc had 6 rats tossing tracking disruption on me before I could even target them. When they quit disrupting me, the hit to my tracking still stays. :Leyla:

Man, I keep saying I'm going to come back. Then I remind myself how little I ended up doing outside of EvE while I was playing EvE, and change my mind again.
Eve for me has been the easiest to not play. You level outside of the game through skill points, so I don't feel the need to grind anything. I haven't been able to play much of anything lately, so I just fired this up.

Necronic

Necronic

So I've finally started playing a bit more again. It's funny, I was in a PL training corp for the better part of a year, playing fanatically, and then as soon as I got into PL I basically quit playing. But, I'm more or less back now. Did some secret santa stuff over the break with my alliance. Got a macharial with a bunch of faction fittings. Was a pretty cool gift, but then I ended up spending like 4 bil on my gifts so I feel I may have come out on bottom a bit.....

Shakey

Shakey

Dust is going to be migrated to the live servers on Thursday. This should be interesting.

4 bil... One of these days I need to figure out how to actually make money in this game. I'm lazy and don't have much time to put into it though, so I'll continue to be poor.

Shakey

Shakey

I got incredibly frustrated with the PVE changes, so in a fit of drunken rage I suicided my napoc in a mission to force myself into doing something different. That was an expensive explosion...

I joined RvB after that and have been having a blast. Some nights are slow and nothing happens, some nights I get my ass handed to me, and some nights I have an absolute blast and blow a ton of shit up. Overall its a great time. No one takes it too seriously, we're all out to enjoy seeing space explosions. Too bad there's no easy way to make isk while doing it.

I'm thinking after I've put in a month in RvB I'll try to find a FW Corp and give that a go. I need to start making the iskies again.

Shakey

Shakey

I'll quit talking to myself after this. I just saw this video and it has got to be my favorite eve video. It's a bit long, but worth it. Great build up, and the fight at the end is nuts. I love how well the FC held everyone together during it. If I had more time and dedication, I'd love to make my way out to WH space.

*Oh, and put it full screen at 1080p to make it watchable. Otherwise the overview is a blurry mess.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I think I need to leave EvE University. It was good for learning the basics, but there are too many goddamn rules and limitations.

Shakey

Shakey

I couldn't even get into Eve Uni. They've got their heads way too far up their asses.

What are you looking to do? If you're looking for some low commitment fun pvp, join RvB. I'm in Blue, they seem a bit more mature. I can easily hop on for a few minutes and get into fights right away most of the time.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I couldn't even get into Eve Uni. They've got their heads way too far up their asses.

What are you looking to do? If you're looking for some low commitment fun pvp, join RvB. I'm in Blue, they seem a bit more mature. I can easily hop on for a few minutes and get into fights right away most of the time.
I may have to come join you... When I get over this flu

Shakey

Shakey

I may have to come join you... When I get over this flu
Hop in today! The recruiters might be a bit busy, but they have an event going on right now. Thousands of cheap frigs are available for free for a giant free for all.

http://rvbeve.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3793-mass-event-3-26000-explosions-lets-do-this/

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Hop in today! The recruiters might be a bit busy, but they have an event going on right now. Thousands of cheap frigs are available for free for a giant free for all.

http://rvbeve.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3793-mass-event-3-26000-explosions-lets-do-this/
I'll be around tonight. What's your pilot name?

Shakey

Shakey

Shakey Jonez. I'll try to be on too.
This is nuts, I think they have 30k prefitted ships to burn through. We caught a miner in the system and blew up his Hulk. I was too late for it, but got in on trying to down his Orca. By then Concord had shown up and we were all done for. I don't think he knew what hit him.

Shakey

Shakey

The kill boards are laggy as hell because of this, but I'm pretty sure I'm pushing over 200 kills just today. My box of wine is gone, and I need caffeine asap.
Also found an AFK miner in a Mackinaw, and got in on that kill. My Sec status is taking a bit of a hit today.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Sorry I didn't make it. I've got the flu, and haven't been able to will myself out of bed.

Shakey

Shakey

That's fine. I could only hop in for a few minutes yesterday morning, but I ended up with a little over 300 kill mails. I wasn't even trying to KM whore like some people were. It was a great time. In the end 28,000 frigs were blowed up in two days.

Necronic

Necronic

I got perma-banned from all EvE Uni channels for trolling them with multiple accounts. Was pretty fun.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

EvE UNI has been good to me. They've been really helpful in learning the game, and most importantly learning how to interact with a fleet and do operations. But their need to stay neutral, while perfectly understood, is smothering.

Shakey

Shakey

Just remember, if you do join RvB, there's almost no way to make isk unless you're trading or manufacturing on the side. A lot of pirates will get alts in the corp just to track down corp members who aren't in the main systems. It's a pretty dead giveaway they are missioning or mining.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I make isk by ninja salvaging.

Shakey

Shakey

That's a rough life now. I hear with the new NPC AI salvaging creates more aggro than actually shooting at rats, so people are getting popped pretty quick by npc's doing that. Too bad I'm not missioning anymore, I wasn't even bothering looting or salvaging.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I scan down battleships out in mission complexes, scout the area, and wait until all the npcs are dead and the missioner has moved to the next room

Shakey

Shakey

I just joined up into an Amarr FW guild. Mah god it can be crazy easy to make isk doing this. Kind of boring orbiting a button most of the time though.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I was still new in this forum, but the few I want to share an interesting link game that will make you addicted to this game, because this game is so easy to get money http://www.centplay.com/affiliate/cash_4950/
Oh yeah, this looks legit.

I got all excited for a minute :(

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

So I'm going to try out eve to night when I get off work. Any pointers?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So I'm going to try out eve to night when I get off work. Any pointers?
Be prepared to be confused. It's normal. It only lasts about... about...

Actually, I'm still confused.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Be prepared to be confused. It's normal. It only lasts about... about...

Actually, I'm still confused.
I've played before for like a week it seems like an awesome game I just have trouble getting into it lol it seems to me that all you can do at low levels is mine

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I've played before for like a week it seems like an awesome game I just have trouble getting into it lol it seems to me that all you can do at low levels is mine
Oh, this isn't true at all. You can do combat right from the start, the only thing you'll be limited in is the role you can fill and the ships you can fly. You can also run missions, be a space trucker, explore, be a ninja salvager (really fun, though you don't exactly make a lot of friends this way) all relatively early, I suggest you try a lot of things and find out what you like.

Shakey

Shakey

Missions are good at low levels, and pretty safe. If that's what you want to do long term, make sure you learn the mission related social skills. It will save you a lot of time and isk.

Faction warfare is easy to get into early too, just expect to die a lot until you can fit t2 stuff. All you really need to fly is a basic frig. Minmitar would probably be the easiest on a new player. Just don't be afraid to lose ships.

I've never mined, but it seems horribly boring to me. To each his own though.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I spent the first two weeks of playing building up the skills and isk to be able to fly a mining barge, and after all that time I promptly decided that it was boring as shit and sold it.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I spent the first two weeks of playing building up the skills and isk to be able to fly a mining barge, and after all that time I promptly decided that it was boring as shit and sold it.
I've tried Eve twice I think, and this is what happened both times and then I quit before the trial was up but the game looks awesome so I keep coming back to it to give it a chance.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I've tried Eve twice I think, and this is what happened both times and then I quit before the trial was up but the game looks awesome so I keep coming back to it to give it a chance.
If you want to be eased into things, you can join EVE University. They'll pay for all of your skillbook trainings, and they're also really good at teaching you how to operate in a fleet and follow wartime operations. They area also, however, very very strict, and if you don't like being told what to do then this is not for you.

If you want to do combat, which I highly suggest, you can join faction warfare, or join a wartime corp and help in their operations. Or join Red vs Blue and have fun blowing each other up. Best advice I can give for combat is to fly without fear. Understand that everything you fly is going to get blown up, it's just a matter of when.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

If you want to be eased into things, you can join EVE University. They'll pay for all of your skillbook trainings, and they're also really good at teaching you how to operate in a fleet and follow wartime operations. They area also, however, very very strict, and if you don't like being told what to do then this is not for you.

If you want to do combat, which I highly suggest, you can join faction warfare, or join a wartime corp and help in their operations. Or join Red vs Blue and have fun blowing each other up. Best advice I can give for combat is to fly without fear. Understand that everything you fly is going to get blown up, it's just a matter of when.
That's why you buy insurance and an ejection pod

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That's why you buy insurance and an ejection pod
One thing I do recommend, go to the eve university wiki (google it) and follow their tutorial on how to set up your overview, especially the 'pod saver' overview. What the purpose of the pod saver is to give you the ability to warp out to a destination the moment you get exploded, leaving the enemy no time to lock onto your pod.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I liked mining in EvE. :(

Shakey

Shakey

I liked mining in EvE. :(
How long did you do it for?It just seems like one of those things you do while you're busy doing something else, and it isn't any more profitable than running Lvl 4 missions.

If you're serious about faction warfare, check out this video. It can be a bit boring doing plexes, but it's not too bad. You'll probably need to stick with Rookie sites, Small sites will be doable with better skills. Just remember, your standing will tank with the opposing factions in FW, and you'll be attackable at all times by the opposing faction members even in high sec. You will not be safe anywhere.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

How long did you do it for?It just seems like one of those things you do while you're busy doing something else, and it isn't any more profitable than running Lvl 4 missions.
That's exactly what I liked about it (not the L4 missions part, the while you're doing something else part). And the playing the markets, and moving materials stuff that came with it.

I stopped when I caught myself opening 3rd set of Excel tabs for materials farmed by a my clone in the another part of the galaxy that I could use to calculate profits based on prices of ore in my home system, my clone system, and various local economic hubs.

It just got a bit involved.

Shakey

Shakey

That's exactly what I liked about it (not the L4 missions part, the while you're doing something else part). And the playing the markets, and moving materials stuff that came with it.

I stopped when I caught myself opening 3rd set of Excel tabs for materials farmed by a my clone in the another part of the galaxy that I could use to calculate profits based on prices of ore in my home system, my clone system, and various local economic hubs.

It just got a bit involved.
Ah, I never really got into that stuff. It bores me to death just having to figure out which item in the LP store will get the best return. I just want to hop on and blow shit up, or get blown up.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Ah, I never really got into that stuff. It bores me to death just having to figure out which item in the LP store will get the best return. I just want to hop on and blow shit up, or get blown up.
You should check out Star Conflict on steam. It feels kind of like eve if it were an arcade game.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Don't get me wrong, I liked blowing shit up too, it's just that I found the mining oddly satisfying. It's why I liked the few times we did a wormhole or low-sec mining op when we had an HF corp.

Shakey

Shakey

You should check out Star Conflict on steam. It feels kind of like eve if it were an arcade game.
That looks a bit too restrictive. I like being able to switch around to different activities in Eve. I know I say I hate the market side of things, but the level of player control over everything really makes you feel more involved in the universe.

Don't get me wrong, I liked blowing shit up too, it's just that I found the mining oddly satisfying. It's why I liked the few times we did a wormhole or low-sec mining op when we had an HF corp.
I think people would have enjoyed the game a bit more if we had all tried to join a bigger corp. We could have had a private Hal channel set up so we could chat or plan things on our own, but you really need the backing of a bigger corp to help you learn the ropes and keep you safe.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I think people would have enjoyed the game a bit more if we had all tried to join a bigger corp. We could have had a private Hal channel set up so we could chat or plan things on our own, but you really need the backing of a bigger corp to help you learn the ropes and keep you safe.
I stopped because I was unemployed at the time and was spending all my time playing EVE instead of looking. It was a painful, but necessary separation. :p

Shakey

Shakey

I stopped because I was unemployed at the time and was spending all my time playing EVE instead of looking. It was a painful, but necessary separation. :p
The game can definitely suck up all your time. What I like about it is it can be the complete opposite too. You can "level" your character without playing for long periods of time, and there are plenty of ways to have fun without having tons of isk.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Oh, it was all on me and my lack of self-control, I assure you. ;)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I haven't ready been playing EvE much. LoL and now Hawken way up all of my gaming time, but I can't convince myself to cancel my subscription because skill training!

Shakey

Shakey

Damn they make good trailers.

Frank

Frank

The trailers are awesome. That's a true statement.

David

David

Now that I'm out of school I'm considering rejoining for a month. Grabbing a trial first to see if I stick with it more than a few days. Anyone actively playing? My main character has a mining barge and Ice Harvesting if that's still valuable

Shakey

Shakey

Now that I'm out of school I'm considering rejoining for a month. Grabbing a trial first to see if I stick with it more than a few days. Anyone actively playing? My main character has a mining barge and Ice Harvesting if that's still valuable
I'm not active now, but you may want to look over the changes to mining. I'm not sure the last time you played, but they re-did all the mining barges and gave them different roles.

Necronic

Necronic

Mining is a lot more profitable now iirc. I really want to play, but I can't seem to bring myself. Ah well.

Shakey

Shakey

I'll probably resub fairly soon if you're still playing David, or anyone else.

Shakey

Shakey

Holy crap the new jump gate animation is jarring. Watching it on youtube doesn't do it justice. Basically when you jump it pans the camera around, starts the warp tunnel, drops you into the new system, and then pans the camera around again. The new gates look awesome, and the effect is pretty cool, but after one or two jumps it starts to get to you. Hopefully they'll come up with a way to at least turn off all the automatic camera panning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAOrzQWBifU&feature=player_detailpage#t=134s
[DOUBLEPOST=1372362047][/DOUBLEPOST]Apparently you can't embedd youtube at certain times. Jump to 2:15 for the new jump gate effect.

Shakey

Shakey

So, CCP has been working on this for the Occulus headset...
http://www.pcgamesn.com/eve/eve-valkyrie-impressions-zomg

They're not saying how or if it will link in with Eve Online. It looks pretty amazing though.

Necronic

Necronic

So last night in EvE there was the largest fight ever to take place in the game. 4k players, over 100 titans, etc etc.

Estimated losses in real money based on RMT rates?

.25 MILLION dollars. (I could have said 250k, but the million sounded way cooler.)

This probably breaks all sorts of records for MMOs.

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Market correction."

--Patrick

Shakey

Shakey

I wonder how many of those players were just trying to loot whore or get in on a titan kill mail.

Still pretty crazy when you think of the sheer size of that.

Shakey

Shakey

Apparently CCP is building a monument in Iceland in honor of the game. On it they're going to put the names of all the active characters as of March 1st. http://eve.com/monument

Putting character names on could be a bit of a cash grab, but I think it's pretty cool. Love it or hate it, Eve is one hell of a game, and it is one of the few MMO's where the players hold any real power to shape the game itself.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Yeah so i re-activated my EVE account, so please shoot me now:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yeah so i re-activated my EVE account, so please shoot me now:

Away foul tempter. I've been getting the hankering for doing the same thing, but I will not be tricked!

Shakey

Shakey

Don't you all fucking tempt me!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Quick! Spend all your real-world money so you won't have any for buying ISK!

--Patrick

Shakey

Shakey

There's actually no real need to buy isk in the game any more. Faction warfar can be done on a character that is a couple weeks old, and provides all the isk you need. You do need to be willing to be at war all the time with everyone though, even your own faction.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Yeah been back in a couple of days and once again completely lost, other than doing some mining and buying/selling, zzzz, remember hearing about Faction Warfare but no idea what it is or how to participate in it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Yeah been back in a couple of days and once again completely lost, other than doing some mining and buying/selling, zzzz, remember hearing about Faction Warfare but no idea what it is or how to participate in it.
I think you just join your faction's navy? I did it before I quit, and it was pretty fun.

Shakey

Shakey

Try to find a FW corp that's active and willing to help teach you. There's a section in the Eve forums for corp recruitment, there's usually plenty floating around in there.

A couple things to keep in mind.
  • You will be a fair target for all opposing factions. They will be able to shoot you in high sec without any consequences.
  • You will lose standing with the opposing faction pretty quick. Once it's bad enough you will get shot at by NPC's in those factions territories.
  • You will lose your ship. Get over the idea that losing your ship is the worst thing that could happen, and you'll have a lot more fun. They were built to be blown up.

I haven't watched all of it, but here's a video about it. It's pretty much the same for any faction.

Shakey

Shakey

If anyone is interested in trying it out again, if you've been inactive for 6 months or more you can get 9 days free to try it out. I'm going to give it a try again, but haven't been active long enough to use the one @rac3r_x sent me. So if you're interested you can ask either of us and we can get you a link.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Actually it is a public if i read the fine print right, anyone can use it

https://secure.eveonline.com/RecallProgram/?invc=c8663b80-4d6f-4065-bf69-5db618aa984f&type=share

If not let me know.

Shakey

Shakey

Eve is going free to play! :aaah:

Sort of. Unpaid accounts have access to a limited set of skills and slower training. Paid accounts still act as they always did.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Eve is going free to play! :aaah:

Sort of. Unpaid accounts have access to a limited set of skills and slower training. Paid accounts still act as they always did.
That's a really good idea, and will probably get more people into the game to give it a try.

Shakey

Shakey

It's been some time since I played, but I know faction warfare with frigs was a decent money maker. If it's still a sustainable option this is definitely a good way to get more people in.

It's not the most glorious option, but if you want to fly the shinies you can pay.

Dave

Dave

Why do they even allow you to create multiple characters? It's stupid. I mean, to train, you need to pay to have multiple characters train at the same time, yet it's cheaper to just start a new account - $15 instead of $20. My main character is sitting in low sec space, so I thought I'd go through the tutorial of a new character to relearn how to play and maneuver. But I can't unless I cancel my old account or buy a whole new one. Makes me want to stop trying.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I let myself be talked in to starting a new account again. I scorched-earth my old character, so I'd have had to start from scratch, anyway.

Cohortes Aylkarron is lurking somewhere near the Gallente starting area, simply leveling skills right now. I don't have so much time to explore and improve, every day - just one night a week is for gaming, and much of that is tied up on botegaem.

But EVE is proving to be as much of a pleasant distraction as ever. I don't think I'm ever going to be truly competitive in it, but it's fun.

Dave

Dave

You should look me up, man. I, too, am Gallente with my new toon. I'm thinking of going scorched earth with my old character, but he's got a pretty decent amount of stuff an he's trained more skills. It's the skill levels I'd hate to lose.

Shakey

Shakey

I've been thinking of hopping on again and doing some pve stuff. But I'm Amarr, so :thumbsdown:

Dave

Dave

I really hope your character's name is Juan. Because once you've seen Juan, you've seen Amarr.

Shakey

Shakey

:rimshot:

Ok, I'll give you that. That was pretty good.

Dave

Dave

I want to make an Amarr character now just for that joke.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I want to make an Amarr character now just for that joke.
I'm pretty sure you and your clones would be purged for that.

Or at least they should.

Dave

Dave

You gotta catch me first. Of course, it would be a new toon so really easy to catch, but I digress.

Shakey

Shakey

You could die a million glorious deaths. And make that joke each time.

Dave

Dave

Well, I joined my first Corp that wasn't Halcorp. The Cro-Magnons! It took me almost an hour in my slow ship to get from the starting point to their HighSec base and most of it was through space that was 0.3 and 0.2. I got painted a couple of times but always managed to escape thanks to NEVER USING AUTOPILOT!

Then I mined for a while with a couple of cruisers chasing me, but they never caught me because I never - ever - mine AFK.

All in all a good night and I'm glad I picked it back up.

Might just let my WoW suffer again.

Dave

Dave

You know, I'm actually enjoying the game a LOT more now than I ever did before. Not sure what changed.

And I looked at my old guy today now that I've regained some of the knowledge I'd forgotten and holy crap! He's got a cruiser and is very close to being able to pilot a Hulk! I had no idea I'd put that much time into him! But he's got shit scattered all over the galaxy. I mean, ships everywhere and just stuff. I wish you could email stuff like you can in WoW so I could consolidate. But damn.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

You guys almost make me want to pull out my old character. I think he's got a hulk and I know he's got a super tricked out CNR I spent a lot of isk on.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Well, I joined my first Corp that wasn't Halcorp. The Cro-Magnons! It took me almost an hour in my slow ship to get from the starting point to their HighSec base and most of it was through space that was 0.3 and 0.2. I got painted a couple of times but always managed to escape thanks to NEVER USING AUTOPILOT!

Then I mined for a while with a couple of cruisers chasing me, but they never caught me because I never - ever - mine AFK.

All in all a good night and I'm glad I picked it back up.

Might just let my WoW suffer again.
Find a nulsec corp. Fly out into nulsec. Never come back. It's a whole new game.

Dave

Dave

Was mining tonight in a fairly good spot (mother fucker do I love drones!) and talking to people. This new guy asks if anyone could spot him 2.5M ISK to buy a fit for his rig. Someone took offense to that and instead of just saying no through a 100M bounty on the dude - whose account was only a few days old. The guy complained about it in general chat and people just started piling on. By the time he rage quit the bounty was at 999,999,999. Pretty sure that's a max or it would have topped a billion.

It was far and away the funniest thing I've seen on an MMO. The guy kept complaining and people kept piling on.

I have a bounty of 100K on me because I was switching stations and flying a Retriever through low- & nul-sec space. A couple of cruisers and three freighters from Syndicate tried to light me up but I was well away. Instead of just letting it go, they bountied my ass. See you next time, boys!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

If you don't have at least some bounty on you, you're doing it wrong

Shakey

Shakey

Still trying to decide what I want to do in game. I was thinking of going back to faction warfare, but it looks like the lvl 4 missions can't be done with a stealth bomber any more. :([DOUBLEPOST=1489576354,1489576233][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe I'll check out rvb again and supplement it with missions.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Was mining tonight in a fairly good spot (mother fucker do I love drones!) and talking to people. This new guy asks if anyone could spot him 2.5M ISK to buy a fit for his rig. Someone took offense to that and instead of just saying no through a 100M bounty on the dude - whose account was only a few days old. The guy complained about it in general chat and people just started piling on. By the time he rage quit the bounty was at 999,999,999. Pretty sure that's a max or it would have topped a billion.
Could you arrange with him to collect the bounty, then split it with him later?

Dave

Dave

Could you arrange with him to collect the bounty, then split it with him later?
I asked that very question. Apparently bounties don't work that way. You get 20% of the amount based on the value of the ship blowed up. And since he drives shit ships, it really won't affect him that much. Of course, if he starts buying more expensive stuff he'll have to look over his shoulder a lot.

And I had a funny thing happen to me. That 33 jump through low/null sec to get my stuff to the new station? Yeah, I have 2 characters. The first is already in the corp and I brought the second guy to the station. I asked for an invite to the corp but the recruiting players were busy. This guy named Ted talked to me a while and then told me to "be patient". That was pretty late at night so I logged off.

Yesterday I got back on and was mining in 0.4 space and watching local like a hawk. Only other person in the system was Ted - the guy I talked to the night before. He swooped in to say hi...so I thought. Blew my ass up. By the time I even realized he was going hostile it was too late for me. I pod-jumped and made it back to the corp base, then messaged him in general. He had forgotten who I was. He felt terrible and gave me enough to cover my expenses (even though I told him it was unnecessary - I was insured) and got one of the recruiters to send me an invite. I made another ship just like it and named it "Ted's New Target".

tl;dr: Applied to corp. Was told to wait until the next day. Killed by the very guy who told me to be patient. Hilarity ensued.

Dave

Dave

So remember when I said that Ted put it right with me? I had no fucking clue. I got back to base tonight and there was a message. He'd sent me a contract.

He gave me a Hulk.

:eek:

Dave

Dave

In 16 days I'll be able to use it. In 20 more it'll be fitted the way I want.

Dave

Dave

Tonight we were mining in low sec about 9 jumps from our stronghold when a warring faction shows up. We scatter and they get NOBODY. But they have a pretty sizable fleet with mostly fast movers, looking to gank our miners and haulers. I had a Procurer (medium sized slow mining ship) stuck and after a quick scouting report decided to try and make it back. The fourth jump lands me in the middle of all 7 of them camping the gate. Or at least I thought so. They must have just gotten there because it seemed to surprise them. I hit the gate again but they'd warp disrupted me. I knew I was toast. But they were still 30 km away - closing fast but not there yet. I was getting closer to the gate but with the disruptor on I was going nowhere. They were just starting to paint me up when the warp disruptor disappeared and I jetted out and then beat feet to the nearest station.

I'm now changed the name of that ship to "The Gingerbread Man".

Dave

Dave

All right, capsuleers! I have a question about jump clones & implants.

I will finish training Cybernetics tonight at 11 pm. At that time I will be able to fit my 5 brand-spanking new implants that give a +4 to each attribute. I want to reduce my training times. So far so good, right?

The person helping me online said, "Be sure you put this in your jump clone so you won't lose them if you get podded."

I was under the assumption that if you had implants in a clone it did nothing unless it was the active body you were in. Am I incorrect? Can I put them in a body and somehow get the benefits of them without risk of losing them? That doesn't seem right to me.

Thoughts?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

All right, capsuleers! I have a question about jump clones & implants.

I will finish training Cybernetics tonight at 11 pm. At that time I will be able to fit my 5 brand-spanking new implants that give a +4 to each attribute. I want to reduce my training times. So far so good, right?

The person helping me online said, "Be sure you put this in your jump clone so you won't lose them if you get podded."

I was under the assumption that if you had implants in a clone it did nothing unless it was the active body you were in. Am I incorrect? Can I put them in a body and somehow get the benefits of them without risk of losing them? That doesn't seem right to me.

Thoughts?
Most of your training time is done while you are offline. If you put them in your jump clone, and then jump to that clone before you log off, you gain the benefit of all those bonuses during the bulk of your training time, when you aren't playing.

Dave

Dave

But you can only jump once every 24 hours, yes? So I can use it like once every other day. So keep my +4 burning when I know I'm going to be offline for a day or two and like +2 or +3 when I'm tooling around possibly getting all 'splodey.

Dave

Dave

I got my first real PvP kill last night. Guy was a WT (war target) and jumped into our home system. He then tried to jump a miner. Half of us went to one gate and half went to the other. He jumped to our gate. I still only have Tech I stuff and I had just purchased the caracal so it was cobbled together with stuff I had laying around. We tried to pod him, but we couldn't get a lock quickly enough.

My skill training is now starting to allow me to get Tech II stuff (slowly but surely) and I have a little over a billion ISK. Time to start hunting.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/61461690/

PatrThom

PatrThom

Buncha stuff happened yesterday, losing some people trillions of ISK.
Watching people play this game is like watching the story unfold of some small country and its shenanigans.

--Patrick

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

EVE requires way too much time investment for me to get back in, but damn, I love reading about all the shit that happens.

Dave

Dave

I haven't played in months again. My toons are out of their training queue. I want to go back but I don't. It's like WoW. Sometimes I get the itch...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Pretty sure that's called a relapse

Dave

Dave

No, a relapse would be if I actually did it.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... why the fuck did I come to this thread? *starts scratching at veins*