Eve Online

It's time to try this game again. I played this game for a few months about a year ago, and eventually moved on without ever learning what the fuck I was doing. This will probably happen again, but FTL has given me that suicidal space itch that just needs to be scratched.

I'll probably be making a new trial account, and I know some people here still play. Who wants to send me a trial link?

I sometimes do get the urge to clean the space-dust off my account, but I have no income. I might give Dust a try since it's free to play. How does the connection work between the two games? Can players communicate or join corps across them?

I sometimes do get the urge to clean the space-dust off my account, but I have no income. I might give Dust a try since it's free to play. How does the connection work between the two games? Can players communicate or join corps across them?
I dunno. It's only on PS3, so I'm not very interested in it.

Found sort of an answer on the website

So how do I interact with EVE players?
Initially, DUST 514 mercenaries will be able to join EVE Online players to participate in factional warfare happening at the contested boundaries between the large EVE Universe empires. By working in unison, players will be able to fight critical battles that can swing the sovereignty of the system and thus influence the large scale strategic balance. EVE players can directly affect the outcome of these critical ground battles by bombarding the opposing faction from space. The tables can always be turned however, as DUST 514 players are able to use weapons from the ground to deal damage to spacecraft above.
The EVE Universe is all about power, domination and control of space. Players in DUST 514 and EVE Online will work with and against each other to wage battles, conquer territories, amass wealth, and build empires.
So there is some sort of communication system for Dust-Eve player cooperation, but I don't know if it can work through direct in-game chat or through contracts

Necronic

Staff member
I still play (or I got back from a break), but I'm not sure there's much I can do to help new players. If you get serious I can send you some cash, but that cash either never makes it's way back to me or the person quits, or both. So...even then....probably not.

I still play (or I got back from a break), but I'm not sure there's much I can do to help new players. If you get serious I can send you some cash, but that cash either never makes it's way back to me or the person quits, or both. So...even then....probably not.
I don't need cash. On my first day I've mined up 5 million isk, though maybe that's not a lot. It's plenty for me at this point, though.

It's a lot smoother this time around for me. I'm not (as) lost, and I'm enjoying it. Already upgraded from a trial account.

So, the new Eve Online expansion, Retribution, hits tomorrow. Don't suppose anyone would want to give it a try? :p

Can you say no to this face?

So, the new Eve Online expansion, Retribution, hits tomorrow. Don't suppose anyone would want to give it a try? :p

Can you say no to this face?
Dave ? Is that you?

I kind of want to play, but I don't have the time right now. Maybe if they send me a good deal on resubbing I'll check it out again.

I've been accepted into the Dust 541 beta but haven't had a chance to try it out yet, totally missed a server stress test event over the weekend :(

I've suddenly started seeing commercials for this game all over Shanghai in the past month. I guess they're really branching otu.

Man, I keep saying I'm going to come back. Then I remind myself how little I ended up doing outside of EvE while I was playing EvE, and change my mind again.

Mah god. What did they do to Sansha rats. Apparently to do the Amarr Epic Arc you now have to fly a non-Amarr ship. The first combat mission of the arc had 6 rats tossing tracking disruption on me before I could even target them. When they quit disrupting me, the hit to my tracking still stays. :Leyla:

Man, I keep saying I'm going to come back. Then I remind myself how little I ended up doing outside of EvE while I was playing EvE, and change my mind again.
Eve for me has been the easiest to not play. You level outside of the game through skill points, so I don't feel the need to grind anything. I haven't been able to play much of anything lately, so I just fired this up.

Necronic

Staff member
So I've finally started playing a bit more again. It's funny, I was in a PL training corp for the better part of a year, playing fanatically, and then as soon as I got into PL I basically quit playing. But, I'm more or less back now. Did some secret santa stuff over the break with my alliance. Got a macharial with a bunch of faction fittings. Was a pretty cool gift, but then I ended up spending like 4 bil on my gifts so I feel I may have come out on bottom a bit.....

Dust is going to be migrated to the live servers on Thursday. This should be interesting.

4 bil... One of these days I need to figure out how to actually make money in this game. I'm lazy and don't have much time to put into it though, so I'll continue to be poor.

I got incredibly frustrated with the PVE changes, so in a fit of drunken rage I suicided my napoc in a mission to force myself into doing something different. That was an expensive explosion...

I joined RvB after that and have been having a blast. Some nights are slow and nothing happens, some nights I get my ass handed to me, and some nights I have an absolute blast and blow a ton of shit up. Overall its a great time. No one takes it too seriously, we're all out to enjoy seeing space explosions. Too bad there's no easy way to make isk while doing it.

I'm thinking after I've put in a month in RvB I'll try to find a FW Corp and give that a go. I need to start making the iskies again.

I'll quit talking to myself after this. I just saw this video and it has got to be my favorite eve video. It's a bit long, but worth it. Great build up, and the fight at the end is nuts. I love how well the FC held everyone together during it. If I had more time and dedication, I'd love to make my way out to WH space.

*Oh, and put it full screen at 1080p to make it watchable. Otherwise the overview is a blurry mess.

I think I need to leave EvE University. It was good for learning the basics, but there are too many goddamn rules and limitations.

I couldn't even get into Eve Uni. They've got their heads way too far up their asses.

What are you looking to do? If you're looking for some low commitment fun pvp, join RvB. I'm in Blue, they seem a bit more mature. I can easily hop on for a few minutes and get into fights right away most of the time.

I couldn't even get into Eve Uni. They've got their heads way too far up their asses.

What are you looking to do? If you're looking for some low commitment fun pvp, join RvB. I'm in Blue, they seem a bit more mature. I can easily hop on for a few minutes and get into fights right away most of the time.
I may have to come join you... When I get over this flu

Shakey Jonez. I'll try to be on too.
This is nuts, I think they have 30k prefitted ships to burn through. We caught a miner in the system and blew up his Hulk. I was too late for it, but got in on trying to down his Orca. By then Concord had shown up and we were all done for. I don't think he knew what hit him.

The kill boards are laggy as hell because of this, but I'm pretty sure I'm pushing over 200 kills just today. My box of wine is gone, and I need caffeine asap.
Also found an AFK miner in a Mackinaw, and got in on that kill. My Sec status is taking a bit of a hit today.

That's fine. I could only hop in for a few minutes yesterday morning, but I ended up with a little over 300 kill mails. I wasn't even trying to KM whore like some people were. It was a great time. In the end 28,000 frigs were blowed up in two days.

Necronic

Staff member
I got perma-banned from all EvE Uni channels for trolling them with multiple accounts. Was pretty fun.

EvE UNI has been good to me. They've been really helpful in learning the game, and most importantly learning how to interact with a fleet and do operations. But their need to stay neutral, while perfectly understood, is smothering.

Just remember, if you do join RvB, there's almost no way to make isk unless you're trading or manufacturing on the side. A lot of pirates will get alts in the corp just to track down corp members who aren't in the main systems. It's a pretty dead giveaway they are missioning or mining.