ENOUGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys back off Nick! I've actually met him and he is super nice and his Liefieldesc tattoo of Squirrel Girl is amazing!

North_Ranger

Staff member
Allow me to offer a scathing remark that will melt your faces, irradiate your genitalia, piss in your salad and make your sisters find true love with the family dog/cat/other pet:

*ahem*

Your mother.

That is all.

North_Ranger

Staff member
hey, I am on your side here, way to go with the team kills NR, no wonder no one wants to play COD with you!
Sooooooo... You're saying you DON'T want these boxes of delicious Swiss chocolate? Okay, I guess I'll just have to eat them by myself :p

On a more serious note, this is why I try not to answer in gifs or pictures alone. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but sometimes the message gets garbled in the translation.

North_Ranger

Staff member
You eating Swiss chocolate is like me going for a nice, relaxing Swedish sauna. I think we can all agree this is not the desired outcome, no?
I believe it is more of an oxymoron, as there is no such thing as a Swedish sauna. There is only a pale imitation made by Swedes.

I do like me some chocolate, though... except that Cadbury shit I ate in Ireland. God that was horrendous...

S

SeraRelm

Cadbury is dry, much like today's Hershey. I like Gertrude Hawk, personally.

Cadbury, and by extension most of what Americans consider chocolate, isn't - not by any definition either Belgians or Swiss use.
For the record, in one of the last sauna places I went, they actually DID have separate "Finnish" and "Swedish" saunas. The Finnish one was 10° hotter, otherwise I didn't really notice much of a difference...Think they were just t rying to be fancy :p

For the record, in one of the last sauna places I went, they actually DID have separate "Finnish" and "Swedish" saunas. The Finnish one was 10° hotter, otherwise I didn't really notice much of a difference...Think they were just t rying to be fancy :p
If I may ask, how hot were the two saunas? Over here, finnish saunas are between 70-100 degrees Celsius, depending on the person's taste. I like about 80 degrees which seems to be the norm, and the sauna world championships begin at 110 degrees.

Don't remember exactly, I think hey were supposed to be 80 and 90....and yes, I know that temperature isn't a good way to differentiate different types of sauna. Sauna complex thingies tend to have several at several temperatures, some just call them by their average temperature, others try to fancy it up. Don't ask me why they thought Sweden would be a good idea as a name for a sauna :-P

Sauna World Championships?
Yeah, there was (edit: unofficial) an international competition organised between 1999 and 2010 in Finland. The temperature began at 110 degrees Celsius, and a litre of water was poured on the stove via a forcet every 30 seconds. The winner is the one who left the sauna unaided last.

They discontinued the contest after a russian contestant died of third-degree burns.
Don't remember exactly, I think hey were supposed to be 80 and 90....and yes, I know that temperature isn't a good way to differentiate different types of sauna. Sauna complex thingies tend to have several at several temperatures, some just call them by their average temperature, others try to fancy it up. Don't ask me why they thought Sweden would be a good idea as a name for a sauna :-P
Well, over here the expression 'swedish sauna' is a bit of a joke, it is what you call it when for example the weather outside is rather hot: "it's as hot in there as in a swedish sauna". Also, when the sauna is not hot or humid enough, a typical saying goes "throw some more water on the stove, we didn't come here to read Aftonbladet (a swedish newspaper)".

As you can see, we don't think too highly of swedish saunas. But 80 degrees is decent enough, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.