Depression

Was somewhat better for a while. Hitting hard again. It's really hard for me to talk about this. People think, "oh he's successful, why is he complaining? Look at that guy over there that has nothing and is having the time of his life." I tell myself that stuff, too. Sometimes it works for a little while.

I know it's hard to talk about, but it is good to talk about it. And I say this as a full hypocrite since I also do not like talking about my depression. But it's there, and talking does help, and it's always easy to give others advice than take it yourself.

If anything, I feel like you're at least less likely to get the ignorant response of "Why are you sad?" here. It feels like most people here understand, either through personal experience or via proxy of someone close.

People kind of forget that sometimes those most cheerful and positive of us are actually depressed. We put on the mask so that others don't see it, either to hide from others our pain or to avoid making it a big deal, which creates it's own anxiety.