Decent gaming laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm slightly beat Toshiba. I wonder if these guys got paid. Still customer support is very different for one another. Take not of that.

- The Antipoe.

J

Jiarn

Torchlight is a fantastic game and is a rare example of well created game. WoW is not. It's a beastly game that takes a lot of system resources to run. In zones with many people, effects, congrats on getting owned while your laptop chugs along rying to watch up. Popcap games don't require much neither. Guess what, solitaire runs on my laptop as well. :)
You're the one who brought up Popcap games having trouble on laptops. I was simply stating that, while not running Crysis or GTA:IV, laptops under $1000 can play alot of games that have been coming out within the recent few years.

I've had two gaming notebooks from Asus, the Asus G1 and the Asus G60j, which is my current gaming computer. I'm happy with both, they've served me well, though I'm probably going to get a desktop for my next gaming rig. I'm not sure how far the price for the G60j has fallen, but I got it for around $1800, which is a bit out of your price range.

They both have abysmal battery life though, which counts against them for mobile gaming.

C

Chazwozel

Thread: Decent gaming laptop? - Negative
Unhelpful post with no reasoning given. If you're going to be so negative at least back up your opinion.

How about having the balls and posting this instead of using anonymous responses? I thought the purpose of forums is to actually you know, converse. Read my posts, try to understand, if you don't ask me to elaborate. Don't be a bitch.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

I found a great gaming laptop that keeps up with most desktops: The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
Dell gaming rigs are pretty awesome. However, they're no where close to the price tag Ravenpoe is looking for. I saw a $2500 worth gaming rig once, I wanted to hold it tight, kiss it and name it... all within 5 seconds.
I got this:

Thread: Decent gaming laptop? -Negative
Your suggestion doesn't fit anywhere near within Ravenpoe's budget, and also ludicriously tries to keep up with desktops.

First of all, this site may be of assistance in determining components to look for.
Second, if you're looking for something on a budget, I'd only consider units in the 12-13" range. Look for whatever unit has the best/most modern integrated (ATI or NVIDIA) graphics and get at least a Core 2 Duo. Memory and HDD can all be changed later.

--Patrick

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220735

This is what I ended up going with. So far I'm pretty happy with it. It runs dragon age on medium with no problem, it runs wow on full, and older games (source engine, doom3, etc) all run on max without any hiccups.

Battery life is pretty bad, about 90 minutes while gaming, but I expected this. I'm always near an outlet, so this isn't much of an issue.

Shannow

Staff member
My MSI gaming laptop is still going strong since its purchase in January of 2009 (at the like it was 799 on sale). I use it for wow raiding, and its perfectly fine, and I now also use it for sc2 beta quite a bit. Chugs along liek a champ. So much so that I no longer have my main desktop anymore. And its model is almost 2 years old. Good stuff, that I never would have anticipated a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.