December artist of the month: Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... uh. sorry about the delay. I'm artist of the month for december! And my thing is...Blender! namely, 3d modelling (and limited animation) in Blender 3d, an open source app, which every else seems to find harder to operate than a piece of heavy machinery made out of chocolate,in the middle of the desert, with the instructions written in gaelic.
i've been Blendering as a hobby for about... uh... three to four years now, i guess. I'm really just working on it so i can eventually do something larger with it.

The stuff i normally make tends to be Sci-fi stuff, which is starting get a bit irritating, since i keep trying to expand the range of stuff i do, only to fall back on making yet another bloody spaceship.

I've done a little animation, but not much, since by the time i've set everything up, tweaking stuff that hasn't gone right is normally more trouble than its worth, forcing me to do-over entirely.

that said, on to the examples i guess!

most of my stuff gets added here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/twitchmoss/sets/72157603442919314/

R

RealBigNuke

Fancy derigible! Got more shots of that? And very nice 3d work!

Yay! Very cool Mossy! I dig the companion cube and the robot looking guy. Poor guy looks like he could use a hug :)

Wow moss, that dirigible turned out sweet. It's cool to see the finished product of some of these things after seeing them in-progress in the IRC.

Cajungal

Staff member
Woooooooot, the awesome stuff that I wouldn't even know how to begin making!

So tell me, how long does all this take?

Also, what are your top 3 tom waits songs?

hrm...depending on how complicated it is, normally takes a couple of hours or so. the really complex stuff might take most of an evening though. stuff like the three spaceships takes a few days, because i spent about a night on each ship. the dirigible took damn ages.

aand lets see.. just three? uh... at the moment, i'll go with

All the world is green

Singapore

gunstreet Girl

definitely sci-fi stuff. spaceships are a favourite, though i tend to get stuck in a rut when making them.

this was one of the animation projects that unfortunately has been on hiatus for a while. i'm thinking of starting it from scratch, now that i can add stuff like say, backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.