Dear Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I recently purchased two of the four Jeeves & Wooster DVDs available in Finland. A week later I was informed that the last two DVDs are no longer available.

Today I visited my local DVD outlet, and was informed that there is a Jeeves & Wooster box set, albeit it is currently sold out. But the import end has already placed order for new ones. Also, I was informed that DVDs #3 and #4 have actually been discontinued, meaning it might be some time before they are published again, if ever.

Tell me, dear Dave, should I place an order for the box set and get a refund for the two yet-unopened Jeeves & Wooster DVDs I have, or wait and hope that #3 and #4 will eventually be re-issued?

Dave

Staff member
Dear North Ranger,

You will almost never hear me say this, but.....Torrent. You've gone WAY out of your way to purchase this and have been denied. I'd find a place to download it. If you don't you may never get to watch them.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Dear Dave,

Thank you for your answer, but there are two major complications:
1.) My moral opposition to using torrents and
2.) my complete and total ineptitude with such things.

I will consider your answer nonetheless, and check back at the outlet to ask for further news on the box, mainly vis-á-vis delivery time.

Dave

Staff member
The problem that I see is if you attempt to get these things through legal methods you will either be unable or you will be paying someone who is charging you way too much.

I found all the Jeeves & Wooster at isohunt.com. I hate to tell you to do it, but with an out of print DVD I really see no other way than doing this without paying way too much.

NR,

Order the box set and hold onto the two seasons you already have. When they too are inevitably discontinued, you can put 'em up on eBay for hella profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.