Darkest Dungeon - The Crimson Court - Halforums Edition

shtuffisbroke.png

...eh? Clicking on it just says, "memegenerator.net may not be a legitimate website you should close this page" so no idea what's up there.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
View attachment 26069
...eh? Clicking on it just says, "memegenerator.net may not be a legitimate website you should close this page" so no idea what's up there.

--Patrick
Obviously your browser is blocking content from memegenerator. SIGH I'll go rehost it, you paranoid.[DOUBLEPOST=1512159810,1512159748][/DOUBLEPOST]There, you should see it now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Spoilered for size, this is a long one, and the pictures would get overwhelming in full size probably.
20171203103608_1.jpg

A fairly uneventful patrol through the Cove pushes Snuffles and Amy to level 6.

20171203103708_1.jpg

Mikerc went to meditate in the abbey for stress relief, and it calmed him down a little TOO much! -15% damage on the first round? Unacceptable! Gonna get the leeches to pull that nonsense right out of his blood.

wasabicurse.jpg

On what should have been a milk run through the warrens, Wasabi and Nick contract the Crimson Curse. But the experience pushes Zero to level 6. Frank is also infected by the curse the following week. These swarms are everywhere!

20171203121421_1.jpg
Ashburner's morale breaks when his party runs out of food, leaving him hopeless on a trip through the ruins. His affliction causes a retreat to fail at a crucial moment, causing the death of both himself, and Null. Patrthom and Frank barely manage to escape.

20171203123402_1.jpg

@CynicalKat, @stienman, and @JunJun join the roster. The latter two are woefully inexperienced, but we really have a bad need for a crusader and a vestal.

20171203131015_1.jpg

On a trip through the weald, Emrys looks into a tent at a seemingly abandoned campsite, and the revelation of the grisly fate of its occupant drives her over the edge.

20171203131610_1.jpg

Grue, on the other hand, rises to the challenge.

Emrysdies.jpg

The mission goes completely pear-shaped, however, and after retreating back to the bloody camp after a battle gone terribly wrong, Emrys dies of a heart attack. Another antiquarian arrives to take her place, named NobleHippy.

Grytpipe-thynne, Stienman, Junjun and Hylian are also afflicted with the Crimson Curse.

fanatic.jpg

The Fanatic ambushes the party! The battle is bloody (and fiery), But Hylian, Nick, Stienman and Junjun finally overcome him - though Nick is nearly burned to death at the stake. Nearly. But in surviving, he advances to level 6. He celebrates by going on a drunken bender and isn't seen for three weeks. Two vials of antidote for the Crimson Curse are found on the fanatic's fallen corpse! With so many infected, it will be difficult to choose who to cure...

@Sparhawk and his faithful hound join the crusade.

cannonbeat.jpg

Wasabi is cured of the crimson curse. She, Dave, General Specific and Shego go to destroy the last cannon in the Weald, the Brigand 16-pounder. They're fantastically successful, and bring home a nice trophy (and Shego brings home a tapeworm). (6:50)

20171203170023_1.jpg

When they return, they find some sort of miracle has returned Dirona to life! She's alive and as strong as she was, but considerable expense must be invested to re-train and re-equip her. Fortunately, money is no longer a problem for us.

20171203170958_1.jpg

The second vial of cure is used on Junjun. She is, however, almost immediately reinfected during the mission. As are Fade and Mikerc.

20171203181004_1.jpg

Wasabi, Serarelm, Genspec and Dave try to kill the final, Formless Flesh. Things do NOT go well at all. Wasabi is killed brutally by a lashing hail of toothed and spiny tendrils. Dave is nearly bitten in half, and then bleeds out before any aid can be rendered. The others come so very close to finishing off the horrible thing, but in a crushing flurry of teeth and bad luck, everyone is killed. Everyone. Catastrophe.

20171203183231_1.jpg

Shego, Dirona, Nick, and Sara_2814 set out to defeat the Beguiling Siren, but the stress of all the madness drives Shego to hopelessness with alarming quickness. Sara has a close brush with death, and the four deem it prudent to regroup in town.

highwayman.jpg

@Adam the highwayman signs on to the endeavor.

20171203191137_1.jpg

After a very successful attack on the fish-men of the cove with Tinwhistler, Bones, MindDetective and Grue all advance to level 6.

All.jpg

It has now been two years. Two... long... years... since our arrival.

20171203191334_1.jpg

The hamlet, once a hopeless midden sheltering a few terrified rabble, is now almost completely restored to its heyday, and adventurers bustle through the streets. But what a cost the labor has incurred... so many dead, so many lost.

And the jagged rictus of the mansion on the cliff still looms over us all, like the Sword of Damocles, waiting to fall on us and end it all at any time.

With my latest alert, I see we're on to Halforumite's wives. Or at least one of them.

Mine.

To die in a darkest dungeon. For his entertainment.

Welp! Let me know how it goes!

GasBandit

Staff member
With my latest alert, I see we're on to Halforumite's wives. Or at least one of them.

Mine.

To die in a darkest dungeon. For his entertainment.

Welp! Let me know how it goes!
Reverent-one's wife, NobleHippie, is in there too.

I don’t think he’s used me for his meat grinder yet.
Mostly I'm running low on female names >_< At this rate I'll have to scrape up people that haven't posted in 10 years.

Some of us have shown up off of the carriage and are never heard from again. Waiting for the call that never comes...

GasBandit

Staff member
Some of us have shown up off of the carriage and are never heard from again. Waiting for the call that never comes...
Generally that just means that every mission you go on, nobody dies or goes insane, so I don't make a note of anything :p But yeah, for every note up there, usually 4 or 5 missions go by. That most recent post came from a nine-and-a-half hour long play session.

Mikerc went to meditate in the abbey for stress relief, and it calmed him down a little TOO much! -15% damage on the first round?
Wha-? Hey! Bad Gas! No turning me into a hippie! The Deviant Tastes and Known Cheat is a fair assessment though.

GasBandit

Staff member
I haven't been heard from since I was the first to contract the curse.

Now I'm 6th level. Booyah!
You, MD, and Bones are my dream team for the Cove. Occultists get bonus damage against eldritch type monsters (the types are Human, Beast, Eldritch, Unholy, and Bloodsucker), and pretty much everything in the cove counts as Eldritch. Plus, you're all healers... of a sort (Occultist heal does a random amount of healing between zero and 20ish hp, then attempts to apply a bleed status effect - that's potentially the best, or worst, of all the heals in the game depending on how the RNG feels about you at the moment).

GasBandit

Staff member
Once again, spoilered for image size -

Due to his grousing, @Tress becomes the next Plague Doctor to join the troupe.

20171204193312_1.jpg

Eriol and Tinwhistler reach level 6 after the easiest, smoothest trip through the warrens I can remember having. They didn't even need to use their firewood and camp for the night.

In fact, they (plus DarkAudit and Junjun) come back with more food than they left with. Uh... where... where did you get this meat, guys?

20171204200822_1.jpg

DA and Jun return to the warrens with Grytpipe and HCGLNS, and all four of them make level 6.

@Docseverin the crusader signs up for the long haul.

Snuffles, Grytpipe, Amy, and Sara make a try for the countess. For a while, the battle seems to be going well... until it suddenly isn't. Sara comes to death's door, and discretion being the better part of valor, they all four retreat to town to lick their wounds before something... permanent happens. Everyone retires to their various preferred methods of stress relief, but Sara's drunken bender leaves her missing for weeks. Snuffles catches the Crimson Curse from someone else in the tavern. Maybe Sara.

20171204213051_1.jpg
20171204213150_1.jpg

The lowbies get their feet wet in an easy scouting mission while the big dogs recover, then Grytpipe and Snuffles return to try the countess again, this time taking Dirona with them to give Amy more time to recoup, and Shego to deal damage in place of the absent Sara. It doesn't go nearly as well. Shego is nearly killed, and ends up with a torn rotator. Everybody but Snuffles also fails their sanity check.

20171204213402_1.jpg

They flee back to town, and find that the tavern has run out of ale! This must be Sara's fault. This is gonna be a tough week.

20171204215958_1.jpg

A week later, Shego's missing. She was last seen at the brothel... let's hope she hasn't run off with some sweet young thing.

20171204221051_1.jpg

Snuffles and Grytpipe try it one more time, this time bringing Amy and SpecialKO. It doesn't go any better. Rather, it SEEMED to be going amazingly, until suddenly the Countess started dodging every attack and ignoring the party's dodge buffs like they weren't even there. I'm starting to smell shenanigans in the back end.

20171204222508_1.jpg
It seems whatever powers that be sense my growing suspicion of their hand on the scales, and they decide to show they can give as well as take - when the party retreats to town, they find that Terrik has miraculously returned from the grave.

Last edited:
Once again, spoilered for image size -

Due to his grousing, @Tress becomes the next Plague Doctor to join the troupe.

View attachment 26104
Eriol and Tinwhistler reach level 6 after the easiest, smoothest trip through the warrens I can remember having. They didn't even need to use their firewood and camp for the night. In fact, they (plus DarkAudit and Junjun) come back with more food than they left with. Uh... where... where did you get this meat, guys?

View attachment 26105
DA and Jun return to the warrens with Grytpipe and HCGLNS, and all four of them make level 6.

@Docseverin the crusader signs up for the long haul.

Snuffles, Grytpipe, Amy, and Sara make a try for the countess. For a while, the battle seems to be going well... until it suddenly isn't. Sara comes to death's door, and discretion being the better part of valor, they all four retreat to town to lick their wounds before something... permanent happens. Everyone retires to their various preferred methods of stress relief, but Sara's drunken bender leaves her missing for weeks. Snuffles catches the Crimson Curse from someone else in the tavern. Maybe Sara.

View attachment 26106 View attachment 26107
The lowbies get their feet wet in an easy scouting mission while the big dogs recover, then Grytpipe and Snuffles return to try the countess again, this time taking Dirona with them to give Amy more time to recoup, and Shego to deal damage in place of the absent Sara. It doesn't go nearly as well. Shego is nearly killed, and ends up with a torn rotator. Everybody but Snuffles also fails their sanity check.

View attachment 26108
They flee back to town, and find that the tavern has run out of ale! This must be Sara's fault. This is gonna be a tough week.

View attachment 26109
A week later, Shego's missing. She was last seen at the brothel... let's hope she hasn't run off with some sweet young thing.

View attachment 26110
Snuffles and Grytpipe try it one more time, this time bringing Amy and SpecialKO. It doesn't go any better. Rather, it SEEMED to be going amazingly, until suddenly the Countess started dodging every attack and ignoring the party's dodge buffs like they weren't even there. I'm starting to smell shenanigans in the back end.

View attachment 26111
It seems whatever powers that be sense my growing suspicion of their hand on the scales, and they decide to show they can give as well as take - when the party retreats to town, they find that Terrik has miraculously returned from the grave.
I knew it was only a matter of time. Like a bad fungus.

GasBandit

Staff member
20171205205454_1.jpg

MindDetective chaperones Fade, Patrthom, and Hylian through the cove on a search and destroy mission. It goes well! The latter three are now level 6. MD gets rabies for his trouble, though, and is out of commission for a bit.

@Soupy the man-at-arms joins the campaign.

Here we go again... Snuffles, Grytpipe, SpecialKO and Shego once more try to beard the Countess in her lair.

20171205212009_1.jpg

It's a close thing, but success is finally achieved! The horrific thing is no more! Everyone is cured of the crimson curse, and any further infections are now treatable by conventional means. Something still moves about, within the confines of the courtyard, however... but for the time being, we can turn our attention back to the main task at hand.

20171205214205_1.jpg

Zero, Eriol, Sixpack, and Jun head into the warrens for another try at the Formless Flesh that has thwarted our attempts previously to kill it. Their skills compliment each other impeccably, and the abomination of sinewy flesh and bone doesn't stand a chance. The experience brings Sixpackshaker to level 6.

GasBandit

Staff member
If anyone's curious to see the battle where the countess was finally defeated, here it is. It's 15 minutes long though, and most of it is not particularly exciting, unless you enjoy hearing me whine "OH COME ON" multiple times.