[Gaming] D&D Jay's Game - She's Dead Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
That works, I still don't have reliable internet here, nor have I had a chance to look at MapTools at all, or even provide my char sheet.

Sometimes life is like that. Thursday can be a hard day to deal with, if you guys find another date more agreeable, perhaps more games will happen, if not, we'll be back full schedule in the Fall.

Summers are like that. :p

My schedule should open up when I find full time employment, but then, many of my problems will be solved when that happens.

R

rathkor

next week the only day im free is monday. tuesday i will be going home to visit family, and i will be unable to get online for more than 15 minutes at a time, as i will be keeping busy. the week after that should be fine, but i cant remember if we have a game schedueled that week or not.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Yeah yeah, I'll learn it. I'm still taking care of things at this new apartment and it's just like blegghhh. So when is our next game, then?

It's been so long I haven't touched Maptools... I'll prolly start anew.

What did you have setup on your end HC? Campaign settings/macros and what not?

Maybe not tonight as I'm about to sit on the couch with the woman and watch some Scott Pilgrim. Maybe we can do this sometime over the weekend.

Ok, I can post my stuff for review later.

---------- BasicStats ----------
@Level:1
@HalfLevel:{FLOOR(Level/2)}
*@----- HealthStats -----:-
*@HitPoints:10
*@TempHP:0
MaxHP:{10+Constitution+(Level-1)*5}
@BloodiedHP:{FLOOR(MaxHP/2)}
*@SurgesLeft:6
SurgeValue:{FLOOR(MaxHP/4)}
DailySurges:{6+ConMod}
*@----- Defenses -----:-
*@ArmorClass:{10+HalfLevel}
*@Fortitude:{10+HalfLevel+max(StrMod,ConMod)}
*@Reflex:{10+HalfLevel+max(DexMod,IntMod)}
*@Will:{10+HalfLevel+max(WisMod,ChaMod)}
*@----- OtherInfo -----:-
*@Speed:6
*@Initiative:0
*@ActionPoints:1
*@Milestones:0
PowerPoints:0
PowerPointsMax:0
DeathSave:0
------------------- AbilityScores --------------------------
@Strength:10
@Constitution:10
@Dexterity:10
@Intelligence:10
@Wisdom:10
@Charisma:10
---------- AbilityMods ----------
@StrMod:{FLOOR((Strength-10)/2)}
@ConMod:{FLOOR((Constitution-10)/2)}
@DexMod:{FLOOR((Dexterity-10)/2)}
@IntMod:{FLOOR((Intelligence-10)/2)}
@WisMod:{FLOOR((Wisdom-10)/2)}
@ChaMod:{FLOOR((Charisma-10)/2)}
---------- Skills ----------
@Acrobatics:{HalfLevel+DexMod-ACP}
@Arcana:{HalfLevel+IntMod+0}
@Athletics:{HalfLevel+StrMod-ACP}
@Bluff:{HalfLevel+ChaMod+0}
@Diplomacy:{HalfLevel+ChaMod+0}
@Dungeoneering:{HalfLevel+WisMod+0}
@Endurance:{HalfLevel+ConMod-ACP}
@Heal:{HalfLevel+WisMod+0}
@History:{HalfLevel+IntMod+0}
@Insight:{HalfLevel+WisMod+0}
@Intimidate:{HalfLevel+ChaMod+0}
@Nature:{HalfLevel+WisMod+0}
@Perception:{HalfLevel+WisMod+0}
@Religion:{HalfLevel+IntMod+0}
@Stealth:{HalfLevel+DexMod-ACP}
@Streetwise:{HalfLevel+ChaMod+0}
@Thievery:{HalfLevel+DexMod-ACP}
----- Equipment ------
WP (One weapon damage)
WWP (2 weapon damage):{WP+WP}
WWWP (3 weapon damage):{WP+WP+WP}
WeapProf (Weapon Profficiency)
WEnh (Magic Weapon Enhancement)
CriticalHit (Value for Crit Hit)
CritW (Crit Bonus Damage):0
ArmB (Armour AC Bonus):0
ACP (Armour Check Penalty):0
ShD (Shield Mod):0
Implement (ImP):0
CritImp (Implement crit):0
CritImpDam:0
WPO (One weapon damage offhand)
WWPO (2 weapon damage):{WPO+WPO}
WWWPO (3 weapon damage):{WPO+WPO+WPO}
WeapProfO (Weapon Profficiency)
WEnhO (Magic Weapon Enhancement)
CritWO (Crit Bonus Damage)
---- CODING ----
ENCsp:2
ENC1:1
DAILY1:0
UTILITY2:1
ENC3:1
DAILY5:1
MAGICITEM1:1
MAGICITEM2:1
MAGICITEM3:1
MAGICITEMUSAGE:1
APCount:1
SecWindCount:1
ENCrace:1
ENCclass1:1
ENCclass2:1
NeckSlotBonus:0
*Bennies:0
*XP:0

So aside from the basics, I have included Armour, Main & Offhand weapons, implements and variables to count/track the usage of powers slash conditions. That way if you use your Second Wind in an encounter, your SecWindCount gets set to zero and the macro prevents you from using it again. Same for other encounter powers and magic items.

I set up as many states as there are in the game and gave them unique graphical effects.

For each player token I set up the stats and various modifications for defenses, your could make it so that all you have to do is pick the class and race and abilities, but I found it just simpler for me to edit it manually.

Then edited the token variables to reflect their equipped items.

I gave each player basic macros for:
Taking a Short or Extended rest, (basically these just reset things as required)
Taking Damage or Healing Damage taking into account temporary hit points or negative HP
Initiative, Saving Throws and Death Saving Throws

Every player then got a group of macros for their skills, the basic macro is the same for each player just references the token property and two variables established in each macro: trained and variable bonuses. To easily mark which skills were trained I changed the colour of the macro button.

I gave them all macros to be able to toggle the state of their token, but I think I might remove that as it is already available by right clicking the token.

Then for those with magic items with effects, I built those macros as well.

And I then built them every macro for At-Will, Encounter and Daily Powers and colour coded them. This is where I learned most of maptools, as each character added something new and challenging.

From the DM side, it was very useful to do the same thing for each monster. Once you do this you can just let the macros do the work for you. No looking up powers, and you can also use it for dramatic flavour text.

Tracking initiative was very easy with the built in tool, as it allows you to drop and drag the tokens in the order as well as automatically updating it, and you can use it to sort itself.

The learning curve I had was what windows to keep open and where to position them on my netbook monitor.

Building the map is very easy, instead of making a wall with pog after pog after pog. You just stretch a single token. Only problem so far is for unique items like boats, you have to use a graphics editor to rotate them 90 degrees. But tons of graphics available on the net and in the system itself for making maps.

We should find some time to sit together tomorrow night HC. My weekend was busy.... but it was awesome.

I can be available from 8 EST to about 11 EST tomorrow. One thing I have found is that player input is great, because building from the DM side is rather blinding at times.

Some more of what we were talking about on Monday Jay. Grab a token import the macro set to it and follow the macro steps to create a monster, then at the end just clean up the macros you don't need.

Attachments

I'm currently very involved in throwing a bachlor's party for my friend and it's a surprise for this Friday night. I spent most of last night scouting and securing the services of a fantastic looking stripper (5'8, 36D (natural)-26-36, natural redhead named Melodie) and working on other arrangements which will continue tonight and see me not being home tonight before 10-11 PM.

Truth be told I'm quite certain there's no game this week and since the game is in summer mode players should start to expect me to confirm if there's a game or not... at least until September. :)

R

rathkor

ok, i'm playing a game right now, and there came a part where one of my teammates came across a zombified version of a person he said was as a mother to him, and the zombie attacked us. Guess what, I DIDN'T EVEN CAST ONE STUPID SPELL ON IT for fear my teammate might turn on me. i hope youre happy. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.