Changing where Steam installs games (and moving existing ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I recently added a few new hard drives to my computer and am busy copying and reinstalling things all over the place to make things run more efficiently.

My question is this... is there a way to move all my currently installed games from Steam to another drive without having to redownload and reinstall them all? Most of the solutions I've found on the internet have been less than stellar and I was just wondering if anyone else had run into this problem and had an easy solution.

Thanks

Just wanted to let people know my findings in case anyone else ever runs into a similar problem.

After trying a whole bunch of complicated stuff that left Steam in shambles I figured out that this is very simple to do. You just copy the entire Steam folder to your new drive in a folder location that your happy with. Then run the Steam.exe from that new location. Once you've logged in and confirmed that it works you can delete the old folder on the other drive. That's it. Simple... took me forever to figure out too.

Saved me from having to redownload 200gb of games to the new drive :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.