Canadian Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
So strange that the US goes left and Canada goes right. It's like we're a counter-balance for North America, always operating the opposite of our good friends.

Ignatief-fail. Utterly and completely. There's not one election I've ever seen where failure can be totally blamed on one person, but this one I can. He didn't even win his OWN riding!

Does your right-left spectrum actually match ours?
As much as many up here would like to be alarmist each way, it is not really that different. Take what is the "right-wing" party up here (the Conservatives), and it'd look fairly in the middle of your spectrum, with a BIT to the right-hand side. Take what's left-wing up here (now apparently the mainstream left is the NDP), and you'd think it's on the most extreme left that could actually maybe kinda get elected down there.

Good for the NDP, though I fear their massive gains in Quebec will be quickly undone in a future election once Quebec realizes the NDP doesn't focus entirely on them (BROAD STROKES). I'm not a fan of the Conservatives in the least but I'll wait and see. If fucking Harper appoints another fucking bureaucrat as RCMP commissioner this time though, I'm done.

Our system is terrible. The CPC get full reign to do whatever they want, the 60% of us who didn't vote for them get to go along for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.