Brightleaf -- A new webcomic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oddbot

...by a guy I knew in high school, and it's really pretty damn good. So I thought I'd share it with all of you. This isn't an amateurish project in any way. This guy is a recent grad from SCAD (heh, rhyme) and he knows what he's doing. I'd wholeheartedly recommend it even if I didn't know the guy.

Here's the first comic. Start here cause it needs to be read in order (don't worry it hasn't gotten very far yet): http://thebrainseed.com/brightleaf/?p=67

Dave

Staff member
Not bad! But your friend's updates are largely unnecessary. Most of his posts are telling the story we should be seeing in the cartoon instead. For example:

The text from the blog is
Brightleaf figures out that maybe our one-eyed friend isn’t exactly a terrible monster after all! I’m sure he’s hoping this bandage will somehow make up for the whole slicing his arm open thing.
We figured that out from the cartoon.

But it's still a good cartoon!

O

Oddbot

Yeah dunno why he adds those, I just usually don't even read them.

R

RealBigNuke

I really like the bright pallette! I'm reading through it now. The newsposts are a little silly.

I'm kind of split on the flat colors. It does look very good, but I'd kind of like to see it with shading more often, too.

Art is good. Story and characters aren't interesting enough to me to make me add them to my daily list though. How many more comics will it take to establish the characters enough to get viewer's invested in them I wonder...

C

chakz

This looks like it will be pretty good once your friend finds his groove.

It looks like it could be interesting. I will check it out for awhile and see if it can draw me in enough to add to my daily list.

Z

Zumbo Prime

Looks alright. Already reading a couple dozen, why not this too?

Status
Not open for further replies.