Bootlegged Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that the actual movie/trailer will be better cause based off of that my excitement has gone down quite a bit.

If only Marvel Productions could get back the rights, we could have Spidey and the Avengers back in the same Universe.....

Oh yeah, and a movie production company that actually knows something about their characters.

What trailer were you watching? At what point do you think that looks awesome?

Once again, Charlie's probably just going against the grain to troll.

I liked all the first person jumping shots (I am giving the benefit of a doubt that they'll look better on the big screen), and Andrew Garfield looks awesome.

I still stand by the fact that this was a bad idea. The first spider-man was already good, and while it did lose some luster by the 3rd movie, it didn't deserve to get rebooted.

Hmmm not impressed with this yet, but it could be the dark direction of this trailer.
Added at: 11:37
I still stand by the fact that this was a bad idea. The first spider-man was already good, and while it did lose some luster by the 3rd movie, it didn't deserve to get rebooted.
It had to be re-booted for Sony Pictures to keep control of the rights, otherwise that Marvel Studios might get them back and make a good adaptation that fit in with all their other franchises.

Eh, to be honest, the more I think about them, Raimi's Spider-Man movies haven't aged well. Especially in comparison to other, better superhero movies out there now.

I'd have to sit down and watch them again to be sure, though. Don't get me wrong. I loved them when they first came out, but I don't think time has been kind to them.

Spider-Man 2 is still the best superhero movie. That doesn't change that Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone can act circles around Tobey Maguire and Kristen Dunst.

I'm really not trolling. I'm a huge Spider-Man fanboy, I would probably go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" if it was a pile of crap sitting on the screen for 0:25 then SPIDER-MAN LOGO.

Sorry Charlie, but it's very much the boy who trolled "Wolf". You've really lost alot of your previous credibility and my respect on film criticism.

I'm not a "Hater". I loved the Spider-Man series. With the exception of Venom/Emo Peter I thought they did the films really well.
I "hate" that Spider-Man cannot join the "Marvel Universe" films because Sony won't let it go.

Money is more important than continuity in the real world. I'm okay with Spider-Man standing on its own and not being part of all those shitty cookie cutter Avengers episodes they trot out as "Feature Films"

Reactions: Cog
I kind of wish they wouldn't feel the need to retell his origin, everybody knows how fucking Spider-Man became Spider-Man. Otherwise, I think it looks pretty good. Can't wait to see Lizard.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Now, I've never really read much of Spider-Man, but wasn't the wall-crawler supposed to be a kind of a trickster character? You know, someone who outwits and out-thinks his enemies, cracking a joke even in the face of complete and utter annihilation? You know, NOT the arachnid version of brooding, boo-hoo, my-parents-are-dead Batman?

Now, I've never really read much of Spider-Man, but wasn't the wall-crawler supposed to be a kind of a trickster character? You know, someone who outwits and out-thinks his enemies, cracking a joke even in the face of complete and utter annihilation? You know, NOT the arachnid version of brooding, boo-hoo, my-parents-are-dead Batman?
Yeah, when he is Spider-Man. Peter Parker was a whiny bitch. All we see of Spider-Man in that trailer is the first person sequence (which was kind of neat).

Money is more important than continuity in the real world. I'm okay with Spider-Man standing on its own and not being part of all those shitty cookie cutter Avengers episodes they trot out as "Feature Films"
See? That's why noone takes anything you say seriously anymore. It's actually really disappointing.

Yeah, the dark angle is the impression I got from this trailer, which doesn't feel like Spidey. But I am sure there will also be a romantic comedy version of trailer and eventually a kick-ass comic book spectacle trailer... none of them will truly reflect what the film will actually be.

The best rendition of Spidey in decades (including the movies, comics, etc) was the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Not only was he much less whiney (though still suffered from "Parker Luck") but the manner in which he beat the bad guys wasn't just with his fists. He's still a scientist at heart. Plus, his humour means he's a quick thinker. So a lot of times, he was out-smarting them by thinking right on the spot.

Plus, he was GODDAMN FUNNY as hell.

Like the part where Rhino was trashing the place...and a traffic cone suddenly flips onto his horn.

Spidey: Hey, I got the thing on the thing! What do I win?
Rhino: YOU!!
Spidey: I win me!? That makes no sense.

Maybe so Charlie but it's the way you purposefully troll all the time that just makes trying to actually converse with you always feel pointless.

I know alot of people who hated Moon, Mystic River, Gran Torino, Shawshank Remption, Schindler's List. Does that mean they're horrid movies too?

Lets also keep in mind here people, that a tone set by the trailer may have nothing to do with the actual tone of the movie. It's a trailer, it's meant to SELL the movie not always to accurately represent it.

I'll give this a chance but my expectations aren't going to be high. I like Andrew Garfield so who knows?
Added at: 16:47
What if someone liked Mystic River, Shawshank Redemption, Gran Torino, Iron Man and The Hulk? I mean, what if??? :p

Oh I just don't know what to believe anymore. You people and your liking some movies and not liking other movies. It's crazy. ;)

The best rendition of Spidey in decades (including the movies, comics, etc) was the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Not only was he much less whiney (though still suffered from "Parker Luck") but the manner in which he beat the bad guys wasn't just with his fists. He's still a scientist at heart. Plus, his humour means he's a quick thinker. So a lot of times, he was out-smarting them by thinking right on the spot.

Plus, he was GODDAMN FUNNY as hell.

Like the part where Rhino was trashing the place...and a traffic cone suddenly flips onto his horn.

Spidey: Hey, I got the thing on the thing! What do I win?
Rhino: YOU!!
Spidey: I win me!? That makes no sense.
oh agreed. this, a thousand times this. spectacular spider-man was AWESOME. the gangland fight with the opera was incredible, and the eventual fight with venom was done better in a damn animated series than in a several-million dollar movie.

and then it was cancelled after two seasons :(

I just don't get "movie snobbery" in general. I mean if you dislike a movie, fine. Some people take it too far though. Ex: I can't stand Transformer movies. I will sit and point out the things that I don't like about it. However I won't say it's "trash" or "I'd rather stab myself in the eyes than watch that movie". I also don't judge actors by comparison. Just because one is good doesn't mean the other isn't because he didn't act like the previous or later actor. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I was willing to play along until the first-person sequence. I really hope that's just for the trailer reveal of the costume, because it looked really stupid.

P

Philosopher B.

I love Sam Raimi. I like Toby Maguire. The first Spiderman movie was good fun. I'm still going to see the hell out of this, because of all the people involved.

I just don't get "movie snobbery" in general. I mean if you dislike a movie, fine. Some people take it too far though. Ex: I can't stand Transformer movies. I will sit and point out the things that I don't like about it. However I won't say it's "trash" or "I'd rather stab myself in the eyes than watch that movie". I also don't judge actors by comparison. Just because one is good doesn't mean the other isn't because he didn't act like the previous or later actor. Just doesn't make sense to me.
I think it depends. The second Transformers movie, for example, has absolutely NO redeeming value behind it. There are some movies out there that are total and complete garbage. Of course, I also like Kung Pow and Killer Klowns From Outer Space, so I don't have a lot of room to judge.

That said, I do make fun of friends who will pay money to see the Twilight movies. What I can't stand are these teeny-bopper girls (or like-minded adult women) who believe that "OMG KEWT BOYZ!" means it's a good movie. Ugh. Granted, there are hundreds of movies that use ridiculously sexy women as its only selling point, too. Those are the kind of movies I can't help but shake my head at. If a movie is going to be mindless fun, at least make it more than just ass and cleavage shots.

But yeah, I can't stand snobbery. I can't stand when people turn their nose to a movie or fully support a movie without backing it up with some kind of reason.
Added at: 18:26
Spider-Man 2 is still the best superhero movie.
Your opinion. Others would say the same of Superman, Hellboy, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Batman: Return of the Joker, All Star Superman, and a whole host of other movies.

I could say Mystery Men was a great superhero movie, too (which it damn well was) and better than Spider-Man 2 because it didn't have pacing issues. I'm sorry, but Spidey 2 drags on. Like the Transformers movies, it could have cut about half an hour of time and not lost anything.

At least they're actually doing live stunts with someone in costume. CG Spidey in the older films did not age well.

I was hoping they'd be going for the Ultimate origin or something this go round. Maybe just skip the origin all together. Nope.

Not liking what I'm seeing so far, and I want to like it. But it seems like so far it's just cranking up everything I didn't like about the previous installments, specifically the overly serious tone. Lighthearted, wise-ass spidey is where it's at.

The end sequence did make me realize how cool a Spider-Man alternative costume would've been in Mirror's Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.