Best video game trailers

Necronic

Staff member
I've been watching some trailers for different games recently, and man are some of them epic. Honestly the Dead Island Trailers are some of the best I've ever seen, but my exposure is a bit limited. So what are some of your favorites? Expose me damn you!

and possibly the best of the three, Dead Island 2:

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, I figured out how to move it into the Games forum.

I R ADNIMISTAPOR[DOUBLEPOST=1416087119,1416086916][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah, go like that. Wicky wicky wick.

The two from Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Mass Effect 3 : Take Back Earth

Well, you might as well credit the game trailer that started this trend:

I remember this trailer coming on an old OPM demo disc and the entire thing enrapturing me.

I still dig the song.

Oh man, completely opposite to this thread, does anyone remember just how purely awful the Dragon Age: Origins trailers were? Who the fuck were they trying to market to?

The Witcher 2 had an increeeeedible trailer.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know about best video game trailer, as I barely play anything apart from one MMO at a time.

But this game always holds a soft spot in my heart, so here's the trailer

as well as the intro (Way better than the trailer!). Adrian Ripburger voiced by none other than Mark Hamill.

And then there's this one, love Crimson Skies!

@Just Me, I agree 100% about the Full Throttle intro. That's my favourite character introduction in any medium.
Yes, and now we already got X-Wing back for the newer machines, as well as Sam and Max hit the road and Indiana and the fate of Atlantis. So I do hope for Full Throttle to get the same treatment, can't wait to meet Maureen again, and Father Torque. *sigh*

GasBandit

Staff member
But... there's one they fear...

In their tongue, he is Dovakiin... Dragonborn!

FUS RO DAH!!!

For me, it was the "decoded" version.

"MUSTARD JAR!!"

"Thank the looooord fucking cooooool oh my gooooood, me gustaaaaaa he's not gayyyyy, he's a GOD! Watch my tie rectal staple my heart to the floor! Push it in! Sew it in! But my sink's so foreign! Brother guy! Brother cool! Bucket o-of the sky! So don't run my car, or the poking goes on. Sofa king, Paladin, moving ALLAH ACKBAR! MARTIN! MARTIN! MARTIN! YEAH! MARTIN MARTIN MARTIN!"

(really, watch it again from FUS RO DAH and tell me that's NOT what they're singing).

Also the live action commercial trailer was pretty badass too.

THAT'S WHY WE KEPT WEARING THAT HORRIBLE IRON HAT FOR SO LONG, PEOPLE.

and then Harry Partridge saw it and THIS happened...

GasBandit

Staff member
I loved Black and White, the game, even though others may not have. The Cow Roundhouse Kick gets me every time.

Apparently, my contribution got eaten by the server hiccup, so allow me to re-post.

I'll see your 80s Zelda rap commercial with the Super Famicom Link To The Past music video commercial!

I remember getting a CD Rom in the mail eons ago, and this being on it as a trailer. To this day that sing feels creepy because of it.

GasBandit

Staff member
In a world of overly serious FPS games... along came Bad Company.

Also, there were a LOT of wierd old Zelda commercials. I remember seeing this one all the time. This was actually probably the worst one, but it got everybody talking. WTF is this game about?

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm not what you might call a fan of Fall Out Boy, and I think I've played Smash Bros once in my entire life, but someone did put a lot of effort into this and it's pretty damn impressive.

The two from Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

God damn it, this still burns me up that after this, Activision had them make that God awful Deadpool game in less than a year, which was shit. Now they make maps for Call of Duty games and some other studio got to make that fucking terrible Rise of the Darkspark which attempted to bridge the Cyberton series with the fucking movies.