[Movies] Been scared of this since I was little

For the most part I'm pretty indifferent to scary movies. I have a much harder time with certain horror games. (Like, everytime I try to play Amnesia, psych myself out, then just say "Nope!" and quit)
I can't play Amnesia either :(

It, I can't remember how old I was when it was on TV, but the only scene I saw was the restaurant scene with the fortune cookies followed by the scene with the bloody sink (possibly not in that order). It scared the holy God damn bejesus out of my young self. I was under the impression for years that the entirety of It was terrifying. Funny, once again, seeing it years later that it's mostly incredibly boring.

It, I can't remember how old I was when it was on TV, but the only scene I saw was the restaurant scene with the fortune cookies followed by the scene with the bloody sink (possibly not in that order). It scared the holy God damn bejesus out of my young self. I was under the impression for years that the entirety of It was terrifying. Funny, once again, seeing it years later that it's mostly incredibly boring.
You were (YourCurrentAge - 23) years old.

I didn't get to see much of it (since I wasn't in the country at that time), but from what I have seen, I remember wishing John Ritter and Harry Anderson would do something funny more often. They weren't wasted in their roles, I was just so used to seeing them be brilliant at comedy, and this was not supposed to be a comedy.

--Patrick

It on its own merits is boring and shlocky, and as an adaptation is a failure in nearly every imaginable way.

But I love Tim Curry.[DOUBLEPOST=1383188920,1383188724][/DOUBLEPOST]Didn't watch Poltergeist tonight, but got my wife to watch The Thing (John Carpenter one), which is cool because it's such a fucking great movie. I must've seen it a dozen times before night and I'm still left guessing on some of the ambiguous elements.

Then afterward I got to hear who my wife thought was the thing before.

Also, nice surprise seeing Keith David here. I must have last watched this before I took notice of his voice acting in recent years.

You know what movie scared the crap out of me as a kid? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Especially that scene with the fan.

Also, I can't play Amnesia either.

E.T scared me when I was a kid. And it still kind of does. I just can't make it through the opening sequences without looking away from the screen. Normally, after the first..I dunno, 20 minutes, I'm okay, but..those opening moments still scare me.

I have shared this before, but the scene in superman 3 where the sister gets sucked into the computer and turned into a robot gave me nightmares for years.

I still find it pants-shittingly scary.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have shared this before, but the scene in superman 3 where the sister gets sucked into the computer and turned into a robot gave me nightmares for years.
That reminds me of the Twilight Zone Movie, the one part about the kid who gets whatever he wants. The scene where it's revealed to the camera (but not to the protagonist) that the kid's older sister no longer has a mouth because she said mean things to him...

Yeah, it's super corny now, but to little GB, that was an image that stuck in my brain for years.

Ghostbusters 2. Yes, I know, I know. I was 4 years old (possibly just turned 5...) when I saw it in theaters, and that might have been just a tad too early. When I had to get up at night to go to the bathroom, I didn't dare flush the toilet or wash my hands because I was afraid pink goo would come out. I knew it was fake, but at night in a dark and creaky house....nope.

As a kid, ghost stories in That's Incredible were more scary than any movie I remember.
There are definitely better ways to get scared as a kid than movies. The worst I had was in sleepovers at parents' friends' houses when those friends had older kids who told ghost stories.

Not that I haven't done the same :D. Both my cousins believe in Krampus now as much as they believe in Santa Claus.

I'm not sure that's the right movie, since I'm pretty sure it was one of the Hercules movies, but "That 60's movie with Hercules and the giant crab" turned up too many hits.

--Patrick