Batman : Possible Batgirl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steven Soderburgin

I can't find this on any reputable site, yet. It's still early in the day, but I wouldn't give it too much credence until it shows up somewhere like Variety.

SeriousJay said:
http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2009/07/28/miley-cyrus-did-she-audition-to-play-batgirl-for-a-batman-film/

According to Hollyscoop.com, the "Hannah Montana" star reportedly "stunned" Warner execs during her audition, even dressing for the part in a "full batsuit."
I'm sure that she did.

I'm apprehensive... I wasn't huge on Heath Ledger but he make me regret my first choice words but... Miley Cyrus? Really?

:tumbleweed:
I wasn't originally enthused by Heath (until I saw the first trailer with him in it), but he also had a long established career demonstrating his acting ability.

Miley Cyrus really hasn't. Now, to be fair, Batgirl originally had a little bit of an immature little girl personality, but she also got over that pretty darn fast.

I swear to god, if they put Batgirl in those movies before Robin I'm going to have to kill someone.

-- Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 am --

Kissinger said:
I can't find this on any reputable site, yet. It's still early in the day, but I wouldn't give it too much credence until it shows up somewhere like Variety.
I agree. Pics or it didn't happen... :paranoid: what?

Robin was setup already in TDK with Gordon's son, so they should go with that :angry:
Also, he would be kinda half-batgirl in origin!

Buuut I read a while ago that Bale wouldn't be Batman again if there were to be a Robin...

S

Steven Soderburgin

Guys I also heard that Eddie Murphy was cast as the Riddler C/D?????

tegid said:
Robin was setup already in TDK with Gordon's son, so they should go with that :angry:
Also, he would be kinda half-batgirl in origin!
ugghhh. I would hate that. Dick Grayson's origin is so damn near perfect, they need to stick with that. Just change Ward to Adopt to fit with the times.

TeKeo said:
I wasn't originally enthused by Heath (until I saw the first trailer with him in it), but he also had a long established career demonstrating his acting ability.

Miley Cyrus really hasn't. Now, to be fair, Batgirl originally had a little bit of an immature little girl personality, but she also got over that pretty darn fast.
I know little of Miley's acting chops to be honest but I knew of Heath Ledger and was concerned that he wouldn't be able to deliver as the Joker considering he'd be always compared to say, Jack's Joker. When he passed away, I felt bad for him as I knew that that this guy gave it his all and when I saw the movie, he was absolutely amazing.

My concern is the addition of non-necessary characters to the new Batman franchise, I never was fond of Batgirl and I thought Robin was annoying. To be honest, Batman vs the World and new enemies is something I'd love to see.... let's just hope it doesn't pan out as Batman & Robin? :puke:

I have a lot of faith in Christopher Nolan's ability though, so whatever he'll direct, will be golden.

M

Mr_Chaz

The article even contradicts itself...

If there should be another "Batman" movie...
Cyrus auditioned for the role of Batgirl
That doesn't instantly put you off? The fact that she's "auditioning" for a role in a film that doesn't even exist yet?

Cajungal

Staff member
Charlie Dont Surf said:
Kissinger said:
Guys I also heard that Eddie Murphy was cast as the Riddler C/D?????
no phillip seymour hoffman was cast as the Penguin.
That would be kinda awesome. If this was a definite thing, I'd be worried. When I first saw "REPO," a watched a special where the creators talked about how Paris Hilton"dazzled" them with her voice in her audition... and she sucks. Some people are easily impressed.

People. PEOPLE.

TRUST NOLAN and ONLY NOLAN.

He's earned that much from you. So if he ain't talking don't listen.

Hasn't Nolan said he doesn't want to do any of the "kids" and wants to avoid creating the Batfamily that Schue...Shu...Shoemocker (that works) had going?

S

Steven Soderburgin

SeriousJay said:
lol, look at these two trolls get all worked up on a rumor.
I mean, I guess laughing at everyone who is giving this story the slightest bit of credibility could be called getting "all worked up on a rumor."

Bellygrub said:
Hasn't Nolan said he doesn't want to do any of the "kids" and wants to avoid creating the Batfamily that Schue...Shu...Shoemocker (that works) had going?
no you don't understand this rumor was on TWO(2) websites that sourced the information to each other so it's totally legit

They're right. This is only in gossip blogs. They're certain to create false stories just to get buzz going. Let's talk about something else to take our minds off of this.

Who do you think the villains will be in the next Batman film?

I

Iaculus

I hope it's the Riddler simply because that fake movie poster was so freakin' awesome.

filmfanatic said:
They're right. This is only in gossip blogs. They're certain to create false stories just to get buzz going. Let's talk about something else to take our minds off of this.

Who do you think the villains will be in the next Batman film?
Most likely Catwoman and Harley Quinn.

(Ridler or Bane I'm open to as well)

Charlie Dont Surf said:
SeriousJay said:
lol, look at these two trolls get all worked up on a rumor.
if I got all worked up and exhausted every time I made fun of something shitty you posted I wouldn't be able to get out of bed in the morning
Dude, what have you got against Jay? He saw something posted on a blog and threw it out. Sure it's probably speculation and not real, but it's something to talk about now, isn't it?

Here are the possibilities I see. We won't get every one, these are the parameters I foresee and the potential villains who can fit:

My guess is that Gotham City will call in some outside help to assist arresting Batman. For that, I could see either Bane, the Riddler or Prof. Hugo Strange.

With the fact that the mobs have essentially been torn apart, this might be a good opportunity to see some lesser-known characters as heading the new mobs. For this, I could see Harley Quinn, the Ventriloquist and Maxie Zeus.

Finally, as a third option villain, either Catwoman or the Penguin. For Penguin, he could have a legitimate front with the Iceberg Lounge and appear as a champion for bringing Batman to justice, while secretly working as a fencer and arms dealer to the new mobs.

filmfanatic said:
My guess is that Gotham City will call in some outside help to assist arresting Batman. For that, I could see either Bane, the Riddler or Prof. Hugo Strange.
This is entirely possible. I'd love to see Bane to play a part... maybe even include Talia al Ghul? There is a lot they can do with her considering that Batman killed her father.

SeriousJay said:
filmfanatic said:
This is entirely possible. I'd love to see Bane to play a part... maybe even include Talia al Ghul? There is a lot they can do with her considering that Batman killed her father.
Actually, I was thinking of it being revealed that Bane is actually a member of the League of Shadows, sent by Talia to finally bring the kind of justice which the League seeks to dish out.

A

Alex B.

As far as made-up stories go, this isn't even that creative. They basically just took Sean Young's Catwoman stunt and changed the names.

This was likely an attempt to see Cyrus up close and wearing a batsuit...

I don't see Nolan or Bale doing this. But, it could be possible that WB would want to do a kid friendly Batman Family spin-off.

A

Aisaku

Hmm I don't see them putting Batgirl before Catwoman.... and now that katie holmes/maggie gwenhall's character is out of the picture... I'm think it's very likely we'll see Selina Kyle on screen next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.