BananaHands and ElJuski Judge Your Pop Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
So, this thread is basically trashing this, that, and the other thing?

We get enough of that as it is from fade and Charlie.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Back on the hit list with you. That's like comparing a martial artist with a guy who just runs bodily into you, going "Booga booga booga booga" with arms flailing everywhere. Or comparing a sniper rifle with a nuclear bomb.

Headphone chatter started here, so here it stays...

So who is to blame? Patrick Norton for suggesting the Grados and head-fi.org? Drifter, for turning me on to the FiiO amp? All I know is my ears are happy, but my wallet has been sobbing in the corner for the last two months.

As I go for higher and higher end cans, I've been made aware of this little gem of an amp. Should drive nearly anything my budget can throw at it, including the AKG Q701s which are next on my wish list. I have zero soldering skills, so I ordered it preassembled and cased. 150 bucks, but compares favorably to amps costing up to 6x as much.

Headphone chatter started here, so here it stays...

So who is to blame? Patrick Norton for suggesting the Grados and head-fi.org? Drifter, for turning me on to the FiiO amp? All I know is my ears are happy, but my wallet has been sobbing in the corner for the last two months.

ElJuski

Staff member
I am highly disappointed in the lack of "frat boy/red cup" judging that I had expected from this thread.
Are you saying that we should be judging frat boys? Or that we are frat boys?

Because I hate proving you wrong time and time again

Because I hate proving you wrong time and time again
I've often wondered if you take secret pleasure in doing that, but I'm glad to know the record has been set straight.

Wait, isn't this whole thread dedicated to you telling people that they are wrong?

BananaHands

Staff member
Both, probably.
Christ, what are YOU doing here?
Added at: 16:20
But seriously folks, let's get back on topics.

Let's hear what TV shows you're excited to get back on the air so I can judge you accordingly.

Personally: Community (eventually), The Walking Dead (Now that they straightened the girl thing out, I'm hoping they move right on to the prison so we can get that ark), Mad Men and WHENEVER THE HELL VENTURE BROTHERS AIRS AGAIN. Seriously. They were cleared for a feature-length episode this next season. It's going to be great.

Christ, what are YOU doing here?
Added at: 16:20
But seriously folks, let's get back on topics.

Let's hear what TV shows you're excited to get back on the air so I can judge you accordingly.

Personally: Community (eventually), The Walking Dead (Now that they straightened the girl thing out, I'm hoping they move right on to the prison so we can get that ark), Mad Men and WHENEVER THE HELL VENTURE BROTHERS AIRS AGAIN. Seriously. They were cleared for a feature-length episode this next season. It's going to be great.
I personally haven't gotten my recent fix of incest/child murder/beheadings/gripping political intrigue since June -- so I'm looking forward to Game of Thrones season 2.

BananaHands

Staff member
Well, Eureka's one show I'm looking forward to returning, even if it's officially the last season.
I keep hearing that I have to watch that show. How many seasons is it at and is on Netflix?

I personally haven't gotten my recent fix of incest/child murder/beheadings/gripping political intrigue since June -- so I'm looking forward to Game of Thrones season 2.
oasidfhasodighasogb I'm reading the book right now just the hold off the withdrawals. Boardwalk Empire did a good job of holding it off, but now that it's finished...

I keep hearing that I have to watch that show. How many seasons is it at and is on Netflix?

oasidfhasodighasogb I'm reading the book right now just the hold off the withdrawals. Boardwalk Empire did a good job of holding it off, but now that it's finished...
I still have to watch that show and see the Phantom of the Opera in action... ;)

I just started Mad Men Season 4, so hopefully in a few more weeks I can get some Boardwalk Empire going.

Don't think it's on Netflix, but it's worth checking. There's...four and a half seasons, I think? I'll be the first to admit it's not the greatest show of all time. It's formulaic and hokey, but there's just something about that I love. Likely because it's nerdy as all heck. Plus, they take the idea of jumping the shark and basically make it a part of the show. Kind of like how Community does it.

BananaHands

Staff member
Don't think it's on Netflix, but it's worth checking. There's...four and a half seasons, I think? I'll be the first to admit it's not the greatest show of all time. It's formulaic and hokey, but there's just something about that I love. Likely because it's nerdy as all heck. Plus, they take the idea of jumping the shark and basically make it a part of the show. Kind of like how Community does it.

"Oh and for the record, there was an episode of Happy Days where a guy literally jumped over a shark and it was THE BEST one. "

Status
Not open for further replies.