Bad Whiteout Reviews Makes Me Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is indeed a shame. But, reading a review, apparently there is actually a scene where a character claims "He's been shot in the head!" while the camera is fixed on a corpse with a hole in it's head.
Writing fail.

This is indeed a shame. But, reading a review, apparently there is actually a scene where a character claims "He's been shot in the head!" while the camera is fixed on a corpse with a hole in it's head.
Writing fail.
Writers don't frame shots.[/QUOTE]
They do describe the scenes however. When writing for film you need to consider that your audience is actually going to be able to see and hear the scene that you are envisioning. If you write A loud noise is heard from outside and one of your character yells "I heard a noise!" then you have absolutely no faith in your audience being able to figure out things for themselves. Directors are just as much to blame if they film such scenes of course.

T

ThatNickGuy

Yeah, but it was done REALLY well in comic book form. Seriously, award winning and everything. Really great crime comic.

Reading some of those reviews, it seems like everyone agrees the concept was solid and could have been fine, but the execution was just awful. Whodunnit fans will hate it because any semblance of mystery is destroyed by cliched writing, plot narrative, and lame action scenes. Action fans will hate it because they have to sit through awful-ass writing to get to the lame action scenes.

Damn shame, loved the comic.

A

Alex B.

It's unfortunate, but not surprising - the trailers were pretty bad. I feel bad for Greg Rucka.

I had never heard of the movie or the comic. I mean, I guess I must have, but it never stuck in my mind. Was near my local comic book store today, so I decided to run in and have a look for it. After a few minutes of searching, I couldn't find it, so I consoled myself with the fact that I probably shouldn't be wasting money anyways. I turned around to leave the store and bumped into a standing rack of graphic novels.

Out from behind another book, without disturbing a single other comic on the rack, fell Whiteout. I laughed hysterically for a moment, and declared it a sign: the galaxy wanted me to read it. It's sitting on the couch next to me now. I will enjoy it this evening after supper.

Status
Not open for further replies.