AVG won't completely update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
It has happening for a few days, when AVG tries to update it downloads and asks to choose each updates want to activate, there is two files, one is the virus definitions and the other is a miscellanious with things like "e-mail pluggins" "user interface components", etc. Howevere, if I choose the later file, it fails to update, when I choose the other one, it updates properly.

I am still safe? Does the non-updated file sounds like it has important stuff?

M

Matt²

It's been my experience that once in a while a virus will specifically attack and disable AVG... other times their servers just go down altogether.. I'm not saying your computer IS infected, just trying to give you options as what to do.. you should be able to go to AVG's website and manually download the files and then load them into the program until the next update is out. I would run malwarebytes and scan the computer for anything that might be interfering.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
It's been my experience that once in a while a virus will specifically attack and disable AVG... other times their servers just go down altogether.. I'm not saying your computer IS infected, just trying to give you options as what to do.. you should be able to go to AVG's website and manually download the files and then load them into the program until the next update is out. I would run malwarebytes and scan the computer for anything that might be interfering.
I tried to download it, but the file is in .bin format and for some reason it is being readed by VLC

Status
Not open for further replies.