Export thread

Auto play with auto sound clips

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You know which one I'm talking about. No. Just NO.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

@Dave the China explosion one.

Dave

Dave

I saw it after I posted that reaction. I immediately knew.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's a reddit thing. Reddit auto plays, so the reddit embeds autoplay. The only thing that can be done about it is to not link reddit posts.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

This has destroyed my enjoyment of the Funny Videos thread right off the bat. Because not only do the original posts autoplay, but so do the replies.

So now on the very first page, you've got no fewer than five autoplaying videos all running at once. That's simply broken.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Agreed. I don't like autoplay, and I'm sorry I caused it :(

Dave

Dave

I wish there was something we can do about them but we can't. Only thing we can do is stop Reddit posts from posting and have to follow the link.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I wish there was something we can do about them but we can't. Only thing we can do is stop Reddit posts from posting and have to follow the link.
I think this might have to be the solution. Better to have to click the link to get to Reddit than having a thread full of videos playing audio.

drifter

drifter

Huh, didn't know this was a thing with Reddit. Whatever I have installed on my browser blocks auto-play, I guess. Or did I disable auto-play in the browser settings? Maybe both.

Dei

Dei

You can disable auto play in your Reddit settings, so that might be it.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You can disable auto play in your Reddit settings, so that might be it.
I found the setting, but the original posts were edited so now I can't test. :(

PatrThom

PatrThom

Huh. They don't autoplay for me, either.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

I also changed something in the mod settings that I *HOPE* fixes it for everyone. I have undeleted the post for testing.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My autoplay has been off. They still autoplay for me.
But only sporadically. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
Chewbacca didn't this time, for instance, but the quotes of my Family Guy and the "first day on the job" both did.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Nope. :(

(Chrome)

Dave

Dave

I have disabled Reddit in the media addon. This will have a BIT of an effect on past links, but not new stuff.

The link above is a test, but I'm fairly confident.