[Drawing] ART THING TWO: Portrait Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tend to do a lot of pose sketches that don't include facial features and now people are starting to call me on it. :I

Ah man!

I just realized we ditched the switch thing! I thought we were supposed to switch styles with someone else on the forum!

I could have done Dali!

Instead I did stupid Gusto. :(

Really. I'm thinking about you right now.

As I type this message.

Then I'm gonig to take a shower, at which point I'll probably think about Robert Downey Jr.

He said 'style you aren't comfortable with' which for me is Alphonse Mucha. Yes, that's who I meant LittleSin. He's probably one of the most well known art nouveau artists, you should check out his stuff. I find it insanely beautiful. And the details, just...phenomenal.

fade

Staff member
Dooood. I have an idea that's mildly amusing. It will cause many of you to smirk slightly.

North_Ranger

Staff member
WIP!! Myself in the style of MUCHA!!

More progress pic's to come I'm sure.
May I say... that picture is awesome :) I'm a bit of a Mucha fan, and your piece manages to pull off both the breath-taking beauty and airy lightness that I've seen in a lot of his work.

I'd ask you to do my picture, but "beautiful" and "airy lightness" just don't cut it with me :p

Zappit

Staff member
Riiiiiight. That whole "different style" thing. I forgot about that, too. Might just have to take another swing at this.

Well, I won't be at home tomorrow, so I'll be posting mine right now.

I got Allen who is Quiet and after conversations based outside the forums, I decided what I must do. I had to draw Allen as a karate master.

I originally wanted to try it as a Mcfarlane-esque style, but the man is far too talented for my hands.

Instead, I tried to go with an obscure way of shading/coloring/drawing(?) it. I don't know if it's just because I drew it, but it was very very hard to finally say "stop." I always want to change things and keep going, but I wanted to go with a less is more kind of feel for it.

I hope it worked..

Allen.png

Status
Not open for further replies.