ARGH! Moving is hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, things have been going well with me lately. New job, new guy, new puppy. We've decided to move in together, and I'm realizing exactly how much work it is! So I have a question for you Texan Halforumites (though I won't turn anyone's advice down). What are you using for electricity? I have reliant, but I'm not super happy with them. Also, what's a good quality, but not super expensive furniture place in the DFW metroplex? I know where there's an Ashleys/Rooms to go place, but they're both pissing me off. Anyone who helps wins one internet!

That's a thing right? Winning an internet? I'm behind on my memes....

Here I have an extra coupon laying around that is good for one internet. That way you wont be forced into playing into Shaw Coyote's little game. :p

Rooms to Go is moving into Texas with force. Looks like decent "early matrimony" furniture.

For power I tend to stay with they guys that actually own the generating station and power lines in your area. Because they are the ones that generally come out to fix outages anyway. Why add a layer of BS between you and the workers?

$20 a month.

Wait wait wait! Are you saiying you spend 20 bucks a month?! Also, I'm kinda hoping to go more green, and there's a TON of people who say they use wind energy, but won't give a %. I had hoped someone here is using one of them.

You win half an internet.

After reading the thread if you want to go green use Green Mountain I think they only purchase green energy (and they aren't too expensive either)

Perfect, you win 2 free internets. One of them will come equipped with Net Neutrality.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Hmmm... it appears that Green Mountain is not available at my new address.

So, things have been going well with me lately. New job, new guy, new puppy. We've decided to move in together, and I'm realizing exactly how much work it is! So I have a question for you Texan Halforumites (though I won't turn anyone's advice down). What are you using for electricity? I have reliant, but I'm not super happy with them. Also, what's a good quality, but not super expensive furniture place in the DFW metroplex? I know where there's an Ashleys/Rooms to go place, but they're both pissing me off. Anyone who helps wins one internet!

That's a thing right? Winning an internet? I'm behind on my memes....
I'm in Denton. We have municipal power that's cheaper than any of the commercial companies. When i lived in Lewisville, I used Green Mountain Energy. It was more expensive but it let my then-wife feel better about the environment.

As for furniture, we've picked up some decent pieces for a good price at The Dump http://www.thedump.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.