[Question] are eggs good or bad?

eggs are ___!

• Total voters
I could put a microwave on the output so the bits and pieces were cooked as they flew past. A salt shaker after that. Can't think of an easy way to remove bone shards and feather pieces though.
Just get a chipper that grinds it all fine enough and call it good. Added nutrients for growing boys.

I wish I liked eggs. I really do. The sound/ smell of them sizzling in the frying pan.... it seems like they should be delicious. But I can't stand them. Only way I'll eat them is when I'm really hung over and need the protein, and I get them scrambled and put so much hot sauce on 'em it frightens the other people at my table. Because I cannot have them taste like egg. That won't do.

Luckily, I'm allergic to egg white and shouldn't really eat them anyway so whatever. Or is it the yolk I'm allergic to? I always forget.

I wish I liked eggs. I really do. The sound/ smell of them sizzling in the frying pan.... it seems like they should be delicious. But I can't stand them. Only way I'll eat them is when I'm really hung over and need the protein, and I get them scrambled and put so much hot sauce on 'em it frightens the other people at my table. Because I cannot have them taste like egg. That won't do.

Luckily, I'm allergic to egg white and shouldn't really eat them anyway so whatever. Or is it the yolk I'm allergic to? I always forget.
Almost all egg allergies are to the white.

I loathe eggs.

I don't eat them by themselves, only as a mixed ingredient in a recipe. I don't eat them fried, boiled, poached, scrambled or any other way you can name to cook them.

I've never liked them, and honestly I'd rather be hungry than eat those things.

Eggs are great and so are bananas! Seriously I'm sick of the anti-banana diet ads, just pick a riper one if you're that worried. Thou
There's an anti-banana diet thing? Seriously? I can understand being anti-banana when it comes to the "miracle no-sugar added ice-cream!" bull-pucky, but anti-banana diet? Some people have way too much time on their hands.

Almost all egg allergies are to the white.
That's where the protein is, so that's where the allergies tend to be.[DOUBLEPOST=1410925732,1410925683][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's an anti-banana diet thing? Seriously? I can understand being anti-banana when it comes to the "miracle no-sugar added ice-cream!" bull-pucky, but anti-banana diet? Some people have way too much time on their hands.
Yes, because bananas are loaded with sugars, and sugars are eeeeeevil.

--Patrick

Can I claim that I'm part of the anti-banana diet crowd even if the only reason I don't eat bananas is because I can't stand the texture? 'Cuz otherwise I want nothing to do with this silly fad. Bananas taste awesome.

Necronic

Staff member
Bananas are disgusting.

DOWN WITH BANANAS.
UP WITH EGGS.[DOUBLEPOST=1410957269,1410957092][/DOUBLEPOST]
...stuff...
This is an even bigger problem with goats. Americans don't eat much goat meat, so there is no real use for the billy's, so they just kill them. I say its a bigger problem because goats are physically bigger.

This is an even bigger problem with goats. Americans don't eat much goat meat, so there is no real use for the billy's, so they just kill them. I say its a bigger problem because goats are physically bigger.
Which is a shame..I've had goat (at a South African restaurant in Dallas), and it's pretty tasty. If I could get it at the grocery store, I'd cook it several times a month.

I hate that the primary meat staples carried anywhere are beef, chicken, and pork. I'd love a lot more meat variety at the grocery store. I'd like to see goat, venison, emu, and even horse (though admitting that in Texas would probably put me in the middle of a gunfight).

Thankfully, lamb is starting to become slightly more common. You used to never see it in the store..now you can occasionally find chops and shanks. Though it'd be nice if you could find the cuts from the rest of the animal up for sale too.

Last edited:

Cajungal

Staff member
I eat eggs almost every day--My diet's pretty low cholesterol, so I don't sweat it when I consume half to a whole yolk each day. Usually have some for breakfast, or of not, they're boiled and thrown into a salad or made into a lovely frittata for dinner. So versatile.

Which is a shame..I've had goat (at a South African restaurant in Dallas), and it's pretty tasty. If I could get it at the grocery store, I'd cook it several times a month.

I hate that the primary meat staples carried anywhere are beef, chicken, and pork. I'd love a lot more meat variety at the grocery store. I'd like to see goat, venison, emu, and even horse (though admitting that in Texas would probably put me in the middle of a gunfight).

Thankfully, lamb is starting to become slightly more common. You used to never see it in the store..now you can occasionally find chops and shanks. Though it'd be nice if you could find the cuts from the rest of the animal up for sale too.
You might be able to find goat in latino/hispanic or maybe Caribbean-centric grocery stores. I used to see it in SoCal a lot even in regular grocery stores sometimes along with bison. I used to see lamb chops pretty commonly in NJ and not just around Easter. Venison...well, if you were in NJ I could possibly find some for you since my dad and a bunch of family friends all hunt. Maybe Whole Foods or another store like that would carry these meats.

Man, I love goat. I get that it can be tough, but that's what braising is for. Some of my favorite curries from Indian restaurants have been goat curries. Plus, there's the part of me that would love to buy a whole butchered goat and roast it rotisserie style for a family gathering. Or BBQ it. I bet smoked goat would be awesome.