Anyone use Direct 2 Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chummer

I'm thinking of getting a game or 2 from them.

Do you just DL an EXE that you use to install the game?

Is it a one time download? Or can I go back to the site and reDL things Ive paid for?

Can I move the original EXE (or whatever) that I DL to other PCs? Like I want to install the game on both my PC and laptop.

Thanks!

I've done D2D several times. I actually like it. And yes, you can go and re-download if you do a wipe. I've only had to do it once so I don't know if there's a limit.

Basically you download first THEIR download helper, then you download the program which then loads on your system with a code they send you.

It's pretty easy and VERY convenient considering all of the games are automatically CD/DVD free.

C

Chummer

Do you have to keep track of this code? Like write it down for future reinstalls?

Does the code work more than once?

Can I use the game on both my PC and laptop?

Chummer said:
Do you have to keep track of this code? Like write it down for future reinstalls?

Does the code work more than once?

Can I use the game on both my PC and laptop?
I didn't have to keep track. Since you have to log in it keeps a history of your purchases. I just clicked on one of my past ones and downloaded it.

Not sure about PC/Laptop. Never had a gaming laptop so I've never tried it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Good grief, the FAQ on their site is cagey:

Q: How many licenses or activations do I get?
A: All licensing has a limit to the number of simultaneous activation to protect the product. However our customer service will see to it that should you encounter a need for more licenses that you are accommodated.

Q: Can I put this on my laptop too?
A: In many cases Laptops do not have the proper hardware to run games. You'll want to check the minimum requirements for that before wasting a license on your laptop.

Anyone know if they've gotten better about timely updates? I seem to remember that you need to get special patches for their version of the game, and that they've lagged pretty far behind other versions in releasing that patch.

I have downloaded my copies of Neverwinter Nights 2 and expansions from them more times than I count. They are a pretty God damn good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.