American Gods : The movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing Hollywood, they'll remove all references to non-Christian deities, make all the characters kids and teenagers, and have it take place in a High School instead of a road trip.

If Gaiman is involved directly in writing/direction/production/whatever, it has potential. I don't trust Hollywood to not fuck it up, though.

C

Chibibar

You know it is going to be whitewash :) all main character will be white.

True story, though paraphrased:

Gaiman was actually approached by Hollywood about adapting Anansi Boys. But they had three things they wanted to change:

1) No mention of gods or deities.
2) It took place only in America.
3) The main characters must be white.

I read that on Gaiman's blog one time years ago.

True story, though paraphrased:

Gaiman was actually approached by Hollywood about adapting Anansi Boys. But they had three things they wanted to change:

1) No mention of gods or deities.
2) It took place only in America.
3) The main characters must be white.

I read that on Gaiman's blog one time years ago.
WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT, THEN?

Gah, the idiots in Hollywood baffle me sometimes.

My two favourite examples are Hellboy and Superman.

Del Toro was told by the Hellboy producers that they didn't want Hellboy to be from Hell, that he would change into that form similar to the Hulk...and that he would have a Hellboymobile.

And then of course, there's this, which made me grateful for what we got in Superman Returns:

Hm. Since this is one of my favorite books, I think I'll hate any movie adaptation. Not going to get upset about it though. If the movie/miniseries gets even a few people to read the book, then everything is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.