[Comics] Amazing Spider-Man comic ends, Marvel drinks SM fan tears. [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I mean, I don't expect it to be sunshine/rainbows/unicorn farts all the time, but the guy gets shit on all the time, and now he's dead. It's sad that Marvel's most iconic character is basically swept out in an old carcass while his egotistical arch-enemy gets the Flawless Victory.
That's what I'm talking bout. If wolverine can run a fucking school and be on every goddamn team in the marvel u, why could'nt peter parker have mj and a stable career? That teacher angle they had going was pretty nifty.

I mean all of NY can still hate him forever, but selling his marriage to the devil? Literally dying at the hands of his foe that is now going to take over his life?

C'mon son. It ain't gotta be like that.

Calling it:

The heroes will realize what's going on and try to do some kind of magic to bring Peter's soul back and put it back in his body while expelling Doc Oc. Something will go wrong though and they'll get the spirit of Uncle Ben. Uncle Ben will be spiderman for a bit until they can clone his body and try the thing again transferring Uncle Ben's soul into his new clone body and Peter's soul into Peter's body.

The death of Peter Parker is how they finally bring Uncle Ben back.

BananaHands

Staff member
Superior Spider-Man is at the end of Daredevil #21.

"I will find Daredevil... And I will CRUSH him."

He didn't really learn anything from the end of 700 I guess.

Do you mean the cartoon? In the comic universe, Speedy is part of Red Hood's Outlaws and isn't even old enough to have a child.

Superior Spider-Man is at the end of Daredevil #21.

"I will find Daredevil... And I will CRUSH him."

He didn't really learn anything from the end of 700 I guess.
They also open the latest Avenging Spider-Man with him super-villain-laughing about taking over Peter's body.

BananaHands

Staff member
Doesn't seem to get along with Wolvie either...

Still, I was thinking about how much I would have enjoyed this run if they kept Spider-Man a douche and Superior Spider-Man dealt with him slowly becoming more and more of a hero. So who knows.

I have to admit, I have this morbid curiosity in seeing Spider-Ock accidentally ruining the mister-nice-guy idea Marvel's heroes have of him by getting impatient/annoyed with others.

The only way this could get dumber is if it involved the Scarlet Spider at some point.
You do realize that the Scarlet Spider is back... and he's freakin' Kain...blech.

Honestly, Ben Reilly had such promise, other than the jazzercise costume. I wish they would have kept who was the real Spider-Man ambiguous and ran parallel books. They could have had a perfect person to live the single struggling life that they did One More Day for without sacrificing everything Spider-Man stands for and make a deal with the devil. Just make Ben the one who's single and struggling. But NO, they just had to kill him off and bring back Norman Osborne. Though, I did like him as the Iron Patriot and the subsequent Siege storyline, so some good did come of it.

Spider-Man and Wolverine were bros mang, what're you even saying. They even had a team up comic series pretty recently.

Scarlet Spider is neat-o, kickin all kinds of ass and doin his own thing in not NYC (Houston).

Also, Flash Thompson as Venom? That's pretty legit.

Fuck I don't even read comics like this but I guess I do?

That panel of Wolverine getting punched by Spidey made me think, "Hmm, doesn't Spidey have super strength in the range of being able to lift several tons? That's gotta hurt Wolvie, healing factor or not."

Then I remembered Wolvie getting punched repeatedly by the Hulk during World War Hulk, and managed to recover from that, and then all was well.

Spidey is definitely stronger and faster than Wolverine, so yeah, getting the jump on an unexpecting wolverine could put some hurt on him.

It wouldn't actually -harm- wolverine, because he's all but invincible, depending on who's writing him. I've seen him survive a goddamn nuke at ground zero in a comic.

Also, Flash Thompson as Venom? That's pretty legit.
I got the first two issues of this, and I'm not one hundred percent on it. It feels to heroic for Venom, the Venom I've known since I was a kid is this messed up psycho. And now Eddie Brock was probably killed by Toxin or something, I don't know its just weird.

And yeah, Spidey's mask's nose looks weird. Like the goggles though.

BananaHands

Staff member
I'm going to read Superior Spider-Man.

I dunno. It's unique and it's certainly going to change the dynamic with the one super hero who's always interacting with all the other Marvel characters.

I'm kind of keen on the Ultimate univers in the sense that they're killing off these big players, which is more refreshing than the same recycled characters and plots.

The Ock-MJ rape accusations are all over 4chan's /co/ board already, as Ock started working on getting her pretty much immediately after taking the body over.

I like Flash Venom, everything I've read has been pretty good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.