[Question] AMA Redux From the Great North Woods

Is it true that many that live in your general location don't believe that Texas get as hot as it does during the summer?

Carpet or hardwood floors?

Which monty python sketch is your favorite, and how much of it can you recite?

What's the worst injury you received, and how?

What's the worst injury someone else has received that you feel some responsibility or guilt for (warranted or not)?

Have you had any pets, and if so which one is the most memorable and why?

Carpet or hardwood floors?
Carpet. The reason (that I couldn't go into on my tablet) is that I have a cat with back claws. And, there was a discussion made by me and the wife five years ago about putting hardwood down in our condo. That was the day I found out my workplace was closing down. :(

Which monty python sketch is your favorite, and how much of it can you recite?
The Argument. (No it isn't! Yes it is!)

What's the worst injury you received, and how?
Broke my hand riding a bike when I was about nine. Even after 23 years of working in Corrections, worst thing was back pain (which has turned chronic).

What's the worst injury someone else has received that you feel some responsibility or guilt for (warranted or not)?
I accidentally dropped my then-fiancee one night when I tried to carry her piggyback. It's funny in retrospect, but it wasn't funny at the time...

Have you had any pets, and if so which one is the most memorable and why?
My last kitten before my current one. Named her for where she was found, and she came up here with us. She was a daddy's kitty.

Sent from my Nextbook on Tapatalk; Edited on my Gateway on Firefox

Last edited:
How long will your storm last?

Do you have to shovel or do you get a plot?

Coffee or tea?

Do you have a favourite holiday appetizer? (I can't wait for our Superstore to get all the awesome holiday ones!!)

What are your blizzard plans? New video game? Netflix?

How long will your storm last?
The Winter Storm Warning is in effect until 6 PM local (CST), but it's supposed to get windy and COLD tonight. Down to about -14F (which is REALLY cold this time of year).

Do you have to shovel or do you get a plot?
I'm in an apartment complex, so the landlords do it.

Coffee or tea?
I'm the coffee drinker. Wife prefers tea.

Do you have a favourite holiday appetizer? (I can't wait for our Superstore to get all the awesome holiday ones!!)
Hm, not really an appetizer type, but my favorite holiday-related food item is Chex Mix (Chex, pretzels, peanuts and such baked in Worcestershire sauce).

What are your blizzard plans? New video game? Netflix?
I'm pretty much just sticking around the house. There's a bit of stuff we need to do before a holiday party tonight for the wife's workplace, but we don't have to go far for it or to the party.

And I don't do Netflix.

I love Chex Mix. The last time I went over across to the states to shop with my dad, the only thing I brought back were Chex Mix. A lot of it :)
Yep. I know I'm in the minority, but mix up a batch and reduce the sugar a little bit and that stuff is awesome.

--Patrick

Yep. I know I'm in the minority, but mix up a batch and reduce the sugar a little bit and that stuff is awesome.

--Patrick
What sugar?

Ingredients
  1. 3 cups corn chex.
  2. 3 cups rice chex.
  3. 2 cups whole wheat chex.
  4. 2 cups mixed nuts.
  5. 2 cups bite-size pretzels.
  6. 2 cups garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular bagel chips.
  7. 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, melted.
  8. 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce.

What sugar?

Ingredients
  1. 3 cups corn chex.
  2. 3 cups rice chex.
  3. 2 cups whole wheat chex.
  4. 2 cups mixed nuts.
  5. 2 cups bite-size pretzels.
  6. 2 cups garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular bagel chips.
  7. 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, melted.
  8. 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce.
That's my point. Whenever I get Chex mix, it always seems like I'm at the house where someone has decided to add brown sugar to it or something.

--Patrick

That's my point. Whenever I get Chex mix, it always seems like I'm at the house where someone has decided to add brown sugar to it or something.

--Patrick
That person need to be taken behind the woodshed and taught a lesson. (not in a Cyanide and Happiness way)