Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alucard

Never thought I would be posting in here but here goes.

I applied to one of the local banks in my area and recently had a positive phone interview with them. The position for which I applied to is a Member Service Representative. The individual who interviewed told me they will contact me within a week.

Apparently they do a two week training program for new employees. What I'm asking here does anyone in this forum have a job that is similar to this? I like to know as much as I can.

Dave

Staff member
Dear BlackCat,

Although I don't work in that job nor have I, I did a quick search online and found this:

Position Description:
· Provides courteous service to members, always striving to increase member satisfaction with the level of service provided;
· Promotes services by offering a full range of financial products;
· Answers questions and handles requests for deposits, withdrawals and transfers;
· Identifies and fulfills members' financial service needs, including cashing and certifying cheques, processing bill payments, ordering cheques, buying/selling foreign currencies, processing member statements, selling travelers cheques and travel insurance, processing RRSP and term deposit transactions, assisting members in getting a debit card and online banking set up;
· Participates in the counting of large cash deposits;
· Assists with general office duties under the direction of the Member Service Officer, including keeping a tidy office and filing cheques.

Skills Required:
· Comfortable with Windows;
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
· Keen attention to detail; crucial when working in a near error-free environment.

It sounds like this is a bank teller style job. Just remember that you will be working with an amazing amount of oversite and everything you say and do will be recorded. It takes a while to get used to and if that bothers you this isn't the job for you.

A

Alucard

Ahh okay. No I'm fine with it. Just was curious as to the other responsibilities they do. Anyhoo thanks for the advice.

Dave

Staff member
I know that didn't really answer your question. More than likely you'll be at the front counter taking money, answering questions and having to push the promotion du jour for the management.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you "comfortable" with windows BlackCat? I mean, you don't have to know how to use it, just feel at ease when around it.

A

Alucard

Dude I've been around computers since Windows 3.1. I'm pretty comfortable around 'em.
I knew XP very well. I'm still getting around Vista though.

I'm also pretty comfortable around an Apple too since I've used that since my community
college days and we worked on them in my digital art classes.

I was actually joking about them saying "comfortable" instead of "knowledge of" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.