Abridged Shenanigans

GodDAMN I missed DBZ Abridged.

Gohan finally unlocking his power is one of my favourite moments in the series...and they actually IMPROVED on it. I'm blown away by how badass those last 2 minutes were. Perfect song choice.

Loved it. Though kind of suprised how serious it got. Yes it had some of the comedy beats, but it was way more subdued then say, the muffin button at the end of the frieza saga. I was expecting stuff way more outlandish. Not complaining though, I honestly feel they improved on some parts.

Loved it. Though kind of suprised how serious it got. Yes it had some of the comedy beats, but it was way more subdued then say, the muffin button at the end of the frieza saga. I was expecting stuff way more outlandish. Not complaining though, I honestly feel they improved on some parts.
They straight up have and it's part of the reason Toei isn't exactly happy with them.

So, some has been making a Gundam Wing Abridged series, and it's pretty good, even if the humour very subdued for an abridged series:

GasBandit

Staff member
Overlord Abridged Ep 1 (which actually covers something like 5 episodes in 20 minutes). It's pretty good, lots of funny reference humor. Too bad they still haven't made episode 2 yet >_<

"There's rice on your face!" almost made me spit out the drink I was taking.

GasBandit

Staff member
This doesn't seem an "abridgement" as much as a gag dub, but I do like how utterly unhinged they make GS. It's like they crammed a full plate helm on Mr. Torgue.

Also, turn on CC for additional humor.

I gotta say, as a long time DBZA fan, this was...really not good. It felt rushed, the timing on the humor was all over the place, the voice acting was inconsistent (Gohan sounded like Goku many times), and just...really didn't hit any marks for me. First time I think I've ever been completely disappointed by a DBZA episode.

GasBandit

Staff member
This doesn't seem an "abridgement" as much as a gag dub, but I do like how utterly unhinged they make GS. It's like they crammed a full plate helm on Mr. Torgue.

Also, turn on CC for additional humor.
Those madmen... they're still doing it. Here's Goblin Slayer Abridged episode 2.

Yes, even though it's 30 minutes, it's still technically abridged, as this covers episodes 2-4 of the actual series.

GasBandit

Staff member
Overlord Abridged Ep 1 (which actually covers something like 5 episodes in 20 minutes). It's pretty good, lots of funny reference humor. Too bad they still haven't made episode 2 yet >_<

"There's rice on your face!" almost made me spit out the drink I was taking.

So, getting episode 2 took nearly a YEAR.

GasBandit

Staff member
Those madmen... they're still doing it. Here's Goblin Slayer Abridged episode 2.

Yes, even though it's 30 minutes, it's still technically abridged, as this covers episodes 2-4 of the actual series.

Whoa, somehow I spaced on this... here's Goblin Slayer Abridged 3... and 4.

TeamFourStar won't be producing any more Dragonball Z Abridged. Full post on their Patreon (open to everyone).

It's pretty much all the reasons you'd expect. The passion for it is gone, not wanting to keep battling getting flagged by companies, etc. They'll do a video on this sometime soon.

i feel like ending on cell is fair, they want to have business relations with these companies, its to bad that the TOEI overlords couldnt see to let them see it to an end, but they also seem to say they really are done with it all so meh