A Christmas Greeting from Bill Maher

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like Bill Mahr taking what, at its core, could be a viable point about the dark side of consumerism and delivering the message like an uninteresting, whiny fusspot.

The point is a valid one, but Maher just really disdains Oprah. This clip, while maybe not on such a grand scale, could be from any daytime talk show.

His condescension works best when it's less pointed.

Pompous fucking windbag. And I suppose he gives all of his wealth and possessions to the poor? If I visit his mansion in Beverley Hills, will it be bare like a monastery? He's valued around 23 million, but I suppose he never buys things he doesn't need?

I agree that people can get greedy and lose sight of their priorities, but for him to pretend he's somehow above it all is a joke. Bill Maher is just as bad as any Fox News blowhard. He's a stupid self-righteous ass with a massive, undeserved ego.

And for the record Jon Stewart was 100% correct about him.

What he was trying to point out was the absurdity of people losing their shit over trivial material possessions, not damning the want to own them.

Could someone show me when/where Stewart took a shot at Maher? I'd really enjoy that.

He didn't really. At the DC rally, Stewart said the liberal talking heads were just as much responsible for the breakdown of political communication as the conservative ones. Maher was one of those who QQed over it and Stewart had a brief clip of it.

He didn't really. At the DC rally, Stewart said the liberal talking heads were just as much responsible for the breakdown of political communication as the conservative ones. Maher was one of those who QQed over it and Stewart had a brief clip of it.
Sorta. He said both sides were to blame, but during his interview with Rachel Maddow he was very specific in saying he wasn't trying to say they were equal. He just refused to say which was worse. ;)

P

Philosopher B.

I wonder how much dough Maher has
Added at: 12:47
Also, GATdamn, are those people on Oprah real or like what.

P

Philosopher B.

Holy tit-biscuits, yo. I guess he doesn't need any free swag, lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.