[Contest] 4th Annual Halforums Anniversary Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Okay. Here it is. I have the person/place/thing contest...but I ran into some monetary issues that are basically unavoidable. Let's just say the cash outlier could be anything from $1000 - 2000. So I have the contest but I have no prize to give.

So here are my questions.

• Do we want to hold the contest anyway just for fun?
  • Does anyone have something they want to donate as a prize?
  • In lieu of a physical prize, can you think of a different kind of prize or award for the winner?
I want to have a contest. I really do. If it does happen it will be next Saturday, December 1 at noon central time. This will allow all those across the pond to participate.
Thoughts?

I always end up coming into the contest late in the game, but I would love if it was held even for fun.

We should probably have the contest. If we can't do a prize, then we can't, but I'm sure someone is willing to chip in for something. Hell, Steam is doing it's August Sale... we could always toss someone something cheap from that.

How dare you not offer a prize for us on this contest that you don't even have to do on the forums that you host and moderate for free?

The nerve of some people...

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, that one always makes me giggle as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1354108041][/DOUBLEPOST]And we'll have the contest this Saturday. I'll be making an announcement.

Dave

Staff member
Correction on the date: It will be NEXT Saturday, the 8th. I should run these things by my wife before I post sometimes.

Dave

Staff member
Remember, THIS SATURDAY the 8th at 12 noon CST!

Fourth Annual Halforums Anniversary Contest!!

Rules are just as they have been in the past, with each user able to ask 1 yes/no question per hour. Figure out which Halforumite has hidden something, what it was they hid and where in the world they hid it! Remember, I will be answer the questions literally, so if something is North AND West of Acapulco, I will answer "Yes!" to the question, "Is the place West of Acapulco?" :devil:

I have decided to get a prize. It's cheap but it's a prize.

It's...The THQ Humble Bundle! Yes, I know it's Steam and not everyone has that. I'm sorry. It's just so easy to use and I don't have to go to the post office.

Games included are:

• Titan Quest
  • Saints Row the Third
  • Red Faction: Armageddon
  • Darksiders
  • Metro 2033
  • Company of Heroes
  • CoH: Opposing Fronts
  • CoH: Tales of Valor
Also included:
Soundtracks for most of the games in MP3 and FLAC format!
Questions will be asked in either the Shoutbox or Vent!
See you at noon!

Status
Not open for further replies.