4E technical question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose I have a hybrid barbarian/two-weapon ranger. I take the barbarian feat ''Hurl Weapon'' and the ranger Paragon Path ''Avalanche Hurler''. The first lets me use any melee weapon was a heavy thrown, and the second gives any thrown weapon an increase of one die size in damage. My question is, do both of these bonuses synergize and if so, do they work for some of the powers below? For example, Throw and Stab requires me to wield both a thrown weapon and a melee weapon, allowing me to do 1[W] damage with the thrown weapon and then make a charge for another 1[W] damage with the remaining melee weapon. Using a scimitar, would the first 1[W] damage be 1d10 instead of 1d8? (from the paragon path?)
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Magnar, level 11
Human, Ranger|Barbarian, Avalanche Hurler
Hybrid Talent: Ranger Fighting Style
Ranger Fighting Style: Two-Blade Fighting Style (Hybrid)
Hybrid Ranger: Hybrid Ranger Reflex
Background: Geography - Forest (+2 to Perception)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 21, Con 12, Dex 19, Int 9, Wis 14, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 10.

AC: 25 Fort: 22 Reflex: 21 Will: 18
HP: 85 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 21

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +14, Nature +12, Stealth +13, Intimidate +10, Perception +14

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +8, Arcana +4, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +5, Heal +7, History +4, Insight +7, Religion +4, Streetwise +5, Thievery +8

FEATS
Human: Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Hurl Weapon
Feat User Choice: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 2: Lethal Hunter
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Heavy Blade)
Level 6: Reckless Charge
Level 8: Two-Weapon Fighting
Level 10: Predatory Action
Level 11: Retreat Technique

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Twin Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Whirling Rend
Hybrid at-will 1: Throw and Stab
Hybrid encounter 1: Hurling Charge
Hybrid daily 1: Swift Panther Rage
Hybrid utility 2: Begin the Hunt
Hybrid encounter 3: Whirling Step
Hybrid daily 5: Bloody Throw
Hybrid utility 6: Instinctive Charge
Hybrid encounter 7: Surprising Throw
Hybrid daily 9: Furious Fling
Hybrid utility 10: Resume the Hunt

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Harmony Blade Scimitar +3, Charger's Headdress (paragon tier), Subtle Scimitar +3, Predator's Hide Hide Armor +3
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Seems to make sense to me. Have you taken a look at the character sheet and checked the Throw and Stab power after all of those character choices? It should reflect that to confirm.

Yea, that's the problem. It doesn't give me a breakdown of attack and damage bonuses. Does character builder just not support it?

I don't have a DM, this was just me fooling around with the character builder. I was just curious if there was a specific errata that limited it or just a bug in the CB.

Aren't hybrid characters new as of PH3? If so, Character Builder may not fully support them until all the non-preview PH3 material is available during [probably] the April update.

Status
Not open for further replies.