22" Acer widescreen LCD.. bought for $15 - now with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

Just bought this nonworking LCD monitor for $15 from Goodwill. One blown capacitor replaced (and one extra added in an empty identical spot next to it for good measure) and it's up and working again.. looks like I may have to play with the color / brightness a little, but it looks like a good monitor.. phase and all is good. Only problem? When I was disassembling it the top half of the plastic cover snapped in half. >< DOH!..

Oh well, THIS one's DVI port works (as compared to the last 22" I got).. question is now : What do I do with it? Sell it or keep it?! My home computer is screaming for it, but also need $$$....not sure if people will want to buy a monitor (even used/repaired) that has a noticeable black line (the case is grey, I used a black Sharpie on the edges, plus some hobby glue to repair that plastic break) at the top? Pics if need be..

Oh yeah, and max resolution is 1680x1050... JUST shy of 1080p! :p

J

Jiarn

22" Acer widescreen LCD.. $15 - now with pics

$15? I'd take it if I'm reading that right.

Get a pic with stand and all?

M

Matt²

22" Acer widescreen LCD.. $15 - now with pics

no, I meant I bought it for $15.. I'm thinking of selling it in the range of $120

The way electronics drop in price, is a good reason to avoid being a repairman.

Same thing with lawnmower repairmen. Lawnmowers are so low in price retail, no one wants to spend the $80 to repair a $125 machine.

C

Chibibar

I wasn't trying to bust your bubble Matt :) just saying that people might not pay for it as much as you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.