[MLB] 2023 Major League Baseball Season (MLB Thread)

WC: Giants over Mets, Blue Jays over Orioles.
ALDS: Boston over Cleveland in four, Rangers over Jays in an epic five game battle.
NLDS: Dodgers over Nats in four, Giants take Cubs to five games - and blow game five in the ninth.
ALCS: Red Sox take Rangers in six.
NLCS: In game one, Chase Utley will limp up to the plate in the bottom of the ninth and hit a game-winning homer off Aroldis Chapman for the win. The Dodgers will advance to the World Series in five games after Kershaw nearly no-hits the Cubs in game five.
World Series: Red Sox take the Dodgers in six.

The playoffs are set! The Giants somehow managed to limp their way into the playoffs. On the other hand, they played their best baseball of the second half over the last 10 games, and it's an even year...
Our only hope is that they are currently on their second wind like when they took it all from the wildcard the last time.

Our only hope is that they are currently on their second wind like when they took it all from the wildcard the last time.
I genuinely don't see the Giants winning it all. Their offense is wildly inconsistent, their bullpen is crap, and the starting rotation can only do so much. Still, it's nice they got this far.

I predict the Giants *might* beat the Mets, but if they do the Cubs will take them in 4. I see either the Cubs or Nats winning it all.

B

BErt

ROOTING POWER RANKINGS

1 Orioles
2 Mets
3 Dodgers
4 Blue Jays
5 Nationals
6 Indians
7 Rangers
8 Red Sox
9 Cubs
10 Giants
1 Cubs i guess why not?
2 Fuck
3 The
4 Rest
5 Of
6 You
7 All
8 Mother
9 Fuckers
10 Dodgers

...i really dont care anymore, fire ausmus, it's football season

*edited for Tress

"You will take the ball from me, when you pry it from my COLD DEAD HANDS" - Bumgarner to Bochy three seconds after Gillaspie's homer landed in the RCF bullpen.

WC: Giants over Mets, Blue Jays over Orioles.
ALDS: Boston over Cleveland in four, Rangers over Jays in an epic five game battle.
NLDS: Dodgers over Nats in four, Giants take Cubs to five games - and blow game five in the ninth.
ALCS: Red Sox take Rangers in six.
NLCS: In game one, Chase Utley will limp up to the plate in the bottom of the ninth and hit a game-winning homer off Aroldis Chapman for the win. The Dodgers will advance to the World Series in five games after Kershaw nearly no-hits the Cubs in game five.
World Series: Red Sox take the Dodgers in six.
Right so far.

How much money did you put down on all this?

That ending summed up the Giants' entire season.
Fucking bullpen can't hold a three-run lead for three fucking outs! :mad:

This was the first time I ever felt angry about being a Giants fan. That fucking bullpen cost them all season long, and now they put the final nail in the season's coffin.

And now it's on to the NLCS, there the Cubs' collapses have passed into legend. Leon Durham. Steve Bartman. Who will it be this time?
Like the Red Sox, I want to see the Cubs win one just so they don't have the fucking "curse" excuse to fall back on when they suck again.

Cheesy, rooting for the Cubs because they're playing the Dodgers is like rooting for Trump because he's running against Hillary.

Sent from my Nextbook

Cheesy, rooting for the Cubs because they're playing the Dodgers is like rooting for Trump because he's running against Hillary.

Sent from my Nextbook
No. The Dodgers can never win. That's one of the sacred tenets of being a Giants fan.

No, rooting for the Cubs is like rooting for the serial killer in the horror movie.

You have to understand: I have only two favorite teams. The Milwaukee Brewers, and whoever is playing the Cubs.

You have to understand: Fuck the Dodgers. Now and forever.

It's that simple. My favorite teams in baseball, in order, are:

1) The Giants
2) Any team playing the Dodgers at that moment.

And screw the Fox announcer who said that Kershaw " . . . is the best pitcher in the league, no one can argue that now."
Fuck you, he hasn't even BEEN to a World Series, much less have three rings and an MVP. He's not even the best pitcher in his division, asshole.

Last edited:
I had to think about that for a moment.

Only one problem: MadBum is back on his farm in North Carolina right now. Kershaw's pitching in the NLCS.[DOUBLEPOST=1476678780,1476678626][/DOUBLEPOST]Onto other things:

A Cleveland-Chicago Cubs World Series would be a harbinger of the Apocalypse, right?

No, rooting for the Cubs is like rooting for the serial killer in the horror movie.

You have to understand: I have only two favorite teams. The Milwaukee Brewers, and whoever is playing the Cubs.
You have to understand: Fuck the Dodgers. Now and forever.

It's that simple. My favorite teams in baseball, in order, are:

1) The Giants
2) Any team playing the Dodgers at that moment.
Guys, guys... look, if we need to agree on something, it's always okay to hate the Red Sox.

Man, f*** the Sox.

I'm not a big baseball fan but I think when people are talking about unlikeable teams, Yankees fans should keep their heads down and their mouths shut.