Export thread

2017-18 NCAA Basketball Thread

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Because we keep forgetting to make a new one when the season actually starts.

I don't have anything to add right now except Saturday's going to be very interesting 'round here. Just sayin'. :D

jwhouk

jwhouk

Don't mean nothin' in January. Talk to me at the end of February.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Don't mean nothin' in January. Talk to me at the end of February.
You're forgetting about the imperialism map...

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm glad that the college basketball one is guaranteed to coalesce into one team.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm annoyed that the "gif" of the map is really just a set of .jpgs run through a javascript thingy that isn't compatible with the media plugin here. But that's on them, not us.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Wow WVU has got some diverse territory.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Helps when the refs just decide to hand you a game you don't deserve.

BErt

I’m not surprised or upset anymore when the refs just straight up take a game away from Michigan. I’m out of fucks to give.

jwhouk

jwhouk

jwhouk

jwhouk

So. Anyone want to do a Tournament Bracket game?

Dave

Dave

I'd be down.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yahoo anyone?

https://tournament.fantasysports.ya...1/invitation?key=045eb3707647062e&soc_trk=lnk

Password is "gasbandit"

General Specific

General Specific

I'm in as well and even filled out my bracket already. Complete guesses.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Filled one out too. Didn't I win the last Halforums bracket? :D

General Specific

General Specific

I won the one before that, what's your point? ;)

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Just so we're clear that I won. In case, y'all forgot. :p

jwhouk

jwhouk

For the rest of you who just want to laugh at us as we bust brackets, the group link is here.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Got mine in. Its annoying copying it one by one from my other pool, but I refuse to do multiple brackets. Make your picks and then its ride or die.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I really don't know much about basketball, but I moved to the most basketball-crazy place. So, when in Rome.

BErt

My bracket is already doomed, I have the same final 4 as Obama

PatrThom

PatrThom

My bracket is already doomed, I have the same final 4 as Obama
THANKS DUKE

--Patrick

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I also picked Duke, as did probably 98% of the brackets.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Guilty as charged.

BErt

BErt

034A44C3-E980-4F98-9943-D6C8F2BD9394.jpeg

Dave

Dave

Two 12 seeds, an 11 seed, and a 13 seed all won. If you picked all 4 you are a genius. I had Iowa State getting to the Elite 8 so I'm pretty much fucked.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I got 14 of my Sweet 16 still in it. Only blew Nevada and Mississippi State. With the latter, I think I let my dislike for their first round opponent get the better of me.

BErt

I know Dawkins missed a dunk that could have sealed the game, and they *still* had a chance to win at the end, but what a trash end of game performance by the refs in the Duke/UCF game. Zion barrels over a dude, then leans into Tacko Fall to get him called and foul out. then Barrett shoves the guy on him for the missed FT rebound. And the announcers with the "Look at the courage by Zion!" on that drive. yeah wow such brave, very courage. To know that you'll get treated like a superstar from Duke with under a minute left in a game. Fuck Dook.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, at least my Final Four is still intact. And I got seven of my Elite Eight still around.

Dave

Dave

Same here.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

My bracket got killed in round one. From hero to zero. C'est la march madness.

BErt

Just an absolutely incredible game between Purdue and Tennessee. I dont even care that it blew up my bracket.

General Specific

General Specific

Well, my bracket is done. Thanks, Gonzaga.

jwhouk

jwhouk

On the minus side, my bracket's shot with only one of my Final Four making it, and my National Champion pick gone.

On the plus side, I called enough of the Elite Eight so I've clinched the win in the HF Tourney Challenge. :)

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Congrats jwhouk!
I think my bracket is the worst one i've ever done. My wife's work did a Sweet 16 bracket and she had me do it for her. I tried to warn her. I made some different picks from the HF one and I still managed to bungle that one too.

Dave

Dave

I had 15 of 16 in my work pool. I had 0 of the elite 8.