Export thread

2016-2017 NHL Thread

HFBOT

HFBOT

And breaking arena news, Consol Energy Center is now PPG Paints Arena. Yes, the Paint Bucket joke has already been made.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Sabres arena is now KeyBank Center. I was just getting used to First Niagara Center too.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Meanwhile, the Bridge keeps rollin' along.

Dei

Dei

RIP The Aud.
The Aud and the first whatever it is now center are two different buildings and the former hasn't existed for a while. >.>

blotsfan

blotsfan

I never got to go to the Aud :(

Dei

Dei

I never got to go to the Aud :(
I went to many a hockey game at the Aud, and some Disney on Ice and circuses thrown in as well. Also some indoor soccer.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I never went to Chicago Stadium.

And I, for one, am damn glad.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

LET'S GO THE GODDAMN NASHVILLE PREDATORS AND PK SUBBAN, AKA THE BEST HUMAN ALIVE

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Go Leafs! Win another draft pick!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Harrison Browne of the NWHL is the first openly trans person to compete in US professional sports.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/17727834/nwhl-player-harrison-browne-comes-transgender-man

PatrThom

PatrThom

Harrison Browne of the NWHL is the first openly trans person to compete in US professional sports.
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/17727834/nwhl-player-harrison-browne-comes-transgender-man
I thought that honor went to Renée Richards?
(didn't read your article link, it's blocked here at work)

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sorry, meant team sports.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I hate life

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Leafs are finishing Top 6 this year! In draft lottery.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Matthews has two goals in two shots.

In related news, everything is awful.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Three goals. Three shots.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Four goals. I know nothing but pain.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Sorry, after this, it can only go downhill.

blotsfan

blotsfan

You don't have to try to cheer me up.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

4 goals and we lost! Stop it! I can only get so happy.

jwhouk

jwhouk

On this date, 18 years ago, the NHL was introduced to the goal song that permanently put "Brass Bonanza" to shame - and it was, ironically enough, first played against the team formerly known as the Whalers (aka the Carolina Hurricanes).

That song, of course, is...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hey all 3 of the top 4 draft picks who played last night got their first goal. I like this youth movement.

BErt

*whispers* okay, maybe Detroit fans were too quick to hate the Vanek signing

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

i'm gonna be honest, I DO know what it is about those Predators scorin' that I like and love and also want some more of. it's really simple - i like them scoring since the team that scores the most goals wins 100% of games and stanley cups.

ANYWAYS finally opening night is here and hockey season can officially begin. I just found my mustard sweater in the exact same place it landed when I got all pissed and threw it sometime during the last Preds game.

jwhouk

jwhouk

P.K. SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Toews is a crybaby. ;)

Sent from my Nextbook

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I might like Ottawa now. They are playing Doctor Who pump up music.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Will Matthews get benched if he can't get out of this slump?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hope the coach stresses to the kids not to celebrate beating a team that is down its two best players. Next match vs Boston will be much different.

Timmus

Timmus

Nice of them to clear up right away that it is in fact going to be that kind of year.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Nice of them to clear up right away that it is in fact going to be that kind of year.
But you missed the best part! It remained 1-0 until almost the very end, and then during the shoot out, Vancouver some how managed to body check the referee!

Covar

Covar

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Hurricanes this year. 4 games in at NHL .500, averaging just over 3 goals a game. If this team can settle down and stop giving up 3 goal leads they just might have a shot.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I have a new strategy. I go to sleep after the second period and assume everything will be okay.

jwhouk

jwhouk

A summary of why the Predators lost last night:

:puke:

jwhouk

jwhouk

Here, DA, have some chicken soup. ;)

Sent from my Nextbook

jwhouk

jwhouk

Jusse Saros became the ninth Predator goaltender to win a game for Nashville with that win.

Think about that for a moment. This team has been in the NHL since 1998 - and only nine men have won games in net for the team.

Timmus

Timmus

Jusse Saros became the ninth Predator goaltender to win a game for Nashville with that win.

Think about that for a moment. This team has been in the NHL since 1998 - and only nine men have won games in net for the team.

and only on their second headcoach too right?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yep.

Meanwhile, Predators fans don't want to look at the scoring leaders for the Montreal Canadiens right now...

Timmus

Timmus

Yep.

Meanwhile, Predators fans don't want to look at the scoring leaders for the Montreal Canadiens right now...

PK's been doing allright though hasn't he?

blotsfan

blotsfan

jwhouk

jwhouk

What, did Eichel get hurt again?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hypothesis: the performance of teams against the Leafs will predict the Stanley Cup contenders this year .

blotsfan

blotsfan

What, did Eichel get hurt again?
You wound me.

But no, we pulled a Leafs and blew a 3 goal 3rd period lead.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

You wound me.

But no, we pulled a Leafs and blew a 3 goal 3rd period lead.
Hey! That's only happened in 4 of our 6 games!

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's only October.

It's only October.

It's only October.

It's only October.

Timmus

Timmus

It's only October.

It's only October.

It's only October.

It's only October.

It's only October. :facepalm:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Why did they get rid of Trots again?

Nice thing about the Weber trade is we get more Preds coverage now.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Why did they get rid of Trots again?

Everyone got extremely antsy about the not scoring goals stuff. I would have been fine keeping him forever, but I see why they went the Laviolette way.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's not Trotz we miss. It's Korn.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

:eek: Columbus!

Covar

Covar

Those Nashville sweaters would look a lot better with a different logo.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I have no problem with them. :)

Covar

Covar

They're very yellow. Something about the logo just makes it that much more contrasting.

Things I think about while waiting for the canes to score.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Oh for Fucks sake Kadri!

Wish the scrum hadn't cut the fight short. Kadri needed the beating.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Was that Kadri that ran Sedin?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Was that Kadri that ran Sedin?
Yeah, right to the noggin. It's 5-2 and everything is going your way, you just play out the clock. Don't take cheap shots.

Bah no further discipline.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Kadri will never be able to show his face in Vancouver again, though.

And he might not exactly want to do any international tours of Sweden anytime soon, either...

Timmus

Timmus

Yeah, right to the noggin. It's 5-2 and everything is going your way, you just play out the clock. Don't take cheap shots.

Bah no further discipline.
Thanks for not taking the players side in cheap shot just cause he plays for your team. Respect.

blotsfan

blotsfan

When we get through with getting rid of Evander Kane, can we ship out piece of shit Robyn lehner too?

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1151357

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hypothesis: the performance of teams against the Leafs will predict the Stanley Cup contenders this year .
I'm just saying!

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm just saying!
Shut up.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Can't. I'm saying.

See: LA, CHI, MTL, PIT, TB vs TOR

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

See this is why I hate the Toronto Maple Leafs, or more precisely the fucking Leafs focused hockey media in Canada.

I just learned today that Mike Fisher has played over 1000 games.

And only because it involved Ottawa giving him recognition tonight.

Yet he earned his silver stick last year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yep.

Glad we got a split in the province of Ontario, though.

An off-the-cuff question - who'd you rather be: Mike Fisher or Justin Verlander?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

An off-the-cuff question - who'd you rather be: Mike Fisher or Justin Verlander?
This is a legitimately difficult question. I like Fisher, like hockey, he's from my neck of the woods (like less than an hour from my home town), but I really don't know much about Verlander. Not a fan of the nude pics thing in general, or baseball, but he seems nice I guess. So this really boils down to, are the pro's of Upton enough to overcome the pro's of Fisher, or do the Con's of Underwood outweigh the Con's of Verlander?

May have to think about it some more.

Yesterday's tweet though was pretty fucking hot.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yes, the question was essentially, "Do you want to wake up next to Carrie Underwood, or Kate Upton?"

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yes, the question was essentially, "Do you want to wake up next to Carrie Underwood, or Kate Upton?"
Well that question is extremely simple. Kate Upton. no discussion required.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Boo! NHL changes all star voting rules to avoid the fun from last year happening again.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm glad. The John Scott thing was fun but it doesn't need to happen every year.

blotsfan

blotsfan

The Vegas Golden Knights. Stupid name, but cool logo.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Paging a certain Golden Knight of our own...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Also...see what happens if you make a typo and go to www.vegasgoldonknights.com

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I just don't see this team making it. I give 'em 10 years in Vegas, then relocation to a larger city, I would love to see them in Houston.

Also, last team to use "Golden" in their name... California Golden Seals. Can't find 'em now.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Houston will never have a team as long as Les Alexander is alive. He owns the only arena and hates the NHL.

Covar

Covar

Maybe they can beat Navy next season.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Houston will never have a team as long as Les Alexander is alive. He owns the only arena and hates the NHL.
Houston Sports Authority owns the Toyota Center, Les Alexander isn't even on it's board of directors.

Covar

Covar

I just don't see this team making it. I give 'em 10 years in Vegas, then relocation to a larger city, I would love to see them in Houston.
Just as long as it's not a geographic contraction.

We'll have to see how they do cultivating a local fanbase, but I can see Vegas doing well at the gate because of visiting teams. Go see your team play away and have a Las Vegas vacation. I imagine there will be travel packages with tickets included at some point.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

They're right over here. More or less. Short version: moved to Cleveland, Merged with Minnesota, moved to Dallas.
And, therefore supporting my want of them moving to Houston. See, it's like history repeating itself!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Tonights game is a game plan for Leafs fans this year.

:);):awesome::rolleyes::confused::mad::):(:facepalm:

jwhouk

jwhouk

They're right over here. More or less. Short version: moved to Cleveland, Merged with Minnesota, moved to Dallas.
Missed a step.

1. Moved to Cleveland.
2. Merged with Minnesota.
3. Un-merged to become the San Jose Sharks.
4. ???
5. Profit!!!

jwhouk

jwhouk

99 years ago today (November 26, 1917), a bunch of men met in a hotel room in Montreal to decide how they could cut one of their fellow owners out of the professional hockey picture, while striving to keep the game going during a wartime environment.

What emerged was the National Hockey League.

blotsfan

blotsfan

In his first game of the year, Jack Eichel has 1 goal and 1 assist in the first 10 minutes.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Pekka Rinne is the first Pred in history to be named player of the month.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm not one to overreact but I'm pretty sure Jack Eichel is the greatest player in NHL history.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Did they boo Vissy?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Every time he touched the puck. I didn't though. He was 100% up front with us of his intentions. I don't blame Preds fans for booing him though.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Ah, I don't know if we'll ever remember Vicksy.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Real Deal back in Music City. :)

blotsfan

blotsfan

The saga of the "Las Vegas why-cant-we-just-call-this-team-the-aces" Knights continues.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2016/12...k-application-denied-bill-foley-nhl-expansion

jwhouk

jwhouk

That is complete BS.

jwhouk

jwhouk

So - to pass the time over the ice plant problems, they played... solitaire on the Jumbotron?

Edit: I see the issue wasn't resolved in time. Dang back-to-backs. This one might be interesting when they finally try to reschedule it.

Covar

Covar

And all the cards bounced around, that got a good ironic cheer from the crowd.

They showed it in between running all the bumpers they had for the game, and impromptu player interviews.

blotsfan

blotsfan

David Legwand has retired.

@jwhouk, you'll remember him for his long tenure with the Preds, but I'll remember him for this beauty.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh, I can think of about a dozen better goals that he's scored than that one, my friend...

blotsfan

blotsfan

You're welcome @jwhouk

blotsfan

blotsfan

The player being hit is Jimmy Vesey. He was drafted by the Predators and chose not to sign with them when he finished college, even though he had stated that he would.

PatrThom

PatrThom

The player being hit is Jimmy Vesey. He was drafted by the Predators and chose not to sign with them when he finished college, even though he had stated that he would.
I was referring more to the fact that what I see is a big empty space filled with "Embed this video [<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 75.000%;"><iframe src="e" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe><script async defer src="https://v.embedcdn.com/embed.js"></script></div>] Copy" which probably means the board's Streamable plug-in is malfunctioning, at least for me.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

We know how to do shootouts. :)

blotsfan

blotsfan

So @jwhouk...That was quite a game.

jwhouk

jwhouk

*SIGH*.

BErt

Ok Predators, you're ok by me

jwhouk

jwhouk

Krazy Kyle knows how to goad opponents... and their fan bases. :D

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Mike Illitch has passed away at 87. I always liked him.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Mike Illitch has passed away at 87. I always liked him.
I'm not headed across the state today, or else I would see what's going on. The guy had his fingers in a lotta pies.

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

HOE
LEE
SHIT

Habs just named Claude Julien head coach.

Jay

Jay

Long time coming for Therrien.

blotsfan

blotsfan

But how can Julien coach Montreal if he isn't Quebecois?

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm just surprised Therrien lasted as long as he did.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

WTF Vermette?

jwhouk

jwhouk

It sounds like that was a "not thinking" category play.

Feel for Nyquist.

Denbrought

Denbrought

This was a very good read: Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark by Corey Hirsch (92-06 NHL)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Former Milwaukee Admirals goalie, back in the IHL days.

Mental illness sucks.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I call fake news. It doesn't include his one attack on an elderly gentleman last year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Forsberg's slumping. He only scored one goal with two assists today against the Capitals.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Wheeee! We've lost 14 straight to @#$%@$%@#$%@

PatrThom

PatrThom

Wheeee! We've lost 14 straight to @#$%@$%@#$%@
To what? Epilepsy?

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Wheeee! We've lost 14 straight to les Habitants.
FTFY for the hockey impaired.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Ouch.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Fuck NHL refs so much

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Fuck NHL refs so much
What ever are you talking about. The referees in the Boston Game last night were as unbiased as possible.

:awesome:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'll just leave this here...

BErt

25 years and it's over. I guess everything ends eventually. Shut up @jwhouk

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

jwhouk

jwhouk

Tomorrow is probably going to be one of those "character games" that they always talk about.

If we get a point from the Blues, we're in the playoffs.

If we lose, we can plan on maybe four games against the Blackhawks and hitting the golf course before Spring Break.

If we win, third in the Central is essentially ours - and that matchup with Minnesota looks more and more enticing every day.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Last report from TSN was awake and alert in hospital.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Story of the Nashville Predators franchise: biggest game of the year, and we crap the bed.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Only 1 more point needed!

jwhouk

jwhouk

And if the Leafs go 0-2-0, I will personally laugh heartily.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

And we will all laugh at you when they get 1 point in their final game.

blotsfan

blotsfan

It would make me so happy.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It would make all of us happy.

And if Ottawa were to crap the bed in the same manner... swwoooooonnnnn[DOUBLEPOST=1491436041,1491435965][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and my condolences on that Cup defense, @DarkAudit...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Kyle Okposo is in the Neuro ICU and it sounds like the doctors don't really know whats wrong. When asked, the Sabres' coach has said that they're very concerned about him. Fucking scary.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The hell is going on with all these damn late season injuries?

jwhouk

jwhouk

That gust of wind that we in the States just felt coming from Canada was the Leafs clinching a playoff spot.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Mutter grumble...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

That game had drama!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

That game had drama!a waaay less than full strength Pens squad.
Fixed. :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to the Pens for the last, what? 3 months?!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I just saw that and I don't like it one bit. Toss the coach for not being able to be successful with bad management decisions.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Yep, that's the case. I was just so disappointed in them this year.

jwhouk

jwhouk

(GMGM steps to podium)

"The Vegas Golden Knights are proud to announce the hiring of their new head coach, Lindy Ruff..."

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

WSH, MTL, PIT, OTT

CHI, ANA, MIN, EDM

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ouch.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Washington in four.
Montreal in seven.
Columbus in six.
Ottawa in seven.

Minnesota in six.
Anaheim in six.
Edmonton in seven.
Chicago (sigh) in five.

jwhouk

jwhouk

That's one.

Timmus

Timmus

Might be too early to say but how hilarious would a MTL NSH final be?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Huge bigly win! Great effort by both sides, and seriously though Fuck the Refs.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Assault now rates just a one game suspension. Grrr.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Guys you can all jump on the Leafs bandwagon now! With the win last night, the Leafs have just cancelled the scheduled Chris Brown concert in Washington next week.

A great day for every one!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Assault now rates just a one game suspension. Grrr.
I thought they didn't suspend crosby at all.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Don't look now, but Pekka Rinne has more post-season points than the entire Chicago Blackhawks team.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Don't look now, but Pekka Rinne has more post-season points than the entire Chicago Blackhawks team.
dartguy.jpg

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

2016 1st round had 7 OT games total.

2017: 9 and counting!

C'mon Nashville jump on the OT train!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You okay there, @jwhouk? :D

Bruins lose, Caps lose, Hawks lose. A Great Day for Hockey indeed.

Timmus

Timmus

So many potential sweeps this year.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The Columbus Dispatch canceled their plans to distribute a Crying Crosby mask for Sunday's game. Penguin fans did not forget...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Seven goals in San Jose.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Washington in four.
Montreal in seven.
Columbus in six.
Ottawa in seven.

Minnesota in six.
Anaheim in six.
Edmonton in seven.
Chicago (sigh) in five.
Nope. :p :D

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So nobody gonna talk about Buffalo?

Jay

Jay

You're welcome Nashville.

Timmus

Timmus

Something tells me he won't mind being wrong.

BErt

Suck a hundred dicks, Chicago

blotsfan

blotsfan

So nobody gonna talk about Buffalo?
Glad Bylsma's gone. Surprised Murray is gone.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

KER-BLAMMO...

jwhouk

jwhouk

You're welcome Nashville.
[DOUBLEPOST=1492792680,1492792586][/DOUBLEPOST]
KER-BLAMMO...
You will notice he was laughing about it on the bench.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

OH SHIT!

Guys tune into the Leafs Caps game tonight! Like right now! Kadri just knocked Ovi out of the game with a greasy looking hit.

This could get ugly.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

[DOUBLEPOST=1492792680,1492792586][/DOUBLEPOST]

You will notice he was laughing about it on the bench.
Yes, yes I did. The reddit thread I found it on was all about how everyone knew it was a good, clean hit and just kept on playing.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Justin Williams, ladies and gentleman. Doing his part to make sure the apocalypse doesn't happen.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Prozac, baby.

blotsfan

blotsfan

All is right with the world.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

18 overtimes so far...
but no game sevens

go Rangers and Nashville I guess?

jwhouk

jwhouk

All is right with the world.
Amen. Armageddon has been delayed for another year.

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

jwhouk

jwhouk

#WinForFiala

Timmus

Timmus

Hell of a game from Subban today.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Jay

Jay

Hell of a game from Subban today.
Absolutely, go Preds.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

John Buccigross *not* laid off today. Under contract through July, and that's all we know.

So we've still got the Overtime Challenge through the finals.

Timmus

Timmus

Also Vern Fiddler and Cam Fowler have last names that are super appropriate for their respective teams. Can anyone think of any other players this applies to?

Timmus

Timmus

Far be it from me to tell someone else their business but the Blues might consider watching their point :p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Snrck, Milbury.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Stars get 3rd overall draft pick out of the lottery, what will we waste it on this year....?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Meanwhile, Buffalo yet again loses the #1 overall pick.

Timmus

Timmus

Meanwhile, Buffalo yet again loses the #1 overall pick.
To be fair Colorado is the team that really got hosed.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Timmus

Timmus

Way to go preds. Mess up whoever you meet next round!

Jay

Jay

GO PERDS!

PK Subban all the way baby!

jwhouk

jwhouk

:D

Bandwagon's wide open, y'all.

Timmus

Timmus

Bandwagon's wide open, y'all.

Always like em just fine so long as they weren't playing my Canucks.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Well, Preds eliminated my last preferred team, so I guess that I'll pull for them.

jwhouk

jwhouk

A few things:

1. "Fang Fingers" are what we do before power plays. Yes, it's contrived and everything, but the sight of seeing people doing what are essentially air quotes with their fingers while the opening strains of the Psycho theme plays is amazing.

2. "I Like It, I Love It" is always sung wrong by a Predators fan. We will, in perpetuity, sing, "Don't know what it is 'bout the Predators scorin'" whenever it comes on the radio/net stream/whatever.

3. Yes, our arena is a half-block from the Ryman, and cross corner from the Country Music Hall of Fame. We don't seem to care.

4. You will hear the letters "RV", "LS", and "JoFA" a lot. They refer to various players on our team. We love 'em.

5. 71 percent of the earth's surface is covered by water. The rest is covered by Pekka Rinne.

6. Catfish on the ice >>>> Octopus on the ice.

7. Yes, that is "Gold on the Ceiling" you hear after ILI^2 plays. It's our substitute for Gary "Chester Molester" Glitter.

8. Our captain's wife is prettier than your captain's wife. And she can sing a little, too - unlike the wife of that guy who just won the Super Bowl.

9. We continually thank Martin Erat for demanding a trade.

10. Great twitter follow: https://twitter.com/Ellis4Captain. You'll love it, trust me.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ahem. There are still a few other teams with forumite fans here. :p

Vrii

Vrii

Go Sens!

blotsfan

blotsfan

My hatred of Milan Lucic is what's sustaining me.

jwhouk

jwhouk

One step at a time, my Sidney-loving friend. First, we gotta get past the Quackies or the Oil.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Go Preds/Rangers!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I will cheer for them if Edmonton falls.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm only getting phone updates on tonight's game. I don't wanna turn on the TV or look at twitter or reddit tonight. WTF, man? :cry:

jwhouk

jwhouk

Two words for you: Game Seven.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Two words for you: Game Seven.
Two more words... Matt Murray.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Two more words: Braden Holtby.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Poor Ovi.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Poor Ovi.
Nope. Double nope. Still has never gotten past the second round nope. :p

blotsfan

blotsfan

Oh man, Crosby vs Neil. Both thugs, but I guess Crosby makes an effort to hide it. They deserve each other.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Go Sens and Preds! Cup needs a new home!

blotsfan

blotsfan

My rankings of who I want to win the cup:

1) Preds
2) Ducks
3) Pens
4) Senators (despite what I said last night, I hate Chris Neil so much)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The postgame thread in r/Caps from last night is fucking brutal.

BErt

jwhouk

jwhouk

DUCK SEASON!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

WABBIT SEASON!!

Wait, this isn't that thread...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Catfish season?

Senator season? (well one of them just quit so maybe...)

BErt

...so we're all rooting for Nashville at this point, yes? Well, except @DarkAudit and @Mathias I guess.

I just think it would be hilarious if they won the same year they got Subban. Would Montreal burn to the ground?

jwhouk

jwhouk

I'm just happy to be here, personally. :D

jwhouk

jwhouk

Number nine. Number nine.

PS: @DarkAudit - thanks again for James Neal. :)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Looks like it's about to get very interesting in here.

ETA: Just looked at r/hockey. I didn't mean THAT interesting. Here's to a speedy recovery for Johansen. Scary stuff.

Jay

Jay

One more, go SMASHVILLE

jwhouk

jwhouk

So, where were you when Silfverberg's stick snapped?

jwhouk

jwhouk

The most awesome twitter feed of all time is, bar none, Captain Ryan Ellis (@Ellis4Captain).

No, Ryan Ellis is not the Predators' captain. He wears the A, not the C. The twitter feed is pretty self explanatory.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

@jwhouk must be at work tonight. That's the only explanation for the lack of massive happy dance in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jwhouk

jwhouk

Sorry, I just got off the phone from a friend of mine in Nashville. I couldn't hear her, because the noise coming from her end, and she couldn't hear me.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[DOUBLEPOST=1495512693,1495512325][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and her consensus was: Bring on Crosby.[DOUBLEPOST=1495513272][/DOUBLEPOST]

Timmus

Timmus

And Nashville gets a couple more days to regrow their center depth.[DOUBLEPOST=1495595048,1495594969][/DOUBLEPOST]

Sorry, I just got off the phone from a friend of mine in Nashville. I couldn't hear her, because the noise coming from her end, and she couldn't hear me.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[DOUBLEPOST=1495512693,1495512325][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and her consensus was: Bring on Crosby.[DOUBLEPOST=1495513272][/DOUBLEPOST]
reusing last years duck hunt picture?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Gnash put up a new one this year. I don't have access to the link at the moment.

EDIT: Here it is:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

BErt

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

[DOUBLEPOST=1495771216,1495771100][/DOUBLEPOST]It's already over for the Preds. They wouldn't touch the Clarence Campbell Bowl...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Wait so now you are supposed to touch it?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Wait so now you are supposed to touch it?
Crosby didn't touch the Prince of Wales Trophy in 2008, and they lost to Detroit. The next year he decided "screw that," and picked it up. Pens won. Last year, he did the same and the Sharks wouldn't touch the bowl. Pens won.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Oh btw, an American team has won the Stanley Cup.

Doesn't feel as good as normal as they were eliminated by the least-likeable team in the league (and that includes Chicago).

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

PK is a hot dog player.
Kessel eats hot dogs.
Case closed.

jwhouk

jwhouk

This just in: The Tennessee DNR has confirmed that Penguin Season has begun in Davidson County, between May 29 and June 14, if needed.

Sidney is a sissy.

Fleury is a GREAT BIG SIEVE.

Malkin wears yoga pants.

Go Predators.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

If the Pens win Matt Murray will have won two cups as a rookie.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We has banner for rafters.

The Preds did it without a single #1 overall draft pick, and only two top five picks in the last 20 years. In fact, the Preds average first round pick has been 10th or later.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I like the idea of the Preds winning, but I just can't shake that it feels wrong without Weber and Trotz.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I keep thinking Trotz is short for Bryan Trottier, and that Barry is maligning the name. :p

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hey, I don't care, he's not our coach anymore.

The Habs management wanted PK gone, and they dropped an offer GMDP couldn't refuse. Personally, I think that's why we finally got to the Final: Poile got over the regret he had over the Stevens trade and it worked.

All I know is, if circumstances permit, I'mma gonna finally be able to plant one on the big silver shiny thing. :)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

All I know is, if circumstances permit, I'mma gonna finally be able to plant one on the big silver shiny thing. :)
So you plan on coming to the parade on Grant Ave. this year? :trolol:

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

So you plan on coming to the parade on Grant Ave. this year? :trolol:
It doesn't matter what team wins that thing, it gets paraded somewhere near me every year. Often in so many very small parades, like the one in my grandfather's town, where the Cup was placed in his lap as he sat in a lawn chair in his front yard.

I actually think it would be harder to see the thing if the Leafs won it (ha!)

jwhouk

jwhouk

All I can say right now is: Is it Monday yet?

blotsfan

blotsfan

No, but my sources say it will be sometime this next week.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You know, should the Carolina Hurricanes manage to make it back to the playoffs next year, that would mean the NHL team with the longest drought between playoff appearances would be...

...the Buffalo Eichels.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Yeah, but it'd only be 7 years. Does it really count as a drought if its less than double digits?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

No, no, no, Softball Sunday, then Hockey Monday.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

It doesn't matter what team wins that thing, it gets paraded somewhere near me every year. Often in so many very small parades, like the one in my grandfather's town, where the Cup was placed in his lap as he sat in a lawn chair in his front yard.

I actually think it would be harder to see the thing if the Leafs won it (ha!)
A Pens player married my neighbour (growing up) and brought the Cup to our street.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Ah-HA! The truth comes out!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ah-HA! The truth comes out!

And that was the weekend my parents were away, and I lived far away by then. Apparently it was quite a big party for our street.

By familiar relations I should be a Buffalo fan, as my sister once dated the best friend of a Sabres farm team back up goalie for a while.

blotsfan

blotsfan

By familiar relations I should be a Buffalo fan, as my sister once dated the best friend of a Sabres farm team back up goalie for a while.
Sounds reasonable. Welcome to the club.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The Penguin who married my neighbour;

Matt Cooke.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's a Hockey Night in Pittsburgh, @jwhouk! Here's a little something for your pregame entertainment...

jwhouk

jwhouk

Cute.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Fuck offsides challenges.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ow.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yinz c'nall shuddup.[DOUBLEPOST=1496106629,1496106593][/DOUBLEPOST]
I now officially know how you feel.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yeah that was a giant sinkhole moment.

Jay

Jay

Love how you can call back literally 40 seconds of hockey because some pixels can't determine if the blade was on the ice or not. Pens got the puck back on that play, they lost it then it led to goal.

These challenges suck, they're there to determine shit if the puck went in or not under the goalie or if the goalie was interfered with on the play. Off-sides? Fuck off, why hire linesmen then?

To me it felt like, "we don't want to down a goal, let's challenge", and literally sucked the wind out of the sails. GAME SUCKED.

It's the FUCKING FIRST GAME OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS IDIOTS

Also, Rinne, stop sucking.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

If it's the rule, then it's the rule. It doesn't change just because it's the finals.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Pittsburgh police charge the catfish thrower.

Guy on r/penguins has the right idea. 30 days community service, served non-consecutively. Serve them on Preds playoff days. So he ends up missing a minimum of two years of playoff games, probably more.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Pittsburgh police charge the catfish thrower.

Guy on r/penguins has the right idea. 30 days community service, served non-consecutively. Serve them on Preds playoff days. So he ends up missing a minimum of two years of playoff games, probably more.
We have the 8th amendment for a reason.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Charges dropped on Catfish Guy

Carrie Underwood called him "her hero."

:)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

14 down, two to go!

jwhouk

jwhouk

You know that I'm not one to cuss, but in this case, I'll make an exception.

Fuck you and the refs you've basically bought off.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You know that I'm not one to cuss, but in this case, I'll make an exception.

Fuck you and the refs you've basically bought off.
Goes both ways. The GDT in r/penguins was full of bitching about non-calls and various Preds beating up opponents with impunity.

And it's even now. Both teams have had a goal overturned on an offsides call. :p

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Ooops, possibly a little early on your celebration there.

I think that tonight is more of a .....

kind of night.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

That's just one. Ain't there yet.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I like it.

I love it.

I WANT SOME MORE OF IT.

By the way? Nashville is now undefeated as a franchise in the month of June. :)

BErt

I told you I'm rooting for Nashville, but man... @jwhouk ? The catfish? Really? C'mon...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I like it.

I love it.

I WANT SOME MORE OF IT.

By the way? Nashville is now undefeated as a franchise in the month of June. :)

Cool! And they could finish with a winning record also!

3-2 :troll:

jwhouk

jwhouk

I told you I'm rooting for Nashville, but man... @jwhouk ? The catfish? Really? C'mon...
Look, I'm for a one-a-game thing, but we have a bunch of rednecks on the bandwagon that don't know better.

I actually PSA'ed a "report them if you're in the arena" message on Twitter last night after the third one.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I missed the game, was it entertaining?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh, bleep you, you lying sack of hobo. You're Canadian. It's practically a requirement that you want the Stanley Cup Finals or be ostracized by the rest of your male social circle.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I was running a Scout camp all weekend, didn't even have cell phone service.

No phones, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Even Gilligan heard the roar when the Preds whipped the Pengys.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Best of three.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Best of three.

Home ice advantage. :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

All we have to do is win one game at the NuGloo and there goes that home ice.

Jay

Jay

Shouldn't be a 2-2 series, Nashville has been the better team.

Hoping they take game 5 and win at home in game 6.

It would be nuts.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I declare this the official song of the Stanley Cup final.

Kinda weird that Nashville only wins the games I don't watch.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You are not allowed to watch any more of the Stanley Cup finals, then.

No matter how much DA bribes you.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You are not allowed to watch any more of the Stanley Cup finals, then.

No matter how much DA bribes you.
There is no bribe fund. There's barely even a fund fund. :cry:

jwhouk

jwhouk

Dear Mr. Balsillie:

blotsfan

blotsfan

I can't wait for someone to give crosby the finishing blow he deserves.

jwhouk

jwhouk

@HCGLNS - you're watching the game, aren't you?

STOP WATCHING THE GAME.

Jay

Jay

When Rinne has an off game... he has an OFF GAME.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

A lot of people stopped watching the game...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

@HCGLNS - you're watching the game, aren't you?

STOP WATCHING THE GAME.
I didn't turn on the TV until it was over!

This may be one of those home win only series with a dramatic OT in game 7! Please please please please please!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I didn't turn on the TV until it was over!

This may be one of those home win only series with a dramatic OT in game 7! Please please please please please!
Kessel scores the cup winning goal and the GTA media spontaneously combusts. [emoji48]

PRAISE BE

BErt

Is Pekka Rinne even a goalie anymore? Jibbers Craps.

jwhouk

jwhouk

World class goaltender allows three goals in 20 minutes, gets pulled.

Backup who hasn't played since APRIL comes in and allows three goals in 40 minutes.

/headdesk /headdesk /headdesk

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Watching game 6! Lets go Nashville!

blotsfan

blotsfan

Another game, another instance of terrible refereeing to help the penguins.

Covar

Covar

Shame about that botched call. Decided the game and that's terrible.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Don't forget the refs giving game 1 to the pens as well.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

jwhouk

jwhouk

Another game, another instance of terrible refereeing to help the penguins.
I now know how you feel.

:Crying:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

From the man who brought you the Haters Guide to the Stanley Cup Finals, comes this response to his prediction biting him in the ass...

drifter

drifter

Posting this because it's a pretty neat design

jwhouk

jwhouk

That damn call back in game one doomed us. Might as well have had Doc say on NBC, "Well, the fix is in against the Preds."

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yeah, calls like last night make you shake your head in a blender.

I like the idea of Fisher retiring with the cup.

Jay

Jay

Absolutely horrible call..... and not the first in the series.

The first goal of the entire series and the first goal in an elimination game? Come on. Both were deciding factors and make the NHL look like a gong-show.

People will remember this just like Hull/Buffalo.

I have been watching hockey a long time and this is the worst reffed final I have ever seen and it's not even close. Bad calls have gone both ways but the biggest definitely against the Preds.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Need I remind you the Preds went 0-4 on the PP, including a 5 on 3 in game 6. The Penguins never had a PP last night.

If all it took were a couple of disallowed goals to "doom" you, or as I heard on another board, have you "backs broken," were you really up to the pressure? If it were one game for all the marbles, I might have more sympathy, but this was a series where Nashville gave as god as they got for a fair amount of it. You forced the rest of the league to take you guys seriously from now on. You can do better than whining and excuses.

Covar

Covar

If Pittsburgh had managed to win by two goals in game 6 I bet there would be a lot less "whining" but let's not pretend that the pens didn't win the cup off a goal that should have tied the game.

Nashville will never be taken seriously by an unfortunately large amount of hockey fans, even if they had won the cup, just because of geography. Every sport has their elitists, but the hockey fan base is one of the worst and if they had their way the sport would be even smaller than it already is today.

Jay

Jay

Need I remind you the Preds went 0-4 on the PP, including a 5 on 3 in game 6. The Penguins never had a PP last night.

If all it took were a couple of disallowed goals to "doom" you, or as I heard on another board, have you "backs broken," were you really up to the pressure? If it were one game for all the marbles, I might have more sympathy, but this was a series where Nashville gave as god as they got for a fair amount of it. You forced the rest of the league to take you guys seriously from now on. You can do better than whining and excuses.
Because having 1 sure goal disallowed allows the Preds to get favorable calls all night? Fuck off. You need to remind me jack all, I watched the game.

And your response to me is inadequate, I'm not a Preds fan but I enjoyed their run immensely. You responded to me like I'm some fucktard fanbois when in fact I was looking at it in the perspective as a hockey fan, which you evidently aren't. The refereeing was atrocious the entire series and in the end Pens never got a couple of goals disallowed, both that opened scoring in their favor, both that led to losses.

Call it what you want and the more you defend it the more the detractors will be adamant about it.... and rightfully so.

Lastly, enjoy the sprinkles of "Disagrees" I'll be sending your way. You lovely person you.[DOUBLEPOST=1497358801,1497358451][/DOUBLEPOST]
If Pittsburgh had managed to win by two goals in game 6 I bet there would be a lot less "whining" but let's not pretend that the pens didn't win the cup off a goal that should have tied the game.
Doesn't matter, the goal decided the game regardless on how articulately people will pen it. It was a definite goal. Whatever happened afterwards is an alternative timeline where Refs felt bad and gave Preds favorable calls all night long, didn't give Pens jack shit when they should have. Pens didn't have to open up to get back in the game, Preds couldn't shut the door since they still needed that go-ahead goal, etc.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Not worth a response. Just a report. Grow up.

Jay

Jay

Not worth a response. Just a report. Grow up.
I found this nice button called Disagree, I just used it to emphasize my point. Works wonders. Thanks for showing me it earlier.

PS: Did you really think responding to a comment that way would have gotten you roses thrown your way?

Is Report a way of saying you require a "quick whistle?"

Dave

Dave

1. Yeah, the disallowed goal was a fucking travesty.
  2. Dez Bryant fucking caught that ball and Dallas should have won.
  3. Tom Brady fumbled that ball.
Shit happens. Revel that your team won and know that those whose team lost have a legitimate bitch.

In the end it means nothing either way.

blotsfan

blotsfan

• Dez Bryant fucking caught that ball and Dallas should have won.
No he didn't. Do people really still think this?

Dave

Dave

:admin:

Gared

Gared

1. Dez Bryant fucking caught that ball and Dallas should have won.
Y'know who I feel bad for? Leon Lett. That poor, poor bastard.

Jay

Jay

Looks like a legit catch to me.

Dave

Dave

Y'know who I feel bad for? Leon Lett. That poor, poor bastard.
Nah. They won the superbowl that year. But the catch that was overruled cost them a playoff win. Fuckin' refs.[DOUBLEPOST=1497360413,1497360255][/DOUBLEPOST]
Looks like a legit catch to me.
It's the start of the "football move" bullshit. It used to be the ball can't hit the ground and move AND the ground can't cause a fumble. So it's amazing how rules on the fly - like the Brady "tuck rule" bullshit - have an effect on the entire league.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Nah. They won the superbowl that year. But the catch that was overruled cost them a playoff win. Fuckin' refs.
I'm like 99% sure that was just cited as a way of taking a shot at me.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Why are a bunch of Americans raging at each other over hockey?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

What the fuck is going on in this thread? Why are a bunch of Americans raging at each other over hockey?
Don't ask me. I got shit all over and I wasn't even talking to the dude. Might be time for them to reassess their life if that's all it takes for them to start spewing profanities at someone.

I'm going back to bed to reassess if this is still a place I want to hang out in. I didn't deserve that and I don't have to take it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Because we love the sport. And the spoiled rich kids from Yinzerville won the Cup despite the refs giving them all the breaks and ignoring it when their "star player" tried to play pile-driver with our #1 defenseman's head.

I don't think I'd want to win the Conn Smythe Trophy anymore. Not knowing that Cindy touched the thing.

Jay

Jay

What a horrible call.

What a shitty way to lose. Just look at this fluke goal deciding the game.

There is no guarantee that the Predators would have won Game 6 on Sunday if Colton goal hadn’t been waved off. Preds sure would have liked to try, though... and were ROBBED OF IT in a 1 goal game.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Because we love the sport.
Sigh. My joke was poorly executed. So let's try another!

If y'all love the sport that much, where are the riots?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Sigh. My joke was poorly executed. So let's try another!

If y'all love the sport that much, where are the riots?
Is that even a canadian thing or just a vancouver thing?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Is that even a canadian thing or just a vancouver thing?
Montreal riotted the last time they won.

If y'all loved hockey the way we love hockey, y'all'd be rioting in Nashville and Pittsburgh

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, we threw garbage onto the ice, does that count?

In other news: I am going to start the Century thread to close this one out.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I started this thread, I'll close it. Because no Sideshow Bob wannabe with anger management issues is gonna run me out of here.

That's right. Phil Kessel is a back to back Stanley Cup Champion. And there's not a damn thing r/hockey or r/NHL can do about it. The Cup has been raised, the parade has been held. So now We're gonna take the cup down to the river and PARTY ALL SUMMER!!

blotsfan

blotsfan

The like was about you not leaving. Not the pens winning the cup.

Though I must admit, I like Kessel.

Jay

Jay

I started this thread, I'll close it. Because no Sideshow Bob wannabe with anger management issues is gonna run me out of here.
This again? Keep telling yourself I'm the one with anger issues if that makes you sleep better.

Summary : There was no attempt to run you out of here, you took that ball and went home with it. I called you out regarding your bullshit attitude towards other forum members and you taking that spanking like a chump isn't my problem. You lacked respect towards others and I brought you up to speed, savvy?

Blame me for your woes if that makes you happy but be noted several other forum members privately informed me they appreciated my intervention. So take that for what its worth.

Word of the wise, sending me a PM days after this fiasco happen saying pretty much "WTF is your problem" won't get much of a response from me.... but hey, I didn't blow a quick whistle and called in an admin.

Jay

Jay

come_at_me_bro.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

I have not seen this picture used this way before, and I think it is hilarious in its blasphemy.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Mathias

Mathias

Yo! I didn't get a chance to comment, but fuck all the haters. BACK TO BACK STANLEY CUP CHAMPS BITCHES!!!!!!

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's a good thing you weren't here earlier. I would have cussed you out, too.

(Psst: it was a GOOD GOAL.)

Covar

Covar

What's sad is they probably could have one the cup again without the help from the Zebra's.

I get to pick my games and seats for next season in a couple of hours. Going to try and get the Golden Knights game, just because they're the only NHL team I haven't yet seen in person.

blotsfan

blotsfan

just because they're the only NHL team I haven't yet seen in person.
Huh. I kinda want to make my list now and see which (if any) I haven't seen. I've only been to 1 non-Sabres game so I'm sure there are some west teams I haven't, but when I was a kid my dad would take me to a lot of games vs western opponents because they'd be cheap.

Covar

Covar

Huh. I kinda want to make my list now and see which (if any) I haven't seen. I've only been to 1 non-Sabres game so I'm sure there are some west teams I haven't, but when I was a kid my dad would take me to a lot of games vs western opponents because they'd be cheap.
My goal this year is to start picking up the team pucks each game I go to that I don't have. I'm kicking myself for not doing that back when I was attending a lot more games.

blotsfan

blotsfan

After thinking about it, I these are the teams I can't remember seeing in person:

Vancouver
Calgary
St. Louis
Detroit
Carolina
Winnipeg (unless you count the thrashers)
Columbus
Vegas
Minnesota

The fact that Carolina is on this list is pretty amazing to me. Only team that's been in the east for my entire hockey fandom.

Covar

Covar

After thinking about it, I these are the teams I can't remember seeing in person:

Vancouver
Calgary
St. Louis
Detroit
Carolina
Winnipeg (unless you count the thrashers)
Columbus
Vegas
Minnesota

The fact that Carolina is on this list is pretty amazing to me. Only team that's been in the east for my entire hockey fandom.
If you ever want to make it out to Raleigh I'll gladly go to a game.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I still believe that they need to add a caveat to video review: if, in reviewing a play for whether or not an offside or other infraction was not called, a change in possession of the puck occurred, then nothing prior to that change of possession shall be reviewable.

In short, if the linesman blew an offside call, and the puck was turned over in the attacking zone, then the offside becomes non-reviewable.

blotsfan

blotsfan

If you ever want to make it out to Raleigh I'll gladly go to a game.
From what I've heard, I'll be right at home at a Sabres-Canes game.

Mathias

Mathias

It's a good thing you weren't here earlier. I would have cussed you out, too.

(Psst: it was a GOOD GOAL.)

They blew the fuckin whistle. Thems the breaks! It happens. Too bad, so sad! The parade was awesome!