2010 Vancouver Olympics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoot Canada into the Womens Curling Finals! More Cheryl Bernard, moar I say!

Also Finland won the bronze in womens hockey! Sweden has gone from best result possible four years ago to nothing in Olympic Hockey.

Looking for Finland to continue the trend on Friday against the US. Canada gold, Finland silver, Slovakia bronze.
No no! I don't want to hear that prediction! I want a rematch for Gold, in which we will be dominated by the USA like we were in the first place.[/QUOTE]

FTFY >.>

Whoot Canada into the Womens Curling Finals! More Cheryl Bernard, moar I say!

Also Finland won the bronze in womens hockey! Sweden has gone from best result possible four years ago to nothing in Olympic Hockey.

Looking for Finland to continue the trend on Friday against the US. Canada gold, Finland silver, Slovakia bronze.
No no! I don't want to hear that prediction! I want a rematch for Gold, in which we will be dominated by the USA like we were in the first place.[/QUOTE]

FTFY >.>[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of the Russians crying.

How do you dominate a team by getting outshot 2 to 1? Miller won that game, Brodeur lost it, snip snap snout.
Yeah, I'd hardly call that dominating. Outshot 44-18 and winning by 2 (one because of a pulled goalie) is not dominating, its being incredibly lucky.

However, 7-3? How's that feel Russia? You faired only MILDLY better than the Germans.

Thought folks might like this.

Nate Silver, known better for calculating ridiculously accurate election results and tearing apart politically-shaped statistics, has been running a medal count projection using consensus projections across the media and 3rd-party betting odds.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/search/label/sports

Currently projecting the US to win the final medal count by 4, but for Canada to win the gold medal count by 4 or 5.

Well Canada will play for gold in both men and womens curling, is currently winning the gold medal game in womens hockey and based on last night, looks to be playing for gold in mens hockey. 3/4 guaranteed medals for Canada, most likely gold in all 4.

Now Now, I was just altering text in an amusing way, no need to go all Canadian Hockey Rage on me!

D

darkangel6988

I'm watching the figure skating.......I hope Joannie Rochette comes in 3rd........So sad that her mom died. I'll be glued to my tv all night.......I don't get curling at all !

That was good hockey messed up by weird refs. Half the time they were whistling like a construction site, the other half couldn't call a cab.

Still one more Gold for Canada!

Gold in Women's Hockey and a Bronze for Rochette. Figure Skating may not be a real sport, but thats still a real medal added to our growing collection. And, seriously, now she can finally rest a bit and grieve. I can't imagine how hard this has been for her.
Currently projecting the US to win the final medal count by 4, but for Canada to win the gold medal count by 4 or 5.
I'll take that.

P

Philosopher B.

One year off the drinking age, big whoop. Also, it's a shame Scotty Lago had to leave Vancouver over the medal-biting thing. Damn, whaddaya expect people in their teens and twenties to do when they win fricking Olympic medals.

Though granted, it might have been a better idea for the Canadian team to celebrate off the ice.

Vitulla päähän...

Icehockey USA-FIN. Less than 10 minutes into the game.

Score: 3-0

Ei tätä selvinpäin voi kattoo...

9 minutes into the U.S./Finland game and U.S. is already up 3. Not looking good for Finland.

Damn sniped!

C

Chazwozel

I'm willing to bet that it's gonna be US-Canada in the Gold medal game while Finland and Slovakia for the Bronze.

I'm willing to bet that it's gonna be US-Canada in the Gold medal game while Finland and Slovakia for the Bronze.
Looks that way, I'm gonna spend my first free night since these God damn Olympics started getting blitzed at the bar watching Canada Slovakia tonight.

We're coming for you.

And Csnada is now in the lead for gold medals!

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

I heard that it was because one of the players was underage.
She is of age in her home province and in the province tthe team trains in. Just not in BC.

I was at the US-Finland game, got tired fast when nothing happened in the second period, and everyone loved it when Finland scored in the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.