[Movies] 2000AD's Official Dredd Sequel Petition

Listen up Earthlets! Tharg has heard your cries for a sequel to the thrill-fest that was 2012's Dredd and as such 2000AD/Rebellion have organized an official petition to get a sequel made.

tinyurl.com/dreddsequel

So do your civic duty and sign the petition so that we can can get more Carl Urban as Mega City One's toughest lawman, and remember, failure to sign is punishable by up to 5 years in the iso cubes.

In this day and age, wouldn't a Kickstarter be more effective? Studios will respond more to a monetary commitment from an audience. See Veronica Mars movie.

From their Facebook page

We've been getting a lot of messages and posts about using KICKSTARTER to fund a Dredd sequel. Sadly, this won't work and here is part of the email directly from DNA Films regarding it:

"I’m afraid that the financing structure of major feature films is so complicated that this is currently not a realistic approach for a project like this" (end quote)

So, there you have it. The only way we can get a sequel is by continuing to buy the film, spreading the word and signing the petition:www.tinyurl.com/dreddsequel

Think of buying the film as your donation to the cause and as the money you would use for a Kickstarter project.

Well Dredd and Veronica Mars are not from the same production studios, and the Veronica Mars movie is barely being funded by the kickstarter, it's really a $2 million show of faith to WB. The important take away here is that 1) Rebellion has looked into such a thing, and 2) They are in contact with DNA Films in regards to this petition and a sequel.

SO KEEP SIGNING PETITION DROIDS!

Dave

Staff member
Reopening this thread specifically for Charlie, whom I think will find this interesting. Actually, I think a lot of you will, but Charlie likes the behind the scenes stuff with movies.

It's from Adi Shanker, who produced Dredd. He explains how the sequel can be made.