Zip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit!

I'd almost say it was shopped because that didn't put the traffic off nearly as much as I thought it would.

IT'S A FAKE!!!

or not. I'd think the traffic would have come to a complete stop after that happened. Then again it is only about a 3 second loop.

B

Batdan

I think it's a fake. If you look, the black car that runs in front of him hits the brakes really fast. Faster than I would think reaction speed would be. Either this is a set up or the tape is sped up.

Batdan said:
I think it's a fake. If you look, the black car that runs in front of him hits the brakes really fast. Faster than I would think reaction speed would be. Either this is a set up or the tape is sped up.
Or the black car could just be a defensive driver. When I pass through an intersection, I tend to look to see if any cars are approaching with no intent to stop.

B

Batdan

Ravenpoe said:
Or the black car could just be a defensive driver. When I pass through an intersection, I tend to look to see if any cars are approaching with no intent to stop.
In traffic that heavy? If I stopped like that in Dallas I'd get rear ended. (Possibly San Francisco too)

:rimshot:

It looks like there might have been a collision there. See how the wild driver has to swerve back onto the road after passing through the intersection? He's almost on the sidewalk on the right side of the road. Looks like he got tapped, can't tell if the puff of smoke is from exhaust or impact.

If it was 'chopped, then whoever did it is good. The youtube version with the pedestrians is more interesting.

-Adam

B

Batdan

stienman said:
If it was 'chopped, then whoever did it is good. The youtube version with the pedestrians is more interesting.

-Adam
Because you can see that the tape is obviously sped up. Look at how fast the people are walking across the screen.

K

kaykordeath

Looking at the pedestrians, it looks like, yes, it may be SLIGHTLY sped up, but that doesn't make it any less of a close call. You can see the confused/shocked reactions when they re-appear from behind the truck...And the pedestrians aren't flying by, so I'd say it's possibly 1.25X speed, maybe 1.5, certainly not double speed.

P

Pojodan

I remember having a long winded argument over this video on a different forum back when this first appeared on the Internet.

The consensus there was that it's real, given that we see 100s of accidents involving this sort of thing, it's only natural that once or twice someone does manage to slip through the gaps perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.