Your favorite webcomics and WHY

fade

Staff member
I'll be fiercely defensive of those guys that update ~1/mo and take hiatuses. With a day job and two school age kids, I'm lucky to find the time to do even that myself.

Kevin and Kell is pretty great...up until Rudy goes to college where it becomes devoid of any story where it ranges from pretty good to okay. Dear lord, can someone reveal themselves to be someone's relative to liven things up?!

Kevin and Kell is pretty great...up until Rudy goes to college where it becomes devoid of any story where it ranges from pretty good to okay. Dear lord, can someone reveal themselves to be someone's relative to liven things up?!
Yeah, I reluctantly dropped this one a few years ago. It was just so consistently bland and repetitive. "Ok, let's make a joke about rabbits being frisky" "Ok, let's make a joke about good hearing with big ears" "Ok, let's pillory a common human action by placing it in an animal context."

This and Sluggy were my first two webcomics.

Yeah the animal jokes...are even more frequent now, and I REALLY hope Bill does some crazy conspiracy stuff again otherwise he should just end it on those "I can't wait to see what happens next" cliff-hanger endings.

Camp Weedonwantcha. It came out of that webcomic maker reality show type thing Penny Arcade ran. It's about a camp, full if children who were, for one reason or another, unwanted. Sometimes absurdist humor, often quite touching, sometimes genuinely sad or funny. In the beginning it's mostly one-offs, later there're more storylines, and you slowly start learning all the campers' back stories (Spoiler: most of them are sad, considering they got left at camp). Great details in the background, lots of little jokes or information hidden away all over.
I should have done work last night. Instead, I read this! Great recommendation!

Here's another you all might like: Demon Archives: Minerva The setting is post-WW3, at or around present day Mongolia, where a small, elite group of survivors fights for their survival. One survivor, a no-nonsense, mecha-piloting badass, gets a teenaged AI for his best friend. The body count is high, the action is intense!
X

I'm a fan of D&D screencap comics, for some reason. I don't even play D&D. So I quite like DM of the Rings, as well as Darths and Droids.

I found a new one recently called Avengers, Roll Initiative, involving the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's quite good, but the update schedule is even more erratic than, say, VGCats.