[Rant] Young Titans, or Teen Justice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I have no real problems so far with Young Justice. It's a pretty good DC show, and keeps my interest. My main problem with the show is well, the continuity is incredibly confusing to me. I mean, Dick Grayson, Wally West, and Roy Harper all founding members of the Teen Titans are on this show. And yet...it's YOUNG JUSTICE?! The original Aqualad was there too but he was switched by the second Aqualad(confusion factor rising). Superboy is there too...he's a member of both teams so I'll buy it. And Zatanna's a teen now and Zatanna's dad is still alive as Dr. Fate-AGH! I'm not saying it's a bad show, but does anyone else find it confusing? It can't be just me!

figmentPez

Staff member
Nope, no confusion here. But then Elseworlds and other "What if?" tales are some of my favorite comics.

Young Justice is it's own continuity. Forget the history you've "learned" and just accept what the show presents.

Okey-Dokey...sort-of. Still feel's weird to me though. But hey, it's a DC cartoon. Chances are the plot's gonna be better than the comics their based on so I really don't have to worry much do I?

For one, they're never referred to as Young Justice on the show, which I like. Second, they're taking the DC continuity - including newer characters like Superboy and Miss Martian - and imagining as if they were around at the same time as Dick and Wally were young, too. Personally, it's my favourite of DC continuity these days. Rather than the confusing "We've only had Superman and the Justice League around for the last 5 years," there's a real history behind the Young Justice continuity. And honestly, it's a much richer continuity than the current DC comics.

....yeah that does make a lot of sense. Did not...take branding into account.

Edit: I will also agree the continuity is a lot richer than the current stuff. Speaking of comics, is Lian Harper alive yet? If they remade the whole series and didn't bring her back I'm gonna be pissed.
Sorry, that would be back-story and DC has expunged back-story from their comics to avoid the confusion it causes Dan Dido.

....yeah that does make a lot of sense. Did not...take branding into account.

Edit: I will also agree the continuity is a lot richer than the current stuff. Speaking of comics, is Lian Harper alive yet? If they remade the whole series and didn't bring her back I'm gonna be pissed.
Since both Ollie and Roy are younger in the DCnU, neither of them are old enough to have their children from the old continuity. Until some future editorial team changes their mind on that, or Roy hooks up with Cheshire and has Lian all over again.

Incidentally, Greg Weisman wrote a 185 page timeline detailing the fictional history of Earth-16. In the DCnU, Batman has had four Robins and spent some time dead (with Dick Grayson becoming Batman) within the span of five years. So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.