Export thread

yesssssssss new Taylor Swift album and new single!!! Red - October 22nd

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

The wait for two months for the new album is going to suck, but at least I can play this song on repeat like a billion times until then :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

That you adore Taylor Swift unironically is the most ironic thing to which I think I have ever been exposed.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Personally I'm MUCH more excited about PSY's 6th Album release.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

That you adore Taylor Swift unironically is the most ironic thing to which I think I have ever been exposed.
I have no idea what this means, as I try to peel the layers of the ironi-nions, I start crying and just listen to Dear John again

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't think I've ever listened to any Taylor Swift before. Now I wish I could still say that because that song's pretty terrible.

Zappit

Zappit

I am so curious as to what guy gets burned by America's Most Wholesome Skank this time. She just can't seem to put out new material without a failed relationship behind it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I am so curious as to what guy gets burned by America's Most Wholesome Skank this time. She just can't seem to put out new material without a failed relationship behind it.
All you'll ever be is mean.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Worked for Alanis Morrisette.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

lol @ slut shaming and calling Taylor Swift a skank for owning her sexuality in the 21st century

Covar

Covar

Much more of a pop sound than before. Hope the albums not like that.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Much more of a pop sound than before. Hope the albums not like that.
Each album usually has had a couple straight out poppy songs. Fearless didn't sound like "You Belong to Me", Speak Now not wholly like...umm... I'm blanking. I guess "Better than Revenge"? Not sure that was a single.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

This is still what I think about when you guys talk about Pop-Music on here...

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I actually unironically enjoy the Music Reviewing chapters of American Psycho

Zappit

Zappit

lol @ slut shaming and calling Taylor Swift a skank for owning her sexuality in the 21st century
Now it's not really bashing - one of those guys was John Mayer, who looks like the God of Syphilis. THAT guy is full-on slut, which goes beyond skank. It's just that Swift's act feels old, Charlie, and that she's just using guys for her music. I don't see that as owning one's sexuality. I see it as abusing it. To me, owning one's sexuality means actually putting it to work in a relationship that has a chance. Taylor Swift does not appear to do that.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Now it's not really bashing - one of those guys was John Mayer, who looks like the God of Syphilis. THAT guy is full-on slut, which goes beyond skank. It's just that Swift's act feels old, Charlie, and that she's just using guys for her music. I don't see that as owning one's sexuality. I see it as abusing it. To me, owning one's sexuality means actually putting it to work in a relationship that has a chance. Taylor Swift does not appear to do that.
I didn't know you knew her personally and knew all of her motivations

also it's very sex-negative to assume that anyone who enjoys and has a lot of sex has an STD

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Do you?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Not a fan but you enjoy when it comes out. :)

Zappit

Zappit

also it's very sex-negative to assume that anyone who enjoys and has a lot of sex has an STD
No, I don't know her motivations, but I doubt that there aren't many people who do. However, her music is a business, and the point of business is to make money. She's got a formula that works, and it just happens to require a public break-up. I do think that money is a big motivator. She did just hook-up with a Kennedy.

I happen to think that it's a very negative attitude towards sex that one can look at a...how should I say it..."manizer"? That works. Anyway, to look at anybody who just uses other people and sees it as empowerment - there's a failure to see the bigger picture.

And really, busting my balls over a John Mayer joke? I never even said he was riddled with venereal disease. He just looks that way.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I'm not sure how else to intrepret God of Syphillis

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I don't see it as her using relationships to make better music, I just see it as someone who may have been hurt real bad at one point, and is using the pain (not always pain, sometimes hopeful!) to make some catchy songs.

I won't be buying the cd or anything, but I probably won't change the radio station until I hear it for the fourth or fifth time and yell at my radio to stop playing the same songs.

Zappit

Zappit

I'm not sure how else to intrepret God of Syphillis
He just looks that way. Dude just needs some vitamins.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm pretty sure there are songs by other artists about how John Mayer is a douche.

linglingface

linglingface

I like Taylor Swift, but I'm not sure about this song... :-/ I'll probably buy the album, though!

GasBandit

GasBandit

The song is not testing well among the listeners of my employer's country station.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm not a big taylor swift fan in general, but that was horrible. I hated that stupid talking in the song. I don't always mind when singers do that, but I thought that was really poorly done.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Can`t listen to the song here in Germany.Curses.

Frank

Frank

Her music is like listening to texts by bitchy ex-girlfriends.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

IT LEAKED AND I'M LISTENING TO IT RIGHT NOW

It's really really really really really good :aaah:

Steve

Steve

Not a fan of her music but there's a place for her in the music scene. At least she writes her own songs and plays an instrument. Can't say that about a lot of musicians on the pop scene right now. Well, I'm not 100% sure she plays any instrument but think I've seen her strumming on a guitar in a video.

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'aww Charles. You remind me of my niece. :)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

He reminds me of my ten-year-old cousin.

The girl one.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

D'aww Charles. You remind me of my niece. :)
tumblr_mb9tpp11Xt1rv23meo5_250.gif

Shakey

Shakey

I heard her song on the radio the other day. It reminds me of avril levigne.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Espy

Espy

What is this I don't even

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

He reminds me of my ten-year-old cousin.

The girl one.
I'm not sure if this is meant as an insult, gender roles are bullshit and I take no offense to being compared to a girl

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm not sure if this is meant as an insult, gender roles are bullshit and I take no offense to being compared to a girl
Haha you listen to girl music!
*goes back to listening to La Roux*

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Haha you listen to girl music!
*goes back to listening to La Roux*
I LOVE LA ROUX

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I LOVE LA ROUX
Then you, sir, have excellent taste.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I agree with Le Roux. Bulletproof is on my major listening rotation.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Imagine if Taylor Swift and Adele dated briefly just so they could break up... imagine the song it would produce.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I had to specify because they're twins.

The boy's too busy listening to Justin Bieber.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You have the musical taste of a child, is the way you should take that.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

You have the musical taste of a child, is the way you should take that.
better than the intellect of a child

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

better than the intellect of a child
I can not begin to say how ironic that is...

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Funny that you used the word Ironic when talking about Charlie Don't Surf :D

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm guessing you also read Charlie's retort to the tone of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

musical taste != intellect

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

musical taste != intellect
I think they were implying maturity not intellect.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't think I should get into any online spats unless I'm willing to put in the effort to do a good job.

And I'm not.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I don't think I should get into any online spats unless I'm willing to put in the effort to do a good job.

And I'm not.
Pffft, just half-ass em. It's better that way. You get more vile/vitirol at you with less effort, it's fantastic.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Pffft, just half-ass em. It's better that way. You get more vile/vitirol at you with less effort, it's fantastic.
You don't say. I'm gonna go find something to do that doesn't make me want to slit my wrists.

I don't think I'm fit for human interaction right now. Which means it's still okay to wake up my wife! :troll:

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

let's focus on what's important

this music video with furries

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

You know who's awesome?
Macklemore.
He can do cheesy/catchy/funny and still have a point/message

or he can pull your heartstrings while still having a point/message

Interested to see what you think about these two Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I got :40 into the first video before I confirmed that Eminem remains the only white rapper that doesn't make me cringe. Sorry

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I got :40 into the first video before I confirmed that Eminem remains the only white rapper that doesn't make me cringe. Sorry
That's a shame. Both videos convey a great message (the first one with humor the second with emotion) that is rare to find in today's music culture.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I guess I should say current white rapper. That's not fair, I love the Beastie Boys

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I guess I should say current white rapper. That's not fair, I love the Beastie Boys
Sidenote on Macklemore:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/macklemore-itunes-no-1-seattle_n_1950738.html

http://pulse.sfstation.com/2012/10/...is-advocate-gay-rights-thrift-store-shopping/

He's much deeper than -just a white rapper-

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

That's cool that he's doing that and saying those things, BUT it doesn't change the fact that I dislike his music/style immensely

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

That's cool that he's doing that and saying those things, BUT it doesn't change the fact that I dislike his music/style immensely
After 40 seconds, yeah I'm sure you got a whole sense of his music.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I don't think I've ever heard a song and hated the first 0:40 and then it suddenly became awesome afterward. I'm going to listen to Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" again to get my fill of GLBQ-friendly hip-hop.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I don't think I've ever heard a song and hated the first 0:40 and then it suddenly became awesome afterward. I'm going to listen to Frank Ocean's "Channel Orange" again to get my fill of GLBQ-friendly hip-hop.
Unreal.

That's about all I can say.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

You're completely free to start a thread on that dude, and I will proceed to not post about Taylor Swift in it at all

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

You're completely free to start a thread on that dude, and I will proceed to not post about Taylor Swift in it at all
You're absolutely right. Enjoy.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm with Charlie on this. Sometimes you just don't like a song.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

UPDATE the album dropped today and I bought it at midnight last night

Here's my first proto-review dealy

GREAT SONGS
State of Grace
All Too Well
Stay Stay Stay
Holy Ground
Starlight

GOOD SONGS
Red