WTF is going on in China (School attacks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to all the news articles I've read on the subject, it's a combination of untreated mental illness and social strain resulting from a rapidly expanding/evolving society. I'm not sure how accurate any of that is, though.

What? I thought guns cause people to go on rampages, not hammers and knives. China needs stricter knife/hammer laws.

j/k - kind of.

Seriously though, poor kids. That's jacked up. I never really understood the killing spree then suicide. Just kill yourself and be done with it. Why take out a bunch of innocents? If you are going to go on a rampage, at least try to go after some assholes, instead of kids.

I

Iaculus

According to all the news articles I've read on the subject, it's a combination of untreated mental illness and social strain resulting from a rapidly expanding/evolving society. I'm not sure how accurate any of that is, though.
That would just explain increasing violent/bizarre behaviour in general, though, wouldn't it? Not this particuar sort of pattern.

That would just explain increasing violent/bizarre behaviour in general, though, wouldn't it? Not this particuar sort of pattern.[/QUOTE]

I would think so. The article I read this morning included a quote from a sociologist who believed children were just more convenient targets due to their inability to defend themselves.

That would just explain increasing violent/bizarre behaviour in general, though, wouldn't it? Not this particuar sort of pattern.[/QUOTE]

I would think so. The article I read this morning included a quote from a sociologist who believed children were just more convenient targets due to their inability to defend themselves.[/QUOTE]

I think one whacko does something nutty and others just follow suit. The actions themselves are probably inconsequential. If these folks acted out in the same manner without knowledge of the other incidents then that would be interesting.

Not enough women for everyone = no kids... all it takes is one crazy bugger who feel like taking revenge on the people that have kids.

Of course it could just be plenty of other stuff instead, or even contributing to it.

C

Chibibar

1. No D&D allow in China (well not technically) but you can't have more than 4 people of non-family member "meeting" at your place of resident. All meetings has to be sanction by the government if it is larger than that. They fear you are "plotting" against the government.

2. As for games, it is possible since Cafe are popular.

3. But I think it is lack of sex or available sex. Female children are not "wanted" for the most part unless you are rich and can afford it. A male child is the only one who can carry on the name. With the less female population than male, female can get the pick of the litter so that means the "lower class" gets unlucky or died single :(

Point 1 is true cause my parents does multi-level marketing and go busted in by the cops cause she had more than 3 people in her home.
point 2 is totally guess since everyone else blame video games
point 3 is true :( sadly there was an article I post a while back regarding male/female ratio

1. No D&D allow in China (well not technically) but you can't have more than 4 people of non-family member "meeting" at your place of resident. All meetings has to be sanction by the government if it is larger than that. They fear you are "plotting" against the government.
Ah the old wisdom that says, "4 people can have a birthday party but 5 people can overthrow a superpower." Wise move there China. :rolleyes:

C

Chibibar

Ah the old wisdom that says, "4 people can have a birthday party but 5 people can overthrow a superpower." Wise move there China. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well. The Communist Party exist all this time due to fear and lack of education. The majority of the population in China has a low literacy rate (which is good for Communist) easier to brain wash.

This is one of the reason you have the "Great Firewall of China" to prevent free flow of information to the people. Of course as China progress and wants the same technological toys as Westerners (heck they make most of them there) it is getting harder and harder to instill fear and ignorance.

Yeah ditto on #1. Never ever heard of that. China circa 1960 maybe but not 2010.

On topic, the Shenyang Korean school where i work got two new extra security guards paid for by the Shenyang governmet. I talked to em and asked them if they had guns or tasers or whatever But they laughed and said no but one of em carries around a little pocket knife. So yeah.

Yeah ditto on #1. Never ever heard of that. China circa 1960 maybe but not 2010.
Well there might a something on the books about it but it doesn't get enforced most of the time. Heck, we haven't been a communist state for over 20 years and that still happens over here (mostly with EU required stuff).

Sex is available on any street corner in China. Karaoke bars, massage parlours and barbershops all offer sexual services and the men (and women) of China make use of them. Particularily in the southern regions of Guangdong, hongkong, but also in Beijing itself.

How do I know this? does a barbershop with nothing but blacklight and girls with their legs spread wide at passersby sound like a place you want to get your hair cut? I think there are about a dozen I have to walk by on my way to work crammed full of girls.
Sex and having a family are different needs.

C

Chibibar

complete bullshit. if this were true you wouldn't see so many people dancing in parks. My friends would get busted far more often for their house parties (as it stands I have heard of 0 cases of this happening) [/quote]

FIRST: you need your neighbor to tell on you. If they are loyalist to China, they will report you in. Trust me, my mom got busted more often than once. Now of course you can always bribe officials or get a permit to host MORE than 4 people. But the law is there. Where is your friend? my mom got busted for both in Shanghai AND Beijing.

3. But I think it is lack of sex or available sex. Female children are not "wanted" for the most part unless you are rich and can afford it. A male child is the only one who can carry on the name. With the less female population than male, female can get the pick of the litter so that means the "lower class" gets unlucky or died single :(
Sex is available on any street corner in China. Karaoke bars, massage parlours and barbershops all offer sexual services and the men (and women) of China make use of them. Particularily in the southern regions of Guangdong, hongkong, but also in Beijing itself.

How do I know this? does a barbershop with nothing but blacklight and girls with their legs spread wide at passersby sound like a place you want to get your hair cut? I think there are about a dozen I have to walk by on my way to work crammed full of girls.

Now for the topic at hand: I have no idea what the fuck is going on. It's got many people here confused about the whole thing... and angry. They are talking about posting security guards at schools now.
[/quote]

Yes. There are prostitutes available, but that cost money. You know that average citizen makes LESS than we do? Their wages are for crap and how they are going to afford a prostitute? also I meant more of mate (at least that is what I was leading toward)

The male vs female in the U.S. is more "balance" (give or take 4-5% I can't remember the actual figure) than China. There was an article that I posted that many MILLIONS of Chinese men will die single due to lack of female mate.

Yea you could go prostitute route, but you are not going to end up with a mate with that one.

However, compare the knife attacks to the crazy gunmen in north american schools eh? This isn't a question about crazy China its about the crazy world.
In the US is usually high-schools and universities, and by people that have some connections to the places (and video games :p ).

Here is adults attacking small children.

They're both about crazy people getting back at the world, but obviously they're expressing it against different targets, so the cause must be different.

C

Chibibar

Seriously Chibibar no. The police might have the right to enter your premises if they suspect you are doing something illegal but I have never heard of anyone getting invaded simply for having more than four people at their home. I live in Beijing and have parties at my home almost weekly. My wifes friends are constantly having parties and guess what, none of them have ever been arrested for doing so. I don't know what your mother is doing in China, but her experiences are uncommon.

By this same token, the Canadian government also has the right to enter your home if they use the war measures act like they did in Quebec.
well tell that to my mother. She does business in China a LOT and have two houses there (Beijing and Shanghai) The police DID come to her home thinking that she is having an "illegal" meeting where it is only a business that she is conducting (legal Nu Skin business) cause her neighbors are communist loyalist and report her.

Prostitution is cheap in China. There are more whores in China than there are people in Canada. I agree that whores and wives are not the same. I have never been with a whore but you said because of lack of sex not lack of miarrage. Besides, I'll ask the question that I use whenever some Nong yells at me about taking all their Chinese women, "why can Chinese men only marry Chinese women?" Don't we live in a more diverse world?
Heh. My parents totally flipped when I marry a WHITE girl. They believe in keeping the "Asian Line pure" or something like that.

Half white, half asian kids are better looking than us full breeds anyway.

It's for a new, more attractive tomorrow.

Half white, half asian kids are better looking than us full breeds anyway.

It's for a new, more attractive tomorrow.
My friend (who is Asian) was telling me she felt like a stereotype being with white guys because around NYC she sees so many Asian girls with white guys. Then she claims she can't help it, she has a white fetish. I went to the farmer's market with her this past weekend, having waved away her observation months ago, but then I saw probably four or five couples of Asian girl/white guy within a span of 10 minutes.

While Tekeo lives in China, I know that regions and provinces differ in how they treat things. I get a lot of illegal immigration cases from China, many involving Falun Gong and underground Christian churches. Having a gathering of non-relations at home may not be illegal, but it's certainly enough for the police to go in and see what the deal is.

Off topic rant: I used to date an asian girl, and it would drive me nuts when people assumed I had an asian fetish. She just happened to be asian, and my reasons for being with her were completely separate. I've dated girls of almost every race/culture, and everytime random strangers assume that I have a fetish and make comments. Bugs the shit out of me, even to this day.

They are getting similar kill numbers with out using the evil gun.
That's just because chinese 1st graders aren't allowed to have guns...[/QUOTE]

hhe... actually Chinese citizens are NOT allow to have guns at all. Only military, police (some cases, secret service, and criminals)[/QUOTE]

Former communist country here, thanks. And secret service had guns, they just didn't carry them if they where spying...

C

Chazwozel

Off topic rant: I used to date an asian girl, and it would drive me nuts when people assumed I had an asian fetish. She just happened to be asian, and my reasons for being with her were completely separate. I've dated girls of almost every race/culture, and everytime random strangers assume that I have a fetish and make comments. Bugs the shit out of me, even to this day.

I dated a black girl and the assumption that I had 'jungle' fever pissed me off to no end.

I dated a black girl and the assumption that I had 'jungle' fever pissed me off to no end.[/QUOTE]

And that time that I was dating that guy, people thought I was gay...

I did hear that apparently one of the attacks was targeted at a school where only children of government officials attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.