[Gaming] Working Designs, Lunar, and me. (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to continue to derail the "Pouring one out" thread, so I decided to make my own. This thread is about the company Working Designs (farewell old friends) the game series Lunar: The Silver Star, and my soon to be reactions once it gets here (3-5 days and counting).

Anyone, feel free to comment on favorite moments, favorite games, and any other Working Designs games you loved. Special thanks to Shego for recommending I try out the psp version.

Edit: I added SPOILERS to the title, as I'm sure things will be talked about that span all the games, and I'd rather not have to put spoiler tags in every post.

The only sad thing about playing Silver Star Harmony on PSP is that you want Eternal Blue PSP so ridiculously bad afterward. Personally I found a ton of great RPGs on the PSP that kept the system a gem for me but missing Working Designs as a whole is the general jist of what I meant on the previous thread. Popful Mail, Dark Wizard, Lunar. I can't name how many times I watched the animated cut scenes in those gems.

I'm much looking forward to hearing your impressions once you get your hands on it though, it's a surreal experience.

The first time I played Lunar, I had no idea that a cut scene could even exist in a game. I remember staring dumb founded at the tv. I also remember being really shocked when Luna didn't make the trip to Meribia.

Honestly? That's one of my favorite changes when the PSX version hit. It was so much more powerful when she runs after the boat and leaps into Hiro's arms.... we also would have never had:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ8nyFGuqBo

Not to mention all the additional awesome scenes with my favorite villain/hero Ghaleon.

Oh, I agree. I also like how they expanded/added the fortune teller and her sisters.

Now, favorite Mage. Mia, Nash, Lemia, or Lemina? (I purposefully left of Lucia)

Uh Ghaleon? I thought we established that ;)

Otherwise Royce for sure (You should have guessed my favorites would have been the villains) :)

While I agree, I was more asking out of the playable ones! Ghaleon was probably the best thing to come out of all the remakes. He was great in the original, but he really got to shine in the later ones.

Mini update: I cancelled my Lunar order, as I found out I can download it off of PSN for less than I was going to get it on Amazon.

The walk down intro he has in Eternal Blue is forever etched my memory as one of my all time favorite RPG moments.

WOOT! Got my psp today, and it could not have come at a better time. I'm leaving tomorrow morning to visit my partners family for the holidays, and I'm looking at an 8 hour trip. I'll update once I'm back (and maybe beaten the game)!

Status
Not open for further replies.