Win32/Small.CVQ Trojan: NOD32 is Annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always lauded Eset's NOD32 as the best Antivirus program out there.

Now? I'm not so sure.

For a few days now, I get a pop-up from NOD32 every 5-10 minutes telling me it found and cleaned an infection.

It's always a "variant of Win32/Small.CVQ Trojan", with the infected file being "svchost.exe".

NOD32 thinks it's doing it's job by finding the file and deleting it. Problem is... THE INFECTED FILE IS BEING CREATED EVERY 10 MINUTES! NOD32 is OBVIOUSLY not addressing the problem's root, just the "symptom".

I need this thing OUT. I googled and found a website that supposedly had a removal tool.... and NOD32 instantly found it to be a virus of its own. Googling hasn't helped me, so I turn to you, my savvy forumites... please help me find a way to remove this thing so I can once again use my computer without NOD32 having a red and white thing pop up three hundred million times a day.

M

Matt²

there's a rootkit on your system that is reinstalling the file. You'll need to do either a boot time scan or take the hard drive out of the machine and scan it on a clean one.

my advice is to boot into safe mode, install Avast 5, and Malwarebytes. Run Malwarebytes first on their faster scan, let it clean what it wants. Reboot and tell Avast to do the boot time scan.

Oh, and if you follow this advice you owe me $75. ;)

M

Matt²

you can use the pro version for 30 days free.. then if you don't want to buy it (sigh) then yes, uninstall it and just use the free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.